Brighton vs Newcastle (FA CUP)

Toon_Man

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola ain't fit enough to play as much as he has been doing. He's an impact sub nowadays, no more. Can't really see what else we can do except to play Ben Arfa off Best to be honest, not that such a system has worked particularly well for us so far...

We seem to respond to dodgy results in the right way (unless we've got massive injury problems like at Norwich) so hopefully he'll have them well up for it. I actually think Cabaye and Guthrie might struggle because they're going to be working their bollocks off in terms of pressuring but if they can cope and begin to run the game, we should be fine. I'm going for a Guthrie cross headed in by Shola.

Got my tickets for this today for me and girlfriend, ordered both at the same time etc...yet to my dismay I got two separate tickets seated a good 12 or so rows apart!!! Has anyone else experienced this? Is it worth getting on to the ticket office tomorrow to sort out?

Yep, in the away end...as we generally tend to stand anyway I was thinking it shouldn't be a problem, but wondered how others had found buying tickets for away games with "multiple" members this season? I seem to remember I got two tickets for us sitting together for QPR away alright, so I don't know why they haven't done the same in this instance.

Hope you don't mind me reminding everyone that's going about Lewes FC's game which kicks off at 2pm. You can make a real day of it and enjoy our Ryman Premier game on the terraces with a pint in hand first, then jump on the train for the 7 minute journey to The Amex. ideal for all fans!

Guest CabayeAye

We need more formations posting. Here's mine:

------------------Krul

-----Simpson Willicinni Santon

Raylor Cabaye Guthrie Jonas

--------------Ben Arfa

----------------Best

-------Elliot

--Tavernier--Perch-Willo--Taylor

Obertan--Smith--Guthrie--Fergusson

-------Lovenkrands--Shola

you want us out of the cup so we can concentrate on the league right?

-------Elliot

--Tavernier--Perch-Willo--Taylor

Obertan--Smith--Guthrie--Fergusson

-------Lovenkrands--Shola

you want us out of the cup so we can concentrate on the league right?

:lol: nah I was just messing, I want to see a strong team as I think we have a shot at finally winning something tbh. This should be our priority imo.

Hope you don't mind me reminding everyone that's going about Lewes FC's game which kicks off at 2pm. You can make a real day of it and enjoy our Ryman Premier game on the terraces with a pint in hand first, then jump on the train for the 7 minute journey to The Amex. ideal for all fans!

7 minutes away!? How on earth do you get fans. Was Lewes once on like FM 08 when they were in the BS South, would come down if I was off to the Brighton game

Cheers Clee. To be fair, Brighton's new ground being so close hasn't harmed our gates too badly. Let's face it, £10 to stand on the terraces with a pint in hand, with the Downs as a backdrop, with your mates to chat to, pretty girls to glance at, and a five minute walk home afterwards doesn't really stoop to the level of the modern-day pro football experience, does it?

If you can suggest our game to anyone you know who is travelling down, we'd be really grateful and would love to welcome them to The Dripping Pan here in Lewes...

Not expecting this to be easy, not a single one of our cup games this season has. We'll probably win it 2-1 or 3-2 in ET.

There wont be any extra time - if it's a draw there's a reply at SJP a week on Wednesday.