Darlington

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club "deserve" it the same way anyone who overspends for years and doesn't learn their lesson does. The supporters clearly don't, but it never stopped them being an arrogant sort. I don't like many clubs fans, I don't like Aston Villa fans, Celtic fans or Liverpool fans but I never wish liquidation on any of them. But the club definitely deserve it for (pre AND post Reynolds) spending so much more than they should have done. Sad day for English football still, hope any AFC Darlington comes straight back up into the Conferenceish where they belong.

Absolutely mental day, can't even begin to describe it. From being dead and buried at noon to an 11th hour reprieve 3 hours later. Blyme.

BTW, Newcastle are away this weekend, get yourselves to The Arena and help save Darlington FC!

Absolutely mental day, can't even begin to describe it. From being dead and buried at noon to an 11th hour reprieve 3 hours later. Blyme.

BTW, Newcastle are away this weekend, get yourselves to The Arena and help save Darlington FC!

:good: Best of luck to you, despite my earlier complaints against the club it's never good to see a club die. Hope a lot turn up and help save em. I care a lot about my home town club and can't imagine what it'd be like and I wish the best for those real supporters who just want to see their club existing.

I admit that i'm no financial advisor but I do know for example that their budgets have been over the top for years. Like I said my hometown club is also in the Bluesquare and get bigger gates but still dont spend as much as Darlo on wages (pre redundancy). This despite Grimsby also losing a lot of money. They did similar in 09 ( i think) when they spent loads on wages and nearly got promoted to league 1. This being the season before the relegation and now the current situation. They obviously had the mare but the past 7 years have all been shit owners too. When I say the club deserve it I dont mean "haha darlo" but rather... what do you expect doing what they did. Lets just hope someones found in these 3 games who can sort the mess out once and for all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Nandos is canny fast food. The problem is, it's not particularly fast and it's expensive for what it is. But if you're not short of cash, have time to spare and fancy fast food type fare rather going to a proper restaurant, it's better than the likes of KFC.

Nandos is canny fast food. The problem is, it's not particularly fast and it's expensive for what it is. But if you're not short of cash, have time to spare and fancy fast food type fare rather going to a proper restaurant, it's better than the likes of KFC.

:lol:

I get what you mean, I just found that contradictory. If you're happy spending that much, why not have a proper meal and if you're in a rush, why spend that much?

I'd rather get a pizza tbh, much more variety in any pizza place as well.

:lol:

I get what you mean, I just found that contradictory. If you're happy spending that much, why not have a proper meal and if you're in a rush, why spend that much?

I'd rather get a pizza tbh, much more variety in any pizza place as well.

My post was with my tongue firmly in my cheek (although it's largely true). We used to get a take out occasionally where I used to work but it's never really been somewhere I've been too much. I live near the Silverlink and I've been to the one there once since they opened it.

I agree I'd much rather go for a proper meal than there.