Cars

Kid Dynamite

I'll be looking for a new lease car through work soon. I currently pay around £220pm for my own so ideally would like to pay a little less than that if possible.

The way they work out the fees seem to be:

The lower the car cost + the lower the co2 emissions + the higher the resae value = Lowest monthly cost

So I could get a Corsa/Fiesta or other shite car for about £80pm. But obviously I'd rather have something a bit smarter. Any suggestions?

I know Mini's are hairdressers cars but they have ridiculously low emissions so seem to be some of the cheapest options

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our lass got a brand new note through work for £69 a month (includes servicing, road tax and Insurance).

Not an eye catcher but the nicest and comfiest of her cars Ive ever driven. Shes had a Yaris, C3 and Zafira and Ive hated them all but I love this note.

58 mpg as well.

I know its probably not what you are after but thought Id mention it anyway. :)

As to whats right for you, really depends what you use it for. If its simply commuting to the funny farm then I would get the cheapest and most economical going and spend the saved cash on something more fun.

Our lass got a brand new note through work for £69 a month (includes servicing, road tax and Insurance).

Not an eye catcher but the nicest and comfiest of her cars Ive ever driven. Shes had a Yaris, C3 and Zafira and Ive hated them all but I love this note.

58 mpg as well.

I know its probably not what you are after but thought Id mention it anyway. :)

As to whats right for you, really depends what you use it for. If its simply commuting to the funny farm then I would get the cheapest and most economical going and spend the saved cash on something more fun.

Even his patients aren't going to get in a Note ffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Polo GTI isn't a bad choice.

Mini C(o)unt®yman is a definite point and laugh car.

Depends what you have at your disposal but the Golf GT 2.0TDI is a fantastic bit of kit which VW flog with a Bluemotion Technology lump in it - means the tax is next to nothing, the economy is ridiculous (about 700-800 miles to a tank) and it still packs a punch.

Polo GTI isn't a bad choice.

Mini C(o)unt®yman is a definite point and laugh car.

Depends what you have at your disposal but the Golf GT 2.0TDI is a fantastic bit of kit which VW flog with a Bluemotion Technology lump in it - means the tax is next to nothing, the economy is ridiculous (about 700-800 miles to a tank) and it still packs a punch.

I already had a quote in for the golf, £210 a month. The polo GTI is £195 a month. Probably between those two now.

Having driven both (they gave me a Polo GT as a courtesy car when mine was in for service) I'd definitely go with the Golf. Just feels more solid and worth the extra dough.

All subjective though - give them both a test drive and see which one suits you more. Am I imagining it or have you a kid on the way? If so I'd definitely consider the Golf more...

If it was a Golf GTD I would but they want £260pm for it. The next one down looks a bit bland imo

VO60WPR1.JPG

That's the SE (now badged as the Match). That one isn't one step down, it's a step down from that.

GT is lowered 15mm, has 17" alloys as opposed to the 16" in that pic and integrated fog lights. Interior is a damned sight better too.

Do you do less than 15000 miles a year?

If you do, I'd look at the 1.4 TSI petrol Golfs/Leons. More bhp and less CO2 than the non-turbo engines they replaced, chain cam, and none of the potentially expensive problems with Dual-mass flywheels and particulate filters associated with modern diesel engines.

Do you do less than 15000 miles a year?

If you do, I'd look at the 1.4 TSI petrol Golfs/Leons. More bhp and less CO2 than the non-turbo engines they replaced, chain cam, and none of the potentially expensive problems with Dual-mass flywheels and particulate filters associated with modern diesel engines.

The 1.4tsi twin charged is the same engine as in the Polo GTI (at least over here). De-tuned in the 118tsi (twin charged), but with a chip will put it around the factory output of the Golf GTI. Doesn't look as nice, but is a lovely smooth drive when paised with the DSG. Nice interior also. You could have the same car as my Mrs ;)

I won't say what I drive so that I don't incriminate myself.