Arctic Monkeys

Jusoda Kid

The Arctic Monkeys  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're absolutely brilliant, most exciting band I've heard for a long time.

73338[/snapback]

What's so 'exciting' about them like?

I like them but they're just your standard 4-piece rock band playing pop aren't they? some clever Lyrics. It seems to me people are believing the hype.

I'd say to be exciting you need to do something new, like Lightning Bolt or Antony and the Johnsons.

I think they're absolutely brilliant, most exciting band I've heard for a long time.

73338[/snapback]

I like them but they're just your standard 4-piece rock band playing pop aren't they? some clever Lyrics. It seems to me people are believing the hype.

I'd say to be exciting you need to do something new, like Lightning Bolt or Antony and the Johnsons.

73356[/snapback]

Well all about opinions obviously. But, they're fresh, they've got brilliant lyrics and tunes, and there's a real (justified) buzz about them. They are starting to get the hype by the bandwagon merchants I agree, but I've known about them for a while now and they've always been this good.

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

I fail to see any excitment in Antony and the Johnsons personally.

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

Probably because they aren't in The Sun's Bizarre column often enough. Their record company should really pay off a few more journalists. ;)

As I said I really like The Arctic Monkeys, but The Rakes are just as good and their album wasn't pushed half as much. The hypefest that's gone on around them for over a year since I bet that you look good on the dancefloor has irked me. That's all.

My mate introduced me to them a couple of months back and since then I've managed to get quite a bit of their stuff, fucking magic.

Most original band I've heard in a long time, lyrics wise.

71957[/snapback]

was that mate me by any chance? remember you downloaded me a song when i brought you up that "special stuff"

you right they are fuckin quality, sent wor lass owa the toon to get me the album for xmas but apparently its not out til later this month... its the most eagerly awaited listen since kasabian!!

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

Probably because they aren't in The Sun's Bizarre column often enough. Their record company should really pay off a few more journalists. ;)

As I said I really like The Arctic Monkeys, but The Rakes are just as good and their album wasn't pushed half as much. The hypefest that's gone on around them for over a year since I bet that you look good on the dancefloor has irked me. That's all.

73373[/snapback]

Well I don't read the Sun but having seen them on Jonathan Ross's show I've no need to ever see them again.

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

73373[/snapback]

Well I don't read the Sun but having seen them on Jonathan Ross's show I've no need to ever see them again.

73388[/snapback]

still into marc almond & jimmy somerville like smooth?

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

73373[/snapback]

Pretty sure it hasnt been out for that long.

But really arguing about music is a pointless exercise. For gods sake some people still think Oasis are a good band.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

73373[/snapback]

Pretty sure it hasnt been out for that long.

73390[/snapback]

Itunes may not have had it that long, but I'm pretty sure it's been 'available' that long. If not, very close.

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

73373[/snapback]

73388[/snapback]

73389[/snapback]

I'm more of a Right Said Fred fan myself, I like it a bit rougher you see!

73338[/snapback]

73356[/snapback]

73365[/snapback]

73373[/snapback]

73388[/snapback]

73389[/snapback]

I'm more of a Right Said Fred fan myself, I like it a bit rougher you see!

73393[/snapback]

bet you wouldnt mind getting a bit deeply dippy off the pair of them you filthy bastard

I like to be the one whose dropping the anchor if you get my drift!?  ;)

73405[/snapback]

aye wacky told me your fond of a "bell wrap" & the odd "cacky push-back"

73409[/snapback]

Aye I bet Wacky tells you a lot of things, like he's 6 foot +, has a big knob and that they are not technically man boobs!

• 3 weeks later...

From nme.com

Arctic Monkeys have celebrated their second UK Number One single in style with a hometown gig in Sheffield.

The low-key gig at the Sheffield Leadmill (January 22) was the same evening the band found out their latest single 'When The Sun Goes Down' had gone straight to the top of the charts - their second successive Number One single.

At the show, which also serves as a warm-up for their appearance on this week's ShockWaves NME Awards Tour, the band opened with both singles in succession.

From the stage singer Alex Turner looked amazed as the crowd sang back every word to the first verse of 'When The Sun Goes Down' - something which then happened with every song.

"I don't know if you know but we've got a CD coming out tomorrow," he smiled, before adding, "you've all fucking got it anyway!" in reference to the fact that the album leaked online earlier this month.

As well as showcasing tracks from debut album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not', the band also found time to debut one brand new song titled 'Leave Before The Lights Come On'.

In the run-up to the show tickets for the gig were changing hands for hundreds of pounds, and many fans were left stranded outside, unable to get into the 800 capacity venue.

At one point in the performance Turner asked for the doors to be opened so the people outside could hear the music.

The gig, which was watched by the band's family and friends, ended with 'A Certain Romance', with Turner stage diving into the crowd.

After the gig record stores in the city opened their doors at midnight to start selling copies of the album as soon as possible.

I just got the album myself, and not suprisingly I think it's class! :(:o

Had the album for a while like, it arrived in the post on saturday, quality album i can't deny it but the hype is ridiculous

I've heard people say it's gonna break Definately Maybe's 1st week sales and is a much better album...... :(

Had the album for a while like, it arrived in the post on saturday

83314[/snapback]

:(

83320[/snapback]

sorry i obtained it via other sources a while ago..... and i pre-ordered it off play and it came on saturday :o

Had the album for a while like, it arrived in the post on saturday

83314[/snapback]

:(

83320[/snapback]

sorry i obtained it via other sources a while ago..... and i pre-ordered it off play and it came on saturday :o

83321[/snapback]

Aaah, makes sense now :razz:

I've had it for about a week now (even though it only came out today :(). First impression's were that it was crap. After giving it a few more listens though i'm enjoying it more... From The Ritz To The Rubble been my fave on the album. I think the Hard-Fi album is better though.