How many points will we finish the season with?

Baggio

2011/12 points total  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

I think at the end of the season we should name and shame those who got it wrong i.e all you thick cunts who have voted for less than 50 (I think we'll get 60+).

• Home W - Toothless upfront and porous at the back in my opinion and I think the lads who’ll get their chance due to the ACN departees will want to put on a good display.
  • Away L – Never been a happy hunting ground and they’re growing in confidence and assurance
  • Away W – Worst team in the Premier League by some margin and will weaken in after the window opens and a few players (Samba) leave
  • Home W – A poor team who’ll be all the worse for Bent’s departure, wouldn’t be surprised to see N’Zogbia go too
  • Away L – Awesome going forward, too much for Colo unless we get a notable Halfback in.
  • Home W - Cloggers and the African boys will be back but may not feature.
  • Home W – We will win because we will expect to win, they will lose because they honestly expect to. Also, they’ve no goal scorer in their team really
  • Away D – Not a happy hunting ground and barring injury they’ve the second best striker in the league ;) . However I think Ba and Tiote will definitely be back and raring to go by then
  • Home D – They're are a decent side and they’ve an astute manager who makes the most of what he's got and what his opponents don't.
  • Away L – I think they’ll need to kick on under Hodgson and do it soon. I also think they’ll strengthen in the window.
  • Home L – Well, we just will lose and Carroll and Gerrard will both score. Also, won’t Suarez be back?
  • Away L – Again, they’re a good side and have been impressive at home.
  • Home W – Awful side and we will comfortably beat them despite their need for points becoming more desperate
  • Away L – They’ll be looking to shore up their CL bid
  • Home W – At their best against “pretty” footballing sides and (ironically) don’t like it up ‘em, we'll do the double over them
  • Away W – Down already, it’ll be a shell of a side we face
  • Home L – They’ll either need the points and beat us or will have already won the title and will be showing off
  • Away L – Last game of the season, the very epitome of a nothing game. They’ll want it more because they’re in front of their own fans.

End on 59pts and in 7th. Happy for that to go in Prediction Thread

I think at the end of the season we should name and shame those who got it wrong i.e all you thick cunts who have voted for less than 50 (I think we'll get 60+).

More than 10 points out = name change

More than 15 points out = 3 month ban

More than 20 points out = become admin

Alot of drawn results down the stretch, particularly if HBA's status as a bit-part player continues. We're an organised outfit but we're predictable & pedestrian in attack, within the link-up zone between the midfield & the front two. Whether in a free-role (off the main striker) or out on the right, with the license to cut-in, we look more balanced from left-to-right.

Right now teams have figured us out to an extent. A fit Obertan (and Pards is showing a ton of faith in him) offers no threat down one flank, and opposition managers have caught on to this and they've duly shifted their defensive focus to our left side/gambling that Obertan doesn't punish us with the extra space afforded to him. It posed problems back in 00/01 (with Glass on the left) when Solano's ball-retention play, and creativity was curtailed. And i think it's posing a similar problem now, and there is too great a reliance on Ba creating his own chances thanks to his all-round play, workrate and movement.

Low 5O's. If Collo is offloaded to a club jostling for a CL spot (akin to when we got the jump on our rivals when we signed Woody), we lose our only ball-playing outlet when the midfield line is being hassled/pressed. Collo as a pressure release valve, is the team's fifth midfielder. If Collo goes, and i think Tiote to Manyoo is just about a certainty for shite/nonsense football reasoning i posted a while back, then it's mid 40's as the team will be running on petrol fumes. Don't discount team morale taking a hit if the team is sold down the river again in January, through the actions of the club's ownership.

Some brave/courageous management on Pardew's part (re-HBA), and the club's heirachy resisting bids for our best players and removing it's current marker as a 'feeder club' in what is a sellers' market' come January. Those are two considerable 'ifs' to overcome if we're to hit the 60 point mark.

I don't about the rest of you, but if we can hang in, position wise, til the three boys return from Africa, then I think we could definitely have an extremely exciting end to the season.

Of course the top four is the stuff of dreams but Liverpool and Arsenal arnt the forces we have come to expect.

Even Chelsea are struggling.

Can't wait. :)

And Marveaux, CT...

The next few weeks will be massive because we need to pick up as many points as we can without those players. Unquestionably they're massive players for us as they would be for any team.

Really we're missing 5 almost certain first teamers right now - S Taylor, Rodney, Ba, Marveaux and Tiote. To cope without them is a big ask.

Anything above 50 would be an excellent achievement. But after the start we've had, you never know. Hoping last month was our blip and we manage to get some results while Tiote and Ba are away. If we can do that and keep the likes of Colo fit, who knows? 60 points?

50 points would be a disaster imo. We've got 33 points nuw man. So what you're saying is if we average just under a point a game for the next 18 games we're doing well?? FFS W4 D5 L9 would get us 50 points man. Have a word with yourselves. The hardest games of the season have gone away in Manchester and Liverpool where we're always pish. If we don't get 60 I'll be disappointed. W9 D3 L6 would give us 60 man, and that wouldn't even be that good in my view.

Home games alone

QPR

Villa

Wolves

Sunderland

Norwich

Liverpool

Bolton

Man City

Stoke

If there's not 7 wins from them games alone something is wrong.

If someone had had offered us 50 points at the start of the season, you'd snap it up. We spent next to fuck all and sold a bunch of first team players Over 50 points is a massive achievement because no one fancied it at the start of the season, well except maybe CT an Deano.

Obviously from the position we're in now, you'd like us to chalk up a few more, which what I said in the post you quoted. I reckon we could end up in the high 50s or low 60s, which would be our best return for years.

Don't know about 7 home wins though. Thats a bit optimistic I reckon. Bound to be a few draws in the mix as well as defeats.

• 2 weeks later...

The only coverage I've seen of last nights game was what Twat Face Thomson was saying on Sky News. By his account we were under the cosh for 86 minutes of the game and it was unbeleivable we'd got a point from the game, let alone 3. I realise he's a twat and talks shite, but without lady luck smiling on us last night it would have been 11 points from 12 games, not quite the 1 point per game we should be exceeding.

As it is we did have the rub of the green this time, so it's 14 points from 12 and the above is bollocks :) but I reckon 54 points will be about the mark we'll hit.

The only coverage I've seen of last nights game was what Twat Face Thomson was saying on Sky News. By his account we were under the cosh for 86 minutes of the game and it was unbeleivable we'd got a point from the game, let alone 3. I realise he's a twat and talks shite, but without lady luck smiling on us last night it would have been 11 points from 12 games, not quite the 1 point per game we should be exceeding.

As it is we did have the rub of the green this time, so it's 14 points from 12 and the above is bollocks :) but I reckon 54 points will be about the mark we'll hit.

Pish. We're missing our best players and we still won. We were totally shit, but it's better to be shit and win, than play class and lose. The problem is Best and Shola to a large extent, they'll be gone from Sunday onwards, people will actually have some players to hit up front, mobile, skillful, imaginative strikers. We didn't have them and we still won.

The thing is you're only my age and you put negative spin on everything, what are you going to be like at 45. "11 points from 12 tells its' own story", well my bit of spin tells its' own story too....

6ibn2t.png

I don't put a negative spin on everything at all. Last night I was posting how mint it was that we'll be 4th on Sunday night when it's an impossibility. You can't get more blinkered and optimistic than that.

9 of the 12 points on your table came from the botttom 5 opposition. You can only win the games you're playing of course, but it is context to be wary of.

The next 5 games will be tough.

I don't put a negative spin on everything at all. Last night I was posting how mint it was that we'll be 4th on Sunday night when it's an impossibility. You can't get more blinkered and optimistic than that.

9 of the 12 points on your table came from the botttom 5 opposition. You can only win the games you're playing of course, but it is context to be wary of.

So fuck.

The next 5 games will be tough? We should win. 5 of the next 7.

Sun 05 13:30 H Aston Villa PREM

Sat 11 17:30 A Tottenham PREM

Sat 25 15:00 H Wolves PREM

March

Sun 04 12:00 H Sunderland PREM

Mon 12 20:00 A Arsenal PREM

Sat 17 15:00 H Norwich City PREM

Sun 25 16:00 A WBA PREM

All of those home games I expect to win, we can win at WBA, Arsenal there's a point there for us maybe more, and Tottenham will be hard. Hardly Man Utd and Man City away followed by Chelsea home is it?

Didn't we have this discussion about a month ago where you didn't like people saying we had hard fixtures during November and December as the reason we didn't pick up many points? Yet you now point out that the 9 points out of 12 we've picked up in January have come against bottom 5 teams.

Didn't we have this discussion about a month ago where you didn't like people saying we had hard fixtures during November and December as the reason we didn't pick up many points? Yet you now point out that the 9 points out of 12 we've picked up in January have come against bottom 5 teams.

I don't think so. I started a thread about our easy start 10 or so games in, and cautioned about geting too excited as November - January would see a drop off as we play the better teams and the squad depth starts to fail us (not particularly insightful). The drop off hasn't been anything like as bad as i feared though, and i go into the next 5 games against mostly top half opposition more optimistic than I went into that November run.

But I still reckon the 13 points from 10 since (the turning point of our season when) Taylor was injured (or the 14 from 12 as mentioned above) is about indicactive of how the rest of the season will go, giving us mid-fities, rather than the 25 points from 11 we achieved at our peak over the start of the season to get us into the high 60's.

As I said in another thread I had a look at our remaining fixtures the other day and tried not to be too optimistic when making predictions, we ended up with 57 points.

W5 - Wolves, Sunderland, Norwich, Bolton, Stoke.

D3 - Villa, West Brom, Wigan.

L7 - Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Swansea, Chelsea, Man City, Everton.

Considering we've already beaten Villa and my pessimistic scoring only see's us picking up 2 points away from home for the rest of the season I can see us breaking the 60 point mark.

We will never finish on more points than we did under the previous regime and if we do it will be a flash in the pan, then if we do it again next season it will be another flash in the pan and if we qualify for the champions league it won't be as good because we sold the best players and Ashley spent the money stocking up on donnay underpants and lonsdale trainers. Even if BA and Cisse sign deals for life and Colo gets a NUFC tattoo on his chest it still won't be enough because a player we have not signed yet who turns out to be good will be sold and replaced with an African playing keepy uppy in a slum in Nigeria, who incidentaly will also be sold.

On topic, enough points to finish in the top 7

Guest CabayeAye

We will never finish on more points than we did under the previous regime and if we do it will be a flash in the pan, then if we do it again next season it will be another flash in the pan and if we qualify for the champions league it won't be as good because we sold the best players and Ashley spent the money stocking up on donnay underpants and lonsdale trainers. Even if BA and Cisse sign deals for life and Colo gets a NUFC tattoo on his chest it still won't be enough because a player we have not signed yet who turns out to be good will be sold and replaced with an African playing keepy uppy in a slum in Nigeria, who incidentaly will also be sold.

On topic, enough points to finish in the top 7

i scan read your post and was preparing to write a massive tirade, when I read the whole thing and thankfully the sarcasm came through in time! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Home

Man City (0)

Liverpool (0)

Norwich (3)

Mackems (1)

Stoke (3)

Wolves (3)

Bolton (3)

Away

Arsenal (0)

Chelsea (0)

Everton (0)

Swansea (1)

WBA (1)

Wigan (3)

60 point finish

When we started this thread I said 64, I'm now saying 64-70. No one said higher than 64, I think 64 is the least we'll get now.

Home

Man City (1)

Liverpool (3)

Norwich (3)

Mackems (3)

Stoke (3)

Wolves (3)

Bolton (3)

Away

Arsenal (1)

Chelsea (0)

Everton (1)