Arctic Monkeys

Jusoda Kid

The Arctic Monkeys  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Arctic Monkeys = Poorman's White Stripes FACT tbh.

84408[/snapback]

How come I hate the White Stripes and like the Arctic Monkeys?

85183[/snapback]

Not sure, try these:

product-5627921.jpg

:lol:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NME has it in their top ten British albums of all time:o

A lesson in how to lose all credibility in one moment of maddness!

85181[/snapback]

I'm sure the NME used to be good. These days it seems to be staffed by GCSE students. OMG BEST BRITISH ALBUM EVA!!111!1111

85186[/snapback]

Quite, it's fucking awful now isn't it? Or are we getting old? :lol:

85409[/snapback]

:razz:

Bliddy thirty-somethings.. ;)

85503[/snapback]

Shut it! :unsure:

85181[/snapback]

I'm sure the NME used to be good. These days it seems to be staffed by GCSE students. OMG BEST BRITISH ALBUM EVA!!111!1111

85186[/snapback]

Quite, it's fucking awful now isn't it? Or are we getting old? :lol:

85409[/snapback]

Never been any good.

definitely getting old.

No offence Tom but Arctic Monkeys have their own style?? Thats one thing they dont have. Most British music nowadays is just a regurgation of new wave and punk rock, which were better the first time round and the second. Ive lost count of the number of new bands that sound like Joy Division, not that thats a bad thing but if I want to listen to Joy Division I'll listen to Joy Division. None of them are anywhere near as good as the Pixies anyway hmmphh now thats a fact!

85502[/snapback]

Theres definitely something in that. Most of the groups around now that the musical press, the normal press or just fans in general rave about are either similar to something from before or similar to each other.

So they can praise them for beign good if they want, thats a matter of opinion, but they shouldn't be heralding these groups as new and revolutionary or especially creative and inventive.

I think lyrically they seem to say a lot that teenagers nowadays can connect with. Not being a teenager, it's doesn't seem very relevant to me, but I see where they're coming from. They do seem to have lyrical talent, I'll give them that. Musically however, they're alright but nowt special. It's a shame really that NME have jumped on this bandwagon, musical snobs will have a go at their credibility.

Good band, have conneced suberbly with a certain generation (always a winner) but nothing special. All imo of course.

I think lyrically they seem to say a lot that teenagers nowadays can connect with. Not being a teenager, it's doesn't seem very relevant to me, but I see where they're coming from. They do seem to have lyrical talent, I'll give them that. Musically however, they're alright but nowt special. It's a shame really that NME have jumped on this bandwagon, musical snobs will have a go at their credibility.

Good band, have conneced suberbly with a certain generation (always a winner) but nothing special. All imo of course.

86060[/snapback]

But for a first album, the potential is massive. The Smiths of the new Millenium. :steamtrain::P

86060[/snapback]

But for a first album, the potential is massive. The Smiths of the new Millenium. :steamtrain::P

86390[/snapback]

And why not. The only problem they'll have now is backlash, which I expect will be pretty bad in the coming year.

"But for a first album, the potential is massive. The Smiths of the new Millenium"

thats what they say about every new sucessful band - like that ghastly bunch of glam rockers last year.................. whoever they were - I forget

Lets see where they are in a couple of years before going over the top

85181[/snapback]

85186[/snapback]

Never been the same since it changed from an 'inky' to a 'glossy'. Melody Maker has gone tits up as well hasn't it? I used to like Select magazine in the mid '90s and Record Mirror before that. I also used to read my younger brothers Smash Hits :naughty:

Their best track in my opinion isn't on the album "Bigger Boys And Stolen Sweethearts" is super, got some brilliant lyrics.

"He might be one of those boys

That's all pretty and vain

Likes to go in the sunbed

And stays out of the rain

So that he don't get his hair wet

You wouldn't want that

At least he hasn't got a Nova

Or a Burberry hat

They've got engaged

No intention of a wedding

He's pinched your bird

And he'd probably kick your head in "

Sounds like the Streets  :naughty:

86919[/snapback]

Thats harsh, comparing them to something that shite!

But as Lucky Pierre said, the Streets lyrics are apparently the work of somebody akin to a shakespeare and Wilde reborn into one mind instead of actually being the mindless drivel any 13 year old charva could produce.

Your usual thoughtful , balanced critique I see Papa

87306[/snapback]

I think you meant to say my usual accurate and correct observation about how his lyrics are piss poor and could be written by any moron. I could also start on the fact he is perhaps the worst rapper in music and is a complete prick for using a mockney accent to make himself sound hard if you want :naughty:

I've began to soften to them recently. More listenable than some of the dross out at the moment but they're not utterly amazing. Didn't the NME vote their debut the 4th best album ever? Fucking ridiculous.

Edited by David Icke - Son of God

87306[/snapback]

I think you meant to say my usual accurate and correct observation about how his lyrics are piss poor and could be written by any moron. I could also start on the fact he is perhaps the worst rapper in music and is a complete prick for using a mockney accent to make himself sound hard if you want :naughty:

87308[/snapback]

then why oh why didn't you or I write them lyrics and become rich ...........

87306[/snapback]

87308[/snapback]

then why oh why didn't you or I write them lyrics and become rich ...........

87311[/snapback]

The one thing i will say in his favour is he makes money out of this shite, you can't knock him there!

The reasons i didn't do it. Firstly i couldn't in all seriousness get up and perform such utter bollocks that i can't stand lyrically and musically, and secondly i'd be almost as bad as him at rapping, i have no doubt!

It's strange how singers putting on fake American accents don't get shit for it.

I like the Streets personally. Infinitely better than James Blunt's cringeworthy lyrics. Half the people on here are Bluntamiacs.