Darlington

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Massive shame. Used play footy on a Sunday in the indoor pitch at Feethams back in the day the go to the match afterwards. Really feel for the fans.

Pud made a good point on Twitter yesterday. I agree for the club this is a great shame and for the true supporters. But what happened to the 20k they took to Wembley? Where are they now?

Feel sorry for their fans and wouldn't wish it on any club. However, if there is any club that deserves it, it's Darlington. Overspending time and time again gets you there, doesn't help that their fan base isn't very loyal.

When they played at Feethams and they had the likes of Steve Borthwick, Andy Toman and Gabbiadini playing for them 7 and 8000 wasn't an unusual occurance. The stadium fucked them.

Their average attendance this season is lower than Kidderminsters. Always been arrogant fans too when they came down to Blundell whenever I had a season ticket laughing at their position because they overspent. When you don't learn from your problems 3 times you deserve all you get. AFC Darlington will be formed and they'll do fine. But they've had mares post Reynolds too, won't stop them blaming it all on that wanker.

Ridiculous really. They've never at any time shown anything like the potential to fill it.

Apparently Newcastle Falcons could've saved them. The administrator alleged that the Falcons asked them about the possibility of relocating to Darlo, bit harsh on toon rugby fans like. There was 4000 Darlo fans could be arsed to go to a friendly against us on a Friday night, if they turned up every week they wouldn't be in this mess.

Ridiculous really. They've never at any time shown anything like the potential to fill it.

Apparently Newcastle Falcons could've saved them. The administrator alleged that the Falcons asked them about the possibility of relocating to Darlo, bit harsh on toon rugby fans like. There was 4000 Darlo fans could be arsed to go to a friendly against us on a Friday night, if they turned up every week they wouldn't be in this mess.

The Falcons' owner seems set on wrecking the club so I wouldn't be surprised at that.

Feel sorry for their fans and wouldn't wish it on any club. However, if there is any club that deserves it, it's Darlington. Overspending time and time again gets you there, doesn't help that their fan base isn't very loyal.

I think blaming their fans for not being loyal is a bit harsh. The average football fan is not very loyal. The average Newcastle supporter would be, 'not very loyal'. Its just that Newcastle also has alot of very very loyal fans that kind of make up for the not so loyal ones.

I would blame the club's owners for sure. Its their business after all. Didn't they have a 25k stadium. That's just stupid. That's not the fans fault in terms of loyalty. The fans deserve to be consoled only and not criticised at all, they have lost their club and that can't be nice.

Your right though, they will be back and hopefully they can do well like a few of the other fan owned clubs around. Its nice to see that sort of thing in football especially these days with all the money and bullshit that gets thrown around on a daily basis.

Edited by toonotl

I think blaming their fans for not being loyal is a bit harsh. The average football fan is not very loyal. The average Newcastle supporter would be, 'not very loyal'. Its just that Newcastle also has alot of very very loyal fans that kind of make up for the not so loyal ones.

I would blame the club's owners for sure. Its their business after all. Didn't they have a 25k stadium. That's just stupid. That's not the fans fault in terms of loyalty. The fans deserve to be consoled only and not criticised at all, they have lost their club and that can't be nice.

Your right though, they will be back and hopefully they can do well like a few of the other fan owned clubs around. Its nice to see that sort of thing in football especially these days with all the money and bullshit that gets thrown around on a daily basis.

Not at all, their fans just aren't great, even for non league level, and they had potential, sometimes got half decent attendances. Point being they'd been in administration twice and started overspending again, was their complaints, protests maybe? Narh they just got cocky and thought they were off to the Premier League again.

Not at all, their fans just aren't great, even for non league level, and they had potential, sometimes got half decent attendances. Point being they'd been in administration twice and started overspending again, was their complaints, protests maybe? Narh they just got cocky and thought they were off to the Premier League again.

Isn't that the aim though? Sincerely, shouldn't every fan hope their club can one day get into the PL? I've never meet a Darlo fan so I can't comment on their arrogance, but surely it would be more tongue in cheek than anything else.

I'm sure they will get their chance to run their own club now so that will be interesting either way.

People from Darlo who support the toon and Leeds should hang their heads in shame imo.

Fuck off :lol: I was born in Darlington and I grew up watching the premier league on TV. To expect me to go watch almost Sunday League standard football (that I have no interest in even if I try to) when I can jump on a train to go to what I see as the capital of the region, and watch world class players every other week is beyond a joke. You love your attendance stats from what I've seen of you on here... genuine question, how many do you think would get through the gates at St James' if everybody stuck to local clubs to avoid this taboo that you've created?

Come on then, why am I full of shit? Why is my reasonably balanced view of a club you're not bothered about full of shit. They've been in administration 3 times in 10 years so deserve what they get. Yes I feel sorry for the fans as i've said but you reap what you sow.

Edited by CleeToonFan

...and I grew up watching the premier league on TV.

And that is why the lower leagues are in the shit these days.

Gutted about Darlo as, unlike BestBaNone, I actually give a shit about my local teams.

Because their problems started solely because of george reynolds being a daft cunt and worsened when the council didn't buy into his 'vision' for the surrounding area. Pointing the finger at the club and it's fans is beyond harsh. Of course their attendences dropped, they were a league 2 club forced to charge a fortune for tickets because of their situation, leaving them in a catch 22 situation. It's costing me less to watch the toon this year than what it cost to see darlo 2 seasons ago, to put it into context. Reynolds fault is the bottom line, to suggest a club and it's supporters 'deserve' that to happen makes you a wanker, end of.

Because their problems started solely because of george reynolds being a daft cunt and worsened when the council didn't buy into his 'vision' for the surrounding area. Pointing the finger at the club and it's fans is beyond harsh. Of course their attendences dropped, they were a league 2 club forced to charge a fortune for tickets because of their situation, leaving them in a catch 22 situation. It's costing me less to watch the toon this year than what it cost to see darlo 2 seasons ago, to put it into context. Reynolds fault is the bottom line, to suggest a club and it's supporters 'deserve' that to happen makes you a wanker, end of.

Never said I never gave a shit though did I, bizza, just fail to get excited enough about a poor standard of football to give up my Saturday afternoons supporting them when I can go up the road and see internationals playing. Are you ashamed to support Newcastle?