Brighton vs Newcastle (FA CUP)

Toon_Man

We best win 1st time round with a squad as thin as ours the less games we have to play the better tbh.

Yeah well, I won't complain if we win like.

Wasn't really what I was saying, I'm meaning anything less than a win and I'll be pretty gutted. A draw means another 90mins or more which is shit for our thin squad.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We best win 1st time round with a squad as thin as ours the less games we have to play the better tbh.

Wasn't really what I was saying, I'm meaning anything less than a win and I'll be pretty gutted. A draw means another 90mins or more which is shit for our thin squad.

Point taken. It's not an easy game though.

Point taken. It's not an easy game though.

Agreed, they'll give all the effort a league one or two side will but they're also of a better quality. Hope we play a 1st choice 11 and not back-ups + youth.

Whereas an extended cup run would be beneficial? Ummm...

As opposed to extending the cup run more than what is already needed. You completely misinterpreted my point if that's what you got from it. My point is if we're going to have a shot at winning this and keeping a good position in the league we need to avoid having to play replays, it's not a complicated point it's common knowledge in fact.

As opposed to extending the cup run more than what is already needed. You completely misinterpreted my point if that's what you got from it. My point is if we're going to have a shot at winning this and keeping a good position in the league we need to avoid having to play replays, it's not a complicated point it's common knowledge in fact.

Why the fuck is he finding it so hard to understand? He's either trying to be clever or is just fucking stupid.

Of course an extended cup run would be beneficial - it means we are still in the cup.

Why do you assume the premier league means everything?

For me the cup means just as much and I would be delighted if we get to Wembley by winning every game with a replay

Of course an extended cup run would be beneficial - it means we are still in the cup.

For me the cup means just as much and I would be delighted if we get to Wembley by winning every game with a replay

Bloody hell have people got me wrong, here!

I would love cup run. But Howay said he would hate a replay with our thin squad. What difference does a replay bloody make when an extended cup would still take a toll on the squad? It's still going to be fucking thin and the point he makes is, whilst I understand it, a bit of obvious one to make.

Just wanted to clear things up and that.

Bloody hell have people got me wrong, here!

I would love cup run. But Howay said he would hate a replay with our thin squad. What difference does a replay bloody make when an extended cup would still take a toll on the squad? It's still going to be fucking thin and the point he makes is, whilst I understand it, a bit of obvious one to make.

Just wanted to clear things up and that.

Fair enough, I'm just trying to make a general point that the FA Cup is really important in its own right and shouldn't be seen as a distraction to or secondary to the league

Im so used to us fucking up these kind of ties it makes me nervous. Then add in colo could be out and we are lacking up front. This said, everyone says Shola, Perch, Best are Championship players so now is their chance to shine ;)

So long as we are professional about it and dont sit back while they are fighting for their lives, we should take it 2-0. Get complacent though...

Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Santon; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez; Best, Sh Ameobi.

Perch in for colo, someone feel free to post pictures of different people screaming nooooooo.

crying_20face.jpg

Edited by harrynufc