Would you swap Demba Ba for Andy Carroll?

loonyTOON

Pardew hands out sheets like this after a week sweating over his gameplan.

Ball<-------kick this to Carroll

l

l

l

V

Carroll<---------Head it to Demba

l

l

l

V

Demba<------Shoot it into the goal

I-----I

Repeat.

Andy Carroll knocks his door down, "what's this gaffer? Can't make fuckin heads or tails of this you fuckin knobhead"

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bigg Market.

Sorry to go off topic, but as an avid Viz reader for years I kept hearing about this place. Is it worth a visit?

If you've got an accent like what I assume yours is I'd stay clear :lol:.

Edit: Btw KSA's last 2 posts have been golden.

Edited by Howay

the Bigg Market.

Sorry to go off topic, but as an avid Viz reader for years I kept hearing about this place. Is it worth a visit?

I've managed 35 years with the Jamaican Yardies just fine, I'm sure I could manage a few Northern piss heads.

the Bigg Market.

I've managed 35 years with the Jamaican Yardies just fine, I'm sure I could manage a few Northern piss heads.

Either way it's not a place I'd go out my way to visit, Andy Carroll's sort of place.

The Bigg Market's shite, Dave. Full of absolute bamps. Not sure if anyone on here's ever tried curry hell. The Fish might have - he's built like Rik Waller.

:finger:

The Bigg Market is fucking awful like. I've not tried curry hell, but me Matt and a few others had a curry last Friday that still scares me to death. I've had a Naga before and the ones I've had before are Madras-level heat. This one was like sucking on the cock of Mt Vesuvius.

A bit unfair to compare Defoe, who's 29, with Carroll, who's 23. When Defoe was 23 his scoring ratio was no better than Carroll's last two seasons.

No, in fact his record as a youngster was comparable to now.

His figures as a youngster are those at Bournemouth and West Ham.

Great stats.

In 05-06 Defoe, who was 23-24 at the time, scored 9 goals in 36 games. The next season he scored 10 in 34 games. And those were good seasons for him. Caroll scored 11 in 19 games last season, 17 in 39 games the season before that.

That was an exceptional season to pick as he didn't get much of a look in, in fact he nearly left us as he was getting 10-15 minutes at the end of each game as a sub. It's unfair to class those as full appearances.

As an overall total from 99-04 aged 17-22 he got 56 goals in 93 appearances for the Spammers.

When 18 years old, he had a season at Bournemouth and got 28 goals in 29 games.

Defoe is inconsistency personified.

I don't agree, if there's one consistent thing about Defoe it's him scoring.

The argument that he won't score for 3 or 4 games then get a hat-trick is something that can be leveled at any striker there ever was.

Did Lineker actually score 'every other game'? - No, he scored 2 and 3 in a game every now and then, and the odd goal here and there.

Sorry mate, Wikipedia isn't always right. Defoe scored 29 league goals in 93 games for West Ham. Not "great" by any means.

And yes, he's inconsistent. For example, in 09-10 he scored 18 goals in 34 games. The season after he scored 4 goals in 22 games.

Guest CabayeAye

no i wouldnt swap him but if carroll came back as a freebie and have carroll and ba up front id accept that but not selling one for another no

Call me unconventional, but I can't see us getting Carroll back on a free, like.

no i wouldnt swap him but if carroll came back as a freebie and have carroll and ba up front id accept that but not selling one for another no

Call me unconventional, but I can't see us getting Carroll back on a free, like.

No faith!

I'd have Carroll back to play alongside Ba anytime.

What would you pay?

Probably more than Mike Ashley ie 3 or 4 million quid or thereabouts. See what they want. In the real world, they know they paid us

a lot.

At the end of the day, a good player is precisely that, and would without a doubt improve the team immediately, to the effect that he would be playing together with Ba and we would have one of the best strike forces in the premiership. This is all that counts.

What would you pay?

Probably 3 or 4 million quid or thereabouts. See what they want. In the real world, they know they paid us

a lot.

At the end of the day, a good player is precisely that, and would without a doubt improve the team immediately, to the effect that he would be playing together with Ba and we would have one of the best strike forces in the premiership. This is all that counts.

:lol:

Just how clueless are you? You think we could get a 'good player', a striker no less, for '£3 or £4 million'. You are truly are shot Leazes. Wise up.

Lesson learnt for you though. You should go back to fundamentally refusing to answer questions. Its going to make conversation difficult for you but I'm sure thats nothing those around you aren't already used to.

Edited by toonotl

Id like to see Ba and Carroll together like. That said we built our game around Carroll when he was here and I think when Ba is playing we have more to our game. When Ba is out we seem to like HOOFING the ball up to Shola. If we had Carroll and Ba you would think we could mix our play. I'd take Carroll back but I dont think Liverpool would want to look complete twats by selling him to us. If we paid £10M back for him I'd think it a damn good deal on our part though.

As to the OP, would I swap him? No.

What would you pay?

Probably 3 or 4 million quid or thereabouts. See what they want. In the real world, they know they paid us

a lot.

:lol:

Just how clueless are you? You think we could get a 'good player', a striker no less, for '£3 or £4 million'. You are truly are shot Leazes. Wise up.

Lesson learnt for you though. You should go back to fundamentally refusing to answer questions. Its going to make conversation difficult for you but I'm sure thats nothing those around you aren't already used to.

ah, I told you to read the post properly. You didn't even quote it properly :icon_lol:

There are no lessons for me to learn chum, I've seen a selling club before and I know precisely how it operates. Have you ?

the Bigg Market.

Also, did any of you go to that Indian restaurant Abdul Latifs (?) that was always mentioned in it's holy pages?

Spent half my childhood there, Latif was a good family friend. Got bought my first pint there off Gazza. When I was 9. :D Anyway it's a canny enough restaurant if you ignore the Curry Hell (and trust me - ignore it) but you'll want to get out of the Bigg Market sharpish when you're done.

the new lad offers a hell of a lot that carroll doesn't. mobility, technique and confidence. we sold a 8m player for 35 mil. thats fucking good business.

good business for Mike Ashley. Where is the other 27m quid ?

the new lad offers a hell of a lot that carroll doesn't. mobility, technique and confidence. we sold a 8m player for 35 mil. thats fucking good business.

barely covered the losses on wages to Owen, Martins, Viduka and duff the year they got us relegated. ;)

barely covered the losses on wages to Owen, Martins, Viduka and duff the year they got us relegated. ;)

and 3 of those players moved on to clubs that played in europe too............while we were relegated. "Good business", obviously.