NUFC vs QPR

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were very lucky not to get pasted at their place so I don't want to go crazy and say this will be an easy game, even with some key players missing for them.

Their main weakness though is that Helguson has been one of their main scoring threats as of late and all he's good at is taking slow penalties.

We should win given our form and I think we'll create some decent chances. Let's just hope Obertan isn't given a start because we're much more efficient when he isn't in the side.

I think Ben Arfa should play on the wing for this one.

We were very lucky not to get pasted at their place so I don't want to go crazy and say this will be an easy game, even with some key players missing for them.

Their main weakness though is that Helguson has been one of their main scoring threats as of late and all he's good at is taking slow penalties.

Bullet header on him.

Canny funny considering the reasons he left Fulham. Hope him and Barton have a bust up too. Apart from that, I quite like QPR :lol:

He thought he was going to walk into the Aston Villa job tbh. :lol:

Guest CabayeAye

Not happy about Chris Foy reffing. Might as well toss a coin to see who gets the points since you can bet there will be 5-6 absolutley shocking decisions, probably for pelanties/red cards.

Newcastle v QPR, 13:30 Sunday

Fresh from having star striker Demba Ba touted around Europe by agents, midfield warrior Cheik Tiote be the subject of transfer rumours and a £15m pricetag slapped on keeper Tim Krul, it might be easier if Newcastle just put out a list of who wasn't for sale!

It would be no surprise if the Geordies sprung a surprise and cashed in on at least one key asset this month.

Fabricio Coloccini would be the obvious one: aged 29, the best player in the squad, new contract not yet sorted, sell-on value in the future limited.

But the departure of their skipper would leave a huge hole. It’s finances versus playing ambition again.

Anyway it was good to see Mark Hughes taking that huge step up the managerial ladder he wanted this week.

He quit Fulham in the summer hoping for the big one to come along and he has landed it... the chance to manage the mighty QPR has relaunched his career.

Instead of survival battles and low-key games in front of 20,000, Hughes can now look forward to taking charge of survival battles and low-key games in front of around 20,000.

Prediction: 2-1

I like Simon Bird :D

Oh and does anyone have what the table would look like if Lawro got it spot on every week? I can't find it.

Found it.

But can't insert the table in the post without it going spaktastic

Edited by The Fish

I think you'll murder them.

You're at home for a start having just pissed all over Man United, they are away and on a miserable run.

My Dad is a QPR fan, so I see a fair bit of them, and they are poor right now.

I don't even think the 'new manager boost' thing will make a difference, not to mention they are missing Barton, who no matter what people think of him as a bloke, is a decent player, and certainly their best.

3 - 0.

One of the few games that I've been feeling positive about this season. As I mentioned in the other thread I think they're toothless up front and leaky at the back.