Fulham vs Newcastle

Toon_Man

Couldn't help myself. They think they're likely to get into Europe now.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=665608

told you all the mags form was a blip

told you all that they would start going to shit and we would rocket up the league - now look whats happening surprise surprise

that europa league spot is in our sights now and will be ours within weeks by which point we will be ahead of the mags as well.

stop being pessimistic now and get behind the lads FTM

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celestine Babayaro

It's all been downhill since Cely Babs left tbh. Miss his ineffective going to ground while their forwards skip past with glee.

Him and Stevie Carr give us two solid flanks as well as attacking threat.

27ysyq.jpg

Couldn't help myself. They think they're likely to get into Europe now.

http://www.readytogo...ad.php?t=665608

That lad's a right mug noticed him before, a few of them are being realistic so hats off to those few I guess. Where's this Ba is VERY injury prone crack come from? I thought his problem was a degenerative knee thing where it's not so much a niggling injury and more so he'll probably not have the longest career/if he's in a bad challenge his career might be over sort of thing.

Just have to chalk this one up to a bad day at the office. We've lost some key players and the tactics employed just didn't work. 5-2 is ridiculous but we're not the only team to be spanked this season; there are crazy results all over the place. Still in a great position to press on once the African lads come back.

Goal and an assist for Ben Arfa should still keep Obertan out of the side so there's one positive to cling to.

I think that's killed off our Champions League ambitions, mind...

not sure if you're serious mind

but really nothings changed, Arsenal will do well to get owt from man u tomorrow

so far nothing much has changed around us this weekend

Demba-Demba on for the current "striking partnership", and we would have finished it the first half. I really like the system with Jonas running all over the place in front of Guthrie and Cabaye. The high line was a mistake though, besides us playing like shit and losing all the 50/50s in the 2nd half. As i had taped it im ashamed to say I started fast-forwarding after 3-1. That fucking Duffs face when they score makes me rage. Nice goal from Ben Arfa though, nice to see him deliver again. Still optimistic for the season, we should pick up ALOT of points when our africans are back. Need to pay off some african referees I think, Mason might fancy a side-job.

The CD pairing needed protection as soon as it looked like Johnson was going to push up and get behind them. We needed to drop off and put another MF on and take Shola off. Strange cause Pards had everything right first half but didn't react when Jol changed it. As soon as Pards folds his arms you know we're in all sorts of trouble.

The other thing was the players seemed to think we had it won when they came out for the 2nd half and started very slowly from what I could see. Santon was too relaxed more than once.

NO TIOTE NO SCREEN.

One to write off. Difficult to pin point one thing and say thats what was wrong. If anything as others have said Id say we didnt react to change our system in the second half. Put it behind us and move on to the next game. Thankfully Stoke and Liverpool also dropped points.

Just watched the goals, horrible horrible defending. Huge gaps all over the shop and chasing shadows. Both penalties were dubious though, first one was outside the box and the second one Johnson just fucking ran straight into Krul after booting the ball towards the corner flag.

Staggering! One of the worst twenty minutes of football especially defending I've ever seen. And that after a first half of completely dominating the game.

Parkys right though, Pardews tactics were spot on first half but he didn't react to the Johnson substitution at all.

I fancied us for a poor game and result before the game but it's really dissapointing after such a good first 45.

that cunt lawro is going to be unbearable on motd

Liverpool lost so it'll be all "clever" one liners about everything that just make him sound a bitter twat

You don't have to be a tactical genius to see that the high line was suicide. We did it vs Chelsea as well, and even if Luiz had been sent off they could still have beaten us, because playing the high line against Sturridge was an absolute gift for them, and it could have been a similar score that day too. Shit decision for the 1st pen, but then it's only 1-1. Pardew got it wrong today.

One of the strangest games of football I've seen in my life. If anyone had told me we'd let 5 in at half time I'd have said they needed fuckin sectioning. Johnson did well, but fuck me he's not that good. Ref was shocking as well but it really was a freak result. Best to forget it and move in, cup next week.

Yeah, best just to put it down in the freak games folder and erase it from our memories. The first forty five minutes I thought we were genuinely fantastic. I'm still excited about the potential of this team when our three Africans get back. I think we really do need centre back cover as a priority though, 'cos if Colo or Williamson get injured we are royally f*cked.

Now that I've slept on it. There are some positives. The first half we looked good, great at times. Jonas looks good behind a lone striker. His workrate really helps the midfield to win possession. Ben Arfa played well, worked hard and the goal was brilliance, seems he'll score alot of goals for us. Guthrie was great in the first half and his goal was a pearler as well. Best worked hard, he's not a winger but I'm impressed that he's prepared to work so hard for the team without the ball.

Second half I'd rather not talk about.

Fucking annoying game to watch. Haven't seen us roll over like that for a while. Proverbial game of two halves like. Never saw it coming at half time. It was panic on the streets of London after their first went in.