NUFC vs QPR

Monroe Transfer

Love the way the entire crowd are hoping that with 15 or 20 minutes to go Pardew is going to bring someone on to help us attack and go two up.

Groans then start to go out as someone says "that's not Perch coming on ffs"!

This is where Pardew is getting u's extra points. Knowing when it's time to shut up shop and see the game out. Something good sides can do and something we are really not used to seeing at SJP.

Normally would have thrown that game away in the last 10 minutes.

Well Played Alan, what do we know :)

the groans is because it's Perch and he's famous for being a liability (the last couple of games aside) not because of the tactics being employed,

"Well Played Alan, what do we know :)"

Aye well played, lucky you were forced into dropping that long ball tactic that had us under pressure until cabaye got crippled.

Aye, Perch is a player you're hoping doesn't do something to fuck things up for us as opposed to being mildly comfortable with him coming on. We had Gosling and Abeid both on the bench I think another reason people were groaning is because if we're going to put someone on simply to shore up the midfield/put on some fresh legs we'd all rather see some young talent get a few minutes of experience as opposed to a well known clogger running about. I admit he did nowt wrong but I really don't feel Gosling or Abeid would have put a foot wrong either and they've got more of a future here than Perch.

I was told by someone that was at the match that Pardew was going to put Gosling on when Cabaye was hurt but the crowd in the dugout area went wild and started chanting for Ben Arfa, can anyone confirm/deny that?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tiny gripe to get off the chest. When the SJP announcer was reading the team and subs, he did them all in the normal way and then went ape shit over the top announcing HBA. If I was one of the other players I would be looking for the fucker after the game!

Nee offence, CT, but I've heard that gripe is actually the size of King Kong's fist, it just appears tiny on your chest, mate.

Twat......just because you've had a healthy run and are feeling the dogs bollocks!!!!

Good result today. The back 4 were excellent, Santon very quietly looking awesome. Ryan Taylor is looking comfortable in every position he plays him, like a 2012 version of Steve Watson.

I'm a Shola fan but he was shite today, 2nd half he looked injured but Best was knacked as well. HBA did well and looked dangerous.

Ray Wilkins....my word what a twat! How many times did he tell Cabaye to get up and get on with the game when he was clearly injured. He was so QPR biased, slating HBA yet loving SWP who was terrible!

We had no other strikers on the bench today. Is Lovenkrands not even worth a place considering Shola fades rapidly around the 60 minute barrier?

I dont think he was injured, just didnt have the fitness.

Lovenkrands is injured I think.

Lovely work by Best for the goal. Only saw the first half, but it seemed like there were several decent balls into the box that nobody got on the end of, almost like we were missing someone...

Obviously easy to say that with the knowledge that Ba is away but it looks like it's going to be a massive problem. With his goal today Best moved into outright second place for goals scored in the league for us, having previously been tied with 'own goal' on three each. Makes the lack of another striker look like an enormous handicap. Still, like I said, lovely work by Best, just hope he's got a few more of those in him over the next few weeks.

Edited by luckyluke

Lovely work by Best for the goal. Only saw the first half, but it seemed like there were several decent balls into the box that nobody got on the end of, almost like we were missing someone...

Obviously easy to say that with the knowledge that Ba is away but it looks like it's going to be a massive problem. With his goal today Best moved into outright second place for goals scored in the league for us, having previously been tied with 'own goal' on three each. Makes the lack of another striker look like an enormous handicap. Still, like I said, lovely work by Best, just hope he's got a few more of those in him over the next few weeks.

Can you name them? I struggled with the one furthest back, had to check nufc.com

Good result today. The back 4 were excellent, Santon very quietly looking awesome. Ryan Taylor is looking comfortable in every position he plays him, like a 2012 version of Steve Watson.

I'm a Shola fan but he was shite today, 2nd half he looked injured but Best was knacked as well. HBA did well and looked dangerous.

Ray Wilkins....my word what a twat! How many times did he tell Cabaye to get up and get on with the game when he was clearly injured. He was so QPR biased, slating HBA yet loving SWP who was terrible!

Santon was MOM for me. The other thing is we were playing a rejuvinated qpr, not the old brand. Think we did well, clearly missing the alpha males.

He does look quality. Apart from one poor clearing header in the first half he was brilliant. Looks on a similar level to Enrique. Very impressive that he has settled so fast, normally defenders take the longest to settle into English football. He has taken to it like he's been here for five years.

Had a big big big row with a mate about Leon Best. As far as he's concerned Leon Best is as good as George Best, my point was other than his goal, to say he was abysmal would be an understatement, he and Shola didn't look remotely motivated or interested.

I thought we'd win 1-0 in a shite game and so it proved. Still 3 points are 3 points, we MUST start Benny at Fulham.

Works hard Best but he's just not that good, Brilliant goal like, but if people think he's going do a chop like Ronaldo and side foot it into the corner like Henry again they're mental.

Is that fella from here Stevie? i never understood the best hype like, great player but name an airport after him and "better than maradona" tag, wise up.

Nar he's a good friend of mine, but we wind each other up something rotten, he'll say anything to prove a point. His Best love drives me up the wall, when we sold Carroll his crack was I bet Best scores more in 2011, than Carroll, and of course the cunt was reet!

Works hard Best but he's just not that good, Brilliant goal like, but if people think he's going do a chop like Ronaldo and side foot it into the corner like Henry again they're mental.

Is that fella from here Stevie? i never understood the best hype like, great player but name an airport after him and "better than maradona" tag, wise up.

I think Best is good - he's just far too inconsistent and wanders too much. So yeah, he's "just not that good".

By all accounts the other (late) Best was "that good", I think his celebrity status helped add to his stature in the game though. Not a massive fan of what I've read about him off the pitch.

I think it's fair to describe yesterdays game as 'ugly.' I'll take winning ugly though. The only critiscism I have, and it's not really, is the obsession sometimes to shut up shop quite early (bringing on Perch for instance). It's not that I want attacking football all the time, it's just historically we're shit at soaking up pressure. It does seem to work though, it's just not something that sits comfortable with me. A plus to counter that though is that we actually had a good spell of just keeping hold of the ball, again something historically we've not been great at. Still, 4 points from safety!

Sounded like a right charva in his interview on MOTD too. Innit, blud, brethren etc..... How can you sound like a gangster from Nottingham?

You ever been to Nottingham?

Wannabe gangster central.

Aye, the same kid I rowed with was at Uni there. West Bridgford he stayed what a shithole, belta chippy on his street though.