Monroe Transfer

NUFC vs QPR

Do you not get embarrassed when he starts tapping up players, then acts all offended when someone calls him on it? There's just no way he should be openly speculating about transfer clauses.

It's such a shame that such a savy manager has to be such a crooked prick. More brown envelopes than the Royal Mail that one.

I'm not sure he does 'tap up' really.

****Hear me out before you type your furious reply****

I was reading the comments on your 'Ba' thread after he was quoted in the paper saying something along the lines of "Ba is a good player" and I to be honest, I'm not sure what it was he said that pissed you all off so much.

You know what he's like, he loves the press and they love him, he guarantees them a quote and they reciprocate with favourable articles.

If you ask me, he's a PR genius.

Anyway, on the Ba quote, he was asked a question, so of course he was going to answer. It's not like he instigated it by bringing the player up himself.

I even saw a ridiculous quote on here from someone saying he probably got one of his 'media mates' to ask him the question so he could start the ball rolling on getting Ba at Spurs! That's pure paranoia.

Where he did make a mistake was a few days later mentioning the get-out clause stuff, it was out of line in my, and a couple of my Spurs mates opinions, but I genuinely don't think there was anything malicious in it.

To be honest, he's a great manager, but I doubt he's the football criminal mastermind rival fans paint him as.

Even if I did think he was tapping players up, does it embarrass me?

No chance.

If it gets Tottenham a player that improves our squad and pushes us on, I literally couldn't give a monkey's what other fans think, most of you hate us anyway.

And yes, I was pissed off with the whole Chelsea/Modric saga, but I accepted it as modern day football unfortunately.

That was me. I couldn't understand why a striker for another club and his contract was up for discussion by the toffee-faced prick. We weren't playing them that weekend-what fucking business is it of his?

He's a dodgy bastard with the press in his back pocket. I hope he gets what he deserves in the next couple of weeks.

edit He talks about 4 players from other clubs in that article!

'triffic playa

wanker.

Edited by Barney

Tottenham Dave, you should listen to this past week's Football Ramble podcast. You'll see how much 'Arry winds up other fans.

Heading to this one tomorrow, looking forward to a win. Bringing the Mrs to the game along with a couple of friends.

Comfortable win, 2-0, Best to get back on the scoresheet and hopefully Arfa if he gets a game.

Heading to this one tomorrow, looking forward to a win. Bringing the Mrs to the game along with a couple of friends.

Comfortable win, 2-0, Best to get back on the scoresheet and hopefully Arfa if he gets a game.

Arfas starting on the wing according to local journos.

By the sound of it, this will be the team.

Krul

Simpson. Williamson. Coloccini. Santon

Hatem. Guthrie. Cabaye. Jonas

Ameobi. Best

I'm quite happy with that.

if only he'll see sense and switch Jonas and HBA to where they should play, then i'd be amazed

he seems to have some problem with people playing on the right side

if only he'll see sense and switch Jonas and HBA to where they should play, then i'd be amazed

Jonas prefers the left though doesn't he? And (if he has to play on the wings) I thought hba preffered the right

Its all trendy to have wrong footed.wingers these days anyway

HBA caused mayhem when he switched to the right at the Blackburn game, and Jonas played well with Santon on the left. I see no reason to change it.

Jonas prefers the left though doesn't he? And (if he has to play on the wings) I thought hba preffered the right

Its all trendy to have wrong footed.wingers these days anyway

Jonas has only played on the left for us, previous club and argentina (even when lobbed in at full back) he played on the right.

HBA played on the left his entire time with previous clubs when he wasn't in the middle (ala lyon where it was HBA - Benzema - Nasri)

it's another case of they can do it but it's just stupid when they don't have too, Santon should be on the right but seeing as we don't have a leftback he kinda has to stay there unfortunately

I know were used to Jonas playing on the left and everyone kinda forgets he should be on the right, but you should easily be reminded every-time he wastes time to get it back onto his right or puts in some horrible low cross with his left.

Really annoys the fuck outta me tbh, Jonas has bad enough end product at the best of times without the added wrong side, Jonas works hard and protects the fullback another reason he should be moved over, who needs more protection Santon or Simpson like.

It was due to injuries and the like when he played on the left at both clubs

(particularly when Maicon came back at inter)

santon is a properly right footed right sided player, like i've said before he can play on the left, but he's meant to be on the right, same goes for the da silva twins at man.u, fabio can play on the right, has played on the right but he's a left back and only gets moved to the right when they've no other option.

What i said before he signed (i'd been banging on about this lad for donkies mind before he was ever linked with us)

http://www.toontasti...post__p__963769

Defenders imo should never ever ever play on the side that doesn't match their foot unless like ronaldo and co they are properly two footed, because they will always instinctively come across to tackle with their strong foot, coming across a player to tackle with the wrong foot is just schoolboy error defending, you see fouls given away non stop when it happens, the classic being when a centrehalf gets turned and does it in the box for a peno.

for wingers ok it wastes time it's annoying and predictable, but not too risky.... for defenders they can't always afford to buy time to clear a ball with their good foot or time it right to tackle etc, it's much more a bigger deal.

and for fullbacks clearances should never go sideways , always down the line, but if your on the left and your right footed your going to have to hook the ball with your right and 80% of the time it's going to drift towards the middle rather than down the line, which can be suicidal.

Our record against these up here is wank. I can only think of Keegan's debut off the top of my head where we beat them! But......we've beaten other bogey sides this year in fulham, blackburn and man U, sooooo......no idea how this'll go . 1-1 at a guess. Hope Ben

Arfa runs riot and we murder them, though.

Excited for today. New manager syndrome, them in the drop zone, possibility of going 6th, both teams missing key players, no idea what to expect.

Hope Ben Arfa really kicks on now and makes himself undroppable.