Allow me to introduce myself!

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rayvin of course will continue giving him the benefit of the doubt until he actually sees him fiddling with a school girl.

I'm a 57 year old Newcastle supporter, born in Rothbury and lived in and around Northumberland till I was 30. For the past 27 years though i've lived in Cheshire, moving here for work.  

Aye there's that Spanish lad suddenly started talking as well but tbf to him his English is too good for him to be a mackem.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, ColoradoMagpie said:

PL, I am jealous!  And I’m sure she loves being being referred to as the “current Mrs. PL!”

Bandwagon?  Seriously?  Rather than being born into NUFC, I chose this shit in 2006!  You’ve had Sir Bobby, the Entertainers, and Keegan.  All I’ve had is Fat Fred, 2 relegations, Kinnear, Pardew, and Fat Mike. You got Shearer, I’ve had Shola!  If I’m a bandwagon  fan, NUFC is is great shape!

spent the last 13 years on another board. It’s died, so looking for a new home. 

Howay the Lads!

It's not so different to around Boulder tbh. A lad who worked for my old man lives there, been out to see him a couple of times. We drank there in the first craft brewery I'd ever seen in 1994. Couldn't see that catching on at the time.. ;)

Boulder ffs.

'We have travelled in our wagons for many months through heat, ice and snow, through rivers and over mountains to reach this fantastic new land, now after what shall we name it?'

'Well there's a big fuck off stone over there'

'Then this place shall be known as Big Fuck Off Stone* forever more'

*The name was fine tuned in committee.

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

Boulder ffs.

'We have travelled in our wagons for many months through heat, ice and snow, through rivers and over mountains to reach this fantastic new land, now after what shall we name it?'

'Well there's a big fuck off stone over there'

'Then this place shall be known as Big Fuck Off Stone* forever more'

*The name was fine tuned in committee.

I’m sure that’s accurate!  I’ll forward to the City Council for inclusion in their informational materials. Don’t worry, you’ll get all the credit. 

PL, you’re not alone in missing the craft beer wave. In 94 I was a home brewer.  I’d been accepted to brewers college in Germany. A few months before I was to go I met my wife.  Decided if I was going to marry this woman, I’d better make something of myself—decided there was no future in this “hobby” of mine and went to law school instead. Yep, called that one right!  Anyone need any advice on futures markets, I’m not your guy!

• Haha 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Now then football tourist over 50 year old  here. I don't support one team in particular anymore just find it too groundhog and have never been a fan of season tickets. Reason for joining is I have begun to enjoy going to the odd match at St James Park more than most other grounds so want to comment on a few players etc.  Love a bet, always a North East treble (including Carlisle)  some have won, some have lost. Any winnings me and our lass spend on Hotel visits to Newcastle to see one of our kids at Uni. Our neighbours always rave on about Liverpool nights out but we are happier closer to home and enjoy Newcastle. 

Edited by 37quidman
  • 2 months later...

Hello to everybody, I just signed up from Italy. I'm a supporter of Juventus and of Newcastle, as well. I've been following MgPies since Alan Shearer anc Les Ferdinand....   I'm very happy to be here with you!!

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I hope the admins don't mind me posting this here but we recently recorded an episode of our podcast 'Why Always Us' with two Newcastle fans talking about all the worst times you lot have been screwed over by on field or off field events. Includes the insult or Alan Shearer, a derby day red card and the least popular ref on Tyneside. We also talk a bit about your season so far. Here's the link for the show on Acast but it's also available on itunes and a few other podcast platforms. Hope you enjoy

https://https://shows.acast.com/why-always-us/episodes/newcastle-united-trelford-bstard-mills

Thanks

James 

• Like 1
On 18/01/2012 at 20:29, Ant said:

Figured since we're getting an influx of new members recently an introductions thread might be of use!

anyone new who wants to feel free to use it.

use the following if you want (which i have completely ripped off from another forum as i'm utterly lazy)

Birthplace: Newcastle 

Whereabouts:Peterborough

Job:Bricklayer

Favourite Club: (if Not Newcastle)

Favourite Band:New Radicals

Favourite Food:English

Favourite Drink: 

Favourite Place:

Favourite Tv Show(s):Fast Show Sweeney Minder

Favourite Film:

Footballing Heroes: Kevin Keegan

Footballing Villains: Alex Ferguson Mike  Ashley

Other Teams: 

Other Sports: Athletics 

Role Model(s):

Plans For The Future:To many to mention 

5 Things To Do Before You Die: See the Newcastle win a major trophy Departure of Ashley 

I was a regular follower in late 70s early 80s of the Toons games in London as I was working down sarf.

Clearly remember the late John Alder rip.

Attending matches in those days in London could get very scary.All part  and parcel of the times .

Remember being at St James when Kevin Keegan made his debut ,massive queues at 11am what a day.

Only get to the odd game nowadays .

Edited by GosforhTony
did not write everything I wanted to
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've been a Newcastle supporter for about 38 year and up until last season a season ticket holder, I used to love been part of a club and supporters that no matter what stuck together through thin and thin. However the past 13 years under Ashley has totally destroyed this togetherness and up until last Thursday I was 100% convinced that feeling was coming back.

I will never stop following Newcastle but I will no longer financially support them under the current ownership, hopefully one day we will have our club back but until then I will support them through a screen.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Just signed up,first game was against Fulham.Albert Bennet scored twice,and a young whippersnapper called Allan Clarke scored at the Gallowgate end for Fulham.I think Bobby Robson played for Fulham that day.I think Johnny Haynes was still playing for Fulham.

Edited by beejay493
  • 1 month later...
On 27/08/2020 at 17:41, beejay493 said:

Just signed up,first game was against Fulham.Albert Bennet scored twice,and a young whippersnapper called Allan Clarke scored at the Gallowgate end for Fulham.I think Bobby Robson played for Fulham that day.I think Johnny Haynes was still playing for Fulham.

Welcome! 

I'm a 57 year old Newcastle supporter, born in Rothbury and lived in and around Northumberland till I was 30.

For the past 27 years though i've lived in Cheshire, moving here for work.

Two sons, 31 & 27 who class themselves as Geordies despite only living in the N.E. for a very short time.

I've been a lurker on this site for ages but thought i'd join and say "hello!"

I've put an ad in the classified section selling my NUFC numberplate "MA61PES" if anyone wants to have a gander.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all!

• Like 6

Hello, we actually have a group that likes to watch Premier League and we randomly picked teams outside Big 6. My team is Newcastle so I came here to learn about the team more. 

I am a research assistant in a University, on my way to get a doctorate. Love football as a game and culture. 

Favourite Club: Beşiktaş

Favourite Band: Queen

Favourite Food: Hamburger

Favourite Drink: Guinness, Whiskey, any free alcoholic beverage given to me 

Favourite Place: My home

Favourite Tv Show(s): Leverage, The Boys

Favourite Film: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Footballing Heroes: Les Ferdinand, Pirlo

Footballing Villains: Mick Ashley

Other Sports: Basketball, Formula 1

• Like 2