Netflix Available in UK

Ayatollah Hermione

Been something I've been after for a while and it's now over here. It's an on-demand service with instant access to movies and TV shows, streaming through your tv, laptop, tablet, smart phone, games consoles etc. It's only £6 a month and the selection so far isn't amazing but will be growing every day. Anyone getting it?

Aye I mentioned it on a thread the other day. I've got it. Much better than lovefilm's streaming offering, I think the range of stuff is pretty good for a start.

The functionality needs sorting though. Why can't you queue things, or add things to a watch list? As far as i'm aware, the US software allows this, so why not give us basic functions like that?

I'll give it a few months for the catalogue to build up and kinks like the ones Gem mentioned to get ironed out but I do reckon I'd get it going through the 360

Aye there's a Louis CK on there, which is decent. I've been watching Californication too - that's what it's good for, things that you've never bothered to watch in the past, but which are now just there and you don't have to think about it. All the Crackers are on there too, which are mint. We've never watched Spooks either, and there's 7 series of that on there.

Actually, let's get some Netflix recommendations going in this thread:

The Louis C.K. stand up that I mentioned is good, as is Jim Jefferies Alcoholocaust (worth it just for the story at the end about him taking his mate's disabled brother to a brothel).

There's some good documentaries on there as well. Waiting for Superman and Gasland are both good. I'm gonna finally watch the King of Kong or whatever it's called (the Donkey Kong documentary).

If it recommends The Station Agent to you (as it did me), don't bother with it.

Watched almost all the Inbetweeners on Netflix in the last couple of days. Looks to have the best range of all the xbox video apps.

exactly what i've been doing also watched some peep show cinderella man just because i love that film and lee mack

:lol: Well that was mint. Obviously the film never gets made if these people weren't such freaks, but watching a dad of two with tears streaming down his face in a video arcade, and his wife sat crying in the car, you couldn't help but want to hit these people and tell them that none of this matters a fucking bit.

Aye they were a shady bunch of baldness deniers. One lad was like "I'm 30 years old. I've retired. And now I just spend my life at the Funstop playing classic video games." In reality he spent his time kissing Billy Mitchell's hoop down the phoneline and trying to sabotage anyone that looks like they might beat his Donkey Kong score. :lol:

Aye they were a shady bunch of baldness deniers. One lad was like "I'm 30 years old. I've retired. And now I just spend my life at the Funstop playing classic video games." In reality he spent his time kissing Billy Mitchell's hoop down the phoneline and trying to sabotage anyone that looks like they might beat his Donkey Kong score. :lol:

The best bit was when Billy Mitchell's gives that old wife the dodgy tape and he's like "you can die before you get there but don't lose the tape" and she's nodding along :lol: Apparently, he's a lot more devious and sinister than they made out, they were tied by phone laws (or something in place that means they couldn't broadcast the majority of the phone calls) so they tried to make it as obvious as possible what a twat he was. I do like how his best pal came round to wanting Wiebe to win though.

That Walter Day's rock tunes btw :lol:

Yes to 24, no to West Wing, and no to Criminal Minds.

Just checked there (you lazy twat), and Netflix should now be available in your Samsung TV App Store, so yeah it lives in your telly.

I would say sign up for the free month. You've nowt to lose.

The best bit was when Billy Mitchell's gives that old wife the dodgy tape and he's like "you can die before you get there but don't lose the tape" and she's nodding along :lol: Apparently, he's a lot more devious and sinister than they made out, they were tied by phone laws (or something in place that means they couldn't broadcast the majority of the phone calls) so they tried to make it as obvious as possible what a twat he was. I do like how his best pal came round to wanting Wiebe to win though.

That Walter Day's rock tunes btw :lol:

Aye he's a proper arsehole. When he's giving it his big speech about "Competitive video gaming is where it's at. It's not about sending video tapes in, it's about getting two guys in a room, head to head, and letting them fight it out. That's the true spirit of the thing." And they insta-cut to an interview with his wife and the question is "Have you ever seen Billy go head to head with someone in a live setting?", and she slowly shakes her head. :lol:

Aye the bit where his mate's sat next to him saying "Not only has Wiebe proven himself as a great Donkey Kong player, he's just a great guy and I've met his wife and blah blah, and you just can't question his integrity." They turn to Mitchell and he just barks "Idon'tknowenoughaboutthesituation"

Been something I've been after for a while and it's now over here. It's an on-demand service with instant access to movies and TV shows, streaming through your tv, laptop, tablet, smart phone, games consoles etc. It's only £6 a month and the selection so far isn't amazing but will be growing every day. Anyone getting it?

Is that £6 for unlimted streaming?

Aye. Lovefilm's ludicrous "two episodes of a series or one film per month" banded restrictions don't exist on Netflix. Tbf, Lovefilm have now dropped their streaming offering to £4.99 streaming only to undercut Netflix.