Brighton vs Newcastle (FA CUP)

Toon_Man

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Half time thoughts:

1. Santon looks good going forward, but was a bit Simpsonesque with his backing off a couple of times.

2. Ben Arfa looks like he may produce a moment of magic, but he has given the ball away pretty much every time so far.

3. Best and Shola are way too deep and way too wide. They need to stay up and actually provide an attacking outlet.

4. Perch has been caught out of position a few times, but hasn't dropped a clanger yet.

6. We are really missing Ba. I think we'd be ahead if he was playing.

The solution? I'd be tempted to take Shola off for Raylor and stick Ben Arfa up front after about 60 minutes.

aye, sorry ben arfa fanboys but your man is playing absolutely shite

Dear me.

Playing shite is harsh, but he's definitely showing exactly why he's spent a lot of time on the bench. Supposedly one of the things they've spent a lot of time working on this season is retaining possession, and this kid keeps just handing the ball to the opposition. Total lack of concentration.

Ben Arfa made our best chance tbf. Entire team has been a bit lacklustre in the final third. I don't like this 4-3-3ish system with Best on the left, would be more comfortable with Vuckic for Shola and Gutierrez on the left and Best up top.

Boring first half. Severe lack of movement upfront, plenty of the ball but the Midfield are crying out for someone to play it too. Shola too static and best playing too wide.

Looking like a replay to me.

I can't remember a half of football where a player has given the ball away as much as Ben Arfa has here.

The game is being played like a friendly and we need to up the pace, Pardew should consider switching to 4-4-2 here so Jonas can double up on the fullback.

I can't remember a half of football where a player has given the ball away as much as Ben Arfa has here.

The game is being played like a friendly and we need to up the pace, Pardew should consider switching to 4-4-2 here so Jonas can double up on the fullback.

would create more chances, Santon has got some joy out of him and is getting forward well, bit of help for him and we could make a lot more of it

aye, sorry ben arfa fanboys but your man is playing absolutely shite

Dear me.

Playing shite is harsh, but he's definitely showing exactly why he's spent a lot of time on the bench. Supposedly one of the things they've spent a lot of time working on this season is retaining possession, and this kid keeps just handing the ball to the opposition. Total lack of concentration.

Was more for his comment about fan boys.

Shola hasnt been too bad IMO and looks like a threat. I would push BArfa up further behind Strola as Strola has been winning more balls in the air with nobody around.

There's no movement though.

final fantasy 13 2?

eh?

what?

There was just an advert on for it. Surely its ff14

each FF game (1,2,3,4,5 etc etc) is a new story, new world/universe etc 13 2 (like 10 2) is the second game in the 13 world.

its stupid, but its how it is