NUFC vs QPR

Monroe Transfer

Do you not get embarrassed when he starts tapping up players, then acts all offended when someone calls him on it? There's just no way he should be openly speculating about transfer clauses.

It's such a shame that such a savy manager has to be such a crooked prick. More brown envelopes than the Royal Mail that one.

I'm not sure he does 'tap up' really.

****Hear me out before you type your furious reply****

I was reading the comments on your 'Ba' thread after he was quoted in the paper saying something along the lines of "Ba is a good player" and I to be honest, I'm not sure what it was he said that pissed you all off so much.

You know what he's like, he loves the press and they love him, he guarantees them a quote and they reciprocate with favourable articles.

If you ask me, he's a PR genius.

Anyway, on the Ba quote, he was asked a question, so of course he was going to answer. It's not like he instigated it by bringing the player up himself.

I even saw a ridiculous quote on here from someone saying he probably got one of his 'media mates' to ask him the question so he could start the ball rolling on getting Ba at Spurs! That's pure paranoia.

Where he did make a mistake was a few days later mentioning the get-out clause stuff, it was out of line in my, and a couple of my Spurs mates opinions, but I genuinely don't think there was anything malicious in it.

To be honest, he's a great manager, but I doubt he's the football criminal mastermind rival fans paint him as.

Even if I did think he was tapping players up, does it embarrass me?

No chance.

If it gets Tottenham a player that improves our squad and pushes us on, I literally couldn't give a monkey's what other fans think, most of you hate us anyway.

And yes, I was pissed off with the whole Chelsea/Modric saga, but I accepted it as modern day football unfortunately.

That was me. I couldn't understand why a striker for another club and his contract was up for discussion by the toffee-faced prick. We weren't playing them that weekend-what fucking business is it of his?

He's a dodgy bastard with the press in his back pocket. I hope he gets what he deserves in the next couple of weeks.

edit He talks about 4 players from other clubs in that article!

'triffic playa

wanker.

Edited by Barney

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading to this one tomorrow, looking forward to a win. Bringing the Mrs to the game along with a couple of friends.

Comfortable win, 2-0, Best to get back on the scoresheet and hopefully Arfa if he gets a game.

Heading to this one tomorrow, looking forward to a win. Bringing the Mrs to the game along with a couple of friends.

Comfortable win, 2-0, Best to get back on the scoresheet and hopefully Arfa if he gets a game.

Arfas starting on the wing according to local journos.

By the sound of it, this will be the team.

Krul

Simpson. Williamson. Coloccini. Santon

Hatem. Guthrie. Cabaye. Jonas

Ameobi. Best

I'm quite happy with that.

if only he'll see sense and switch Jonas and HBA to where they should play, then i'd be amazed

he seems to have some problem with people playing on the right side

Jonas prefers the left though doesn't he? And (if he has to play on the wings) I thought hba preffered the right

Its all trendy to have wrong footed.wingers these days anyway

Our record against these up here is wank. I can only think of Keegan's debut off the top of my head where we beat them! But......we've beaten other bogey sides this year in fulham, blackburn and man U, sooooo......no idea how this'll go . 1-1 at a guess. Hope Ben

Arfa runs riot and we murder them, though.

we have to win tomorrow !!

Why?

well, it's the aim of the game innit.

team in the bottom three at home, chance to go above liverpool. these are the games we have to be winning if we want to finish in the top 6.