Percy Street RIP

Howmanheyman

Don't know if any of you will recall Percy Street as he seldom posted here, but I knew him from a different forum for a good few years and met the bloke a few times after games by chance. Percy went by the name Barry in real life and wrote for 'The Mag' under his real name before changing to 'Percy Street' after I sussed who he was one time purely by the style of his (great) writing style and patter.

The bloke was an old Leazes ender as a young'un and had a great sense of humour and didn't take life so serious which is a good idea when you've supported the Toon as long as he did. He was only 50.

http://www.themag.co...s/percy-street/

RIP, Percy/Barry

What did he die of, if you dont mind me asking?

He had a suspected heart attack. This is from afterhoursfc.com. Anyone who used to post on the old bbc 606 messageboard may know the lady who posted this,Patricia. She'd known Barry personally for 23 years:

"Barry had been off work on Monday and Tuesday because he felt old and he even went to the doctor. However, he was back in the office on Wednesday and the blood test the doctor took came back as fine. He collapsed just as he was leaving for work on Thursday. So tragic and out of the blue."

He worked for the City Council and theyve been overwhelemed with messages of condolonce to be passed on to the family. Very popular bloke by all accounts. Dry as dust sense of humour, but I wouldnt have taken his advice on the fixed odds coupon if I'm being honest :D

Proper Mag too. Rip Percy.