Cars

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The polo is the 1.4 engine but it has a turbocharger AND supercharger to put out 180bhp. Think I'm going for that. Looks smart, cheapish lease price and goes like shit off a stick. The golf TDI is OK but it takes nearly 12s to do 0—60

The polo is the 1.4 engine but it has a turbocharger AND supercharger to put out 180bhp. Think I'm going for that. Looks smart, cheapish lease price and goes like shit off a stick. The golf TDI is OK but it takes nearly 12s to do 0—60

The Golf has the same 1.4 TSI engine as the Polo you know? 160bhp and 0-60 in 8 seconds.

Not sure where you're getting your 0-60 times on the TDI engine either. It's booked at 9.3 seconds. Even the 1.6TDI is booked at 11.3 seconds and that's only pushing out 105bhp.

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a rethink as I'll probably have kids by the time this lease will be up. Been looking at 5 door cars. The main 2 I like are . . .

BMW 1series Diesel Msport

qw.png

Mini Countryman

2010-Mini-Countryman-White-Front-Angle-3-1280x960.jpg

Both are a similar price, Co2 and MPG. I prefer the look of the BMW but it's shite in the snow whereas the Mini is 4WD. Thoughts?

Had a bit of a rethink as I'll probably have kids by the time this lease will be up. Been looking at 5 door cars. The main 2 I like are . . .

BMW 1series Diesel Msport

qw.png

Mini Countryman

2010-Mini-Countryman-White-Front-Angle-3-1280x960.jpg

Both are a similar price, Co2 and MPG. I prefer the look of the BMW but it's shite in the snow whereas the Mini is 4WD. Thoughts?

How often do you envisage that being a problem?

It goes on the co2 emissions and list price of the car. Some car companies give bigger discounts to the NHS too. The new bmw 116 efficient dynamics is a lot cheaper but the wheels look like the sort of alloys you would get on a vw lupo or something!

Anyone drive an automatic? There's a Z4 coupe I want but it's an automatic, it's been on the BMW Stratstone website for months now, they can't seem to shift it.

Edited by StevenL

Anyone drive an automatic? There's a Z4 coupe I want but it's an automatic, it's been on the BMW Stratstone website for months now, they can't seem to shift it.

Used to have a BMW 323 automatic when I worked for a company. Best car I ever drove and would always have an automatic through choice.

Bit silly really in this day and age having gears and a clutch.

Nice car that like J69. Automatics are a piece of piss to drive, I like driving manuals but having an automatic wouldn't bother me would they let you take it for a quick drive?

I pretty much always get Autos now. Especially good in heavy traffic. I do a canny few miles a year though (about 30-35K).

• 4 months later...