Netflix Available in UK

Ayatollah Hermione

Signed up for the free month at Netflix as as someone warned me the film selection is crap! We did end up watching Buried which was surprisingly good but other than that there is hardly anything new.

The Lovefilm one is £4.99 but that's just a trial offer, does anyone know what the actual price is once that's over?

Edited by ajax_andy

Signed up for the free month at Netflix as as someone warned me the film selection is crap! We did end up watching Buried which was surprisingly good but other than that there is hardly anything new.

The Lovefilm one is £4.99 but that's just a trial offer, does anyone know what the actual price is once that's over?

I told you last week that it wasn't about new releases tbf. :razz:

I don't Lovefilm will be shifting from 4.99 for a bit seeing as they only dropped their price to compete with Netflix. If you think the Netflix selection is bad though, prepare to have your mind blown by Lovefilm.

Aye it'll definitely hammer through your data. About 2gb per hour if you're watching in HD. As for picture quality, it's HD. Some of the older stuff, and some of the TV stuff might not be, but where HD is available, then that's what it's shown in.

I told you last week that it wasn't about new releases tbf. :razz:

I don't Lovefilm will be shifting from 4.99 for a bit seeing as they only dropped their price to compete with Netflix. If you think the Netflix selection is bad though, prepare to have your mind blown by Lovefilm.

haha indeed you did but I'd hoped there would be a good selection of classic films instead but the choice was just a random selection of films from a few years ago.

Is the Lovefilm selection good then?

Aye it'll definitely hammer through your data. About 2gb per hour if you're watching in HD. As for picture quality, it's HD. Some of the older stuff, and some of the TV stuff might not be, but where HD is available, then that's what it's shown in.

I thought Buried wasn't amazing quality tbh... I mean it was good but I thought there was a slight degradation from watching a film on DVD. maybe 85% as good as a DVD.

Yes to 24, no to West Wing, and no to Criminal Minds.

Just checked there (you lazy twat), and Netflix should now be available in your Samsung TV App Store, so yeah it lives in your telly.

I would say sign up for the free month. You've nowt to lose.

Just had a look at this and cant see it in the app store at all. I can see love film and another one called Ace Trax movies, but no Net Flix.

Also re Love film, it says for 5.99 you get two hours online viewing. Is that 2 hours a day, week, month.???

What happens if the movie is 2 hours 10 minutes??

Confused old man. :(

Just checked there (you lazy twat), and Netflix should now be available in your Samsung TV App Store, so yeah it lives in your telly.

Just had a look at this and cant see it in the app store at all. I can see love film and another one called Ace Trax movies, but no Net Flix.

Also re Love film, it says for 5.99 you get two hours online viewing. Is that 2 hours a day, week, month.???

Haha imagine if you watched the whole of sixth sense but 10 mins from the end your allocation ran out!

Lovefilm are meant to have come up with a new price for online viewing - a flat fee of £4.99 for unlimited viewing. You're right though, I can't find it on their website either. Maybe they nixed it already.

Lovefilm are meant to have come up with a new price for online viewing - a flat fee of £4.99 for unlimited viewing. You're right though, I can't find it on their website either. Maybe they nixed it already.

Signed up to the month trial on Love film and the after price is £4.99 which seems canny.

Re net flix it is only on certain Samsung products at the moment and should be rolled out to the rest during February.