Holidays 2012

Jan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Mexico eleven years ago BC*, on our first anniversary to a place called Moon Palace, The Wife's always wanted to go back but it's canny expensive. Anyway, booked up today to go back in August. She's over the moon and the bairns are too.

I'm currently looking down the back of the settee for spare change.

*BC = before children

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked a week in Corfu in June myself. Stopping here on an all-inclusive job: http://www.grecotel..../welcome_94.htm

Never been to Corfu before, so it better be decent.

I've been a couple of times and it's canny. Corfu Town is worth a visit for just being pretty and old-fashioned. If you do nothing more than have a beer outside of a taverna it's pleasant enough.

walking hadrian's wall in June.

that is the closest thing to a holiday my budget will allow.

Was up there last year for the British National Road Race, gorgeous countryside mate.

You doing the full 84 mile? Done that a couple of year ago. Fantastic if you get the weather. Some good pubs on the way ;) - Barassford arms in Barassford (sp?) was where had a right old session with the owners and he knocked us up steak and chips. Proper pub :D

Take lots of compede ;)

You doing the full 84 mile? Done that a couple of year ago. Fantastic if you get the weather. Some good pubs on the way ;) - Barassford arms in Barassford (sp?) was where had a right old session with the owners and he knocked us up steak and chips. Proper pub :D

Take lots of compede ;)

Aye full trek. Looking forward to it. Will probably put up a thread on here in about a months time to ask for boozing suggestions like so please (and wykiktoon too) look out for it! Im going to get some new boots this week so hopefully i can get some that will require the least amount of compede after :)

Edited by ADP

• 3 months later...

Just booked 4 nights in Krakow in December. Anyone been? Fancied seeing a Wislaw Krakow game but looks like they aren't playing midweek whilst I'm there.

Been twice this year, went in January and it was -6 so expect it to be cold, go to Auschwitz but don't go the salt mine, waste of time it was

if you need to know anything gis a shout

Slowly getting there with Octobers trip to the US.

Sorted 3 nights in LA, drive up the coast to Pismo (where Donny loved to surf) for 1 night, Carmel for 1 night then 5 nights in San Francisco. 11 more days to sort. Thinking 5 in Yosemite and 5 in Las Vegas via Death Valley. Also considering making room for a drive out to the Grand Canyon and Monument valley. Would that be squeezing in too much?

You could do a day less in Vegas imo. I've always had enough of the place after a few days. Maybe use that for the Grand Canyon.

Also you're missing out on Santa Barbara on the way to SF. WTF is Pismo btw? I'd be careful about trying to fit too much more in.

Got a week in Scotchland in September (Trossachs). Booked up for a week in Crete next June as I'm fucking sick of this 'summer'.

Just booked 4 nights in Krakow in December. Anyone been? Fancied seeing a Wislaw Krakow game but looks like they aren't playing midweek whilst I'm there.

In laws have been a few times and they love it. The Xmas markets and the general atmosphere at that time of year is meant to be really nice.