NBA 2k12

CleeToonFan

Without doubt the best sports game ever, not even that much of a basketball fan but wow, everything about it is perfect. The broadcasting is perfect and the myplayer is jaw dropping (signed for the rockets and they put a picture of me in downtown Houston saying "The Future is Here" :D), The detail they go into is just amazing and the gameplay doubly so. Anyone want a new sports game i'd recommend this over dross like Fifa and even decent games like Pes and FM, surprised I haven't jizzed over it on here sooner. Also if anyone has it on the PS3 and wants to get Alan Pardew certified raped by Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio just say. Also no Stevie's allowed in this thread :lol:

Edited by CleeToonFan

Well you'd have to have even a passing interest in hoops to want to get this!

Their presentation certainly is on another level as well as their player signature moves. Would be brilliant to see what they could do with a football game. Not a huge fan of the gameplay though on this year's game, they've done quite a few tweaks that have taken the fun out of it I feel. Will have to persist a little more with it.

Funny you should create this thread actually - I'm currently in the market for a basketball game.

My options are this, NBA Jam or the 5 year old NBA Street Homecourt. Matt's comment about the fun being taken out of it put me off this a little. NBA Jam and Steet Homecourt would cost me about the same and have a different take on 'fun' (Jam is OTT, whilst Street Homecourt is about tricks as much as anything else).

I never was really into those types of games tbh MT so I wouldn't know, if NBA 2k11 or any old ones of these are cheapish i'd go for this if you just want one to fuck about on like, but if you're not really into the NBA or realism etc take NBA Jam over that other one, I remember it getting some good reviews when it came out (sequel to one from 1993 iirc?)

2k is still easily the best basketball game out there for an NBA sim, so much so that EA and completely given up with NBA Live the last couple of years. The learning curve is pretty steep though. Not one of those games you can easily just pick up and play.

Was going to say the same as Clee, if you can find 2k11 for very cheap then probably a good idea to go with that. There will certainly be roster updates made by users.