The "Did you know?" Thread

catmag

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a legend about a female Pope - Pope Joan, who was supposed to be English.

124535[/snapback]

Aye. She was in a play I saw recently, called Top Women or some other such feminist crap.

:lol:

Former Newcastle and Sunderland player Ron Guthrie is the only player to have played in every round of the FA Cup including all the qualifying rounds. And I know him quite well too.

There is a legend about a female Pope - Pope Joan, who was supposed to be English.

124535[/snapback]

Aye. She was in a play I saw recently, called Top Women or some other such feminist crap.

:blush:

124540[/snapback]

It's assumed it was made up, i.e. anti-Papal propaganda a few hundred years later. Have you heard the (also made up) story about the special throne for used in a secret Papal initiation rite which has a hole in it so that someone can reach up to check the Pope has a cock and balls? I mean, come on :lol:

Former Newcastle and Sunderland player Ron Guthrie is the only player to have played in every round of the FA Cup including all the qualifying rounds. And I know him quite well too.

124541[/snapback]

Written like Alan Oliver.

124541[/snapback]

Written like Alan Oliver.

124544[/snapback]

I was on the phone to him the other day and it's O'Neill's job if he wants it :lol:

124535[/snapback]

:blush:

124540[/snapback]

It's assumed it was made up, i.e. anti-Papal propaganda a few hundred years later. Have you heard the (also made up) story about the special throne for used in a secret Papal initiation rite which has a hole in it so that someone can reach up to check the Pope has a cock and balls? I mean, come on :lol:

124543[/snapback]

Aye, that was in too. It was a weird play like.

I was on the phone to him the other day and it's O'Neill's job if he wants it :blush:

124547[/snapback]

:lol: Who, Ron Guthrie?

124552[/snapback]

Aye, I wasn't really like, just doing an Oliver :nufc: I do know him though, he's my uncle's best mate. I was at their joint 60th Birthday Party at Burradon Club. It was GREAT ©

Aye, I wasn't really like, just doing an Oliver :lol: I do know him though, he's my uncle's best mate. I was at their joint 60th Birthday Party at Burradon Club. It was GREAT ©

124554[/snapback]

Honestly? I thought Guthrie was the mystery 30m investor!

Full of kandi-ravers no doubt, any sign of Blaydon?

Aye, I wasn't really like, just doing an Oliver :lol: I do know him though, he's my uncle's best mate. I was at their joint 60th Birthday Party at Burradon Club. It was GREAT ©

124554[/snapback]

Honestly? I thought Guthrie was the mystery 30m investor!

Full of kandi-ravers no doubt, any sign of Blaydon?

124555[/snapback]

I don't know where you got that little snippet of info from but he lives in a terraced house in Killingworth so I doubt it.

I don't know where you got that little snippet of info from but he lives in a terraced house in Killingworth so I doubt it.

124558[/snapback]

:lol:

True story this: Ron's brother Chris (who later was kitman at the Toon under Jim Smith then Ardilles) used to play in Holland and he recommended two players for Newcastle to buy and at the time they wouldn't have broke the bank. Guess who? Gullit and Van Basten. Not saying we would have got them but it was before they had broken into the Dutch side. We'd have ruined their careers like :lol:

True story this: Ron's brother Chris (who later was kitman at the Toon under Jim Smith then Ardilles) used to play in Holland and he recommended two players for Newcastle to buy and at the time they wouldn't have broke the bank. Guess who? Gullit and Van Basten. Not saying we would have got them but it was before they had broken into the Dutch side. We'd have ruined their careers like :lol:

124564[/snapback]

Van Basten in Bert Luque-esque 'whats his best position' fiasco!

Yhe tragedy is I can actually fucking imagine that!

Did you know I was talking to the lad who does the singing on new Halifax ad (to the tune of 'Like a Rhinestone Cowboy') at the wedding I was at on Sarrida? Name-drop-tastic.

Did you know I was talking to the lad who does the singing on new Halifax ad (to the tune of 'Like a Rhinestone Cowboy') at the wedding I was at on Sarrida? Name-drop-tastic.

125191[/snapback]

My mum's met the bloke who devised the Halifax ad's with that Howard bloke etc etc in. Unfortunately she had nothing to plunge into his jugular at the time.

125191[/snapback]

My mum's met the bloke who devised the Halifax ad's with that Howard bloke etc etc in. Unfortunately she had nothing to plunge into his jugular at the time.

125199[/snapback]

My Mam loves Howard like, fuck knows why :lol:

If you accidentally swallow chewing gum, it sticks your insides together.

If you swallow apple pips then a tree grows inside you and comes out your ears and mouth and nose.

If you accidentally swallow chewing gum, it sticks your insides together.

If you swallow apple pips then a tree grows inside you and comes out your ears and mouth and nose.

125216[/snapback]

Mam, is that you? :blush::lol:

the "golden" effigy of Tutenkhamen used on all advertising and in all books etc is not actually him !! When his tomb was found there was a trilogy of sarcophagi (sp). The third and first one were actually Tutankhamen but the second (middle sarcophus) was actually "grave robbed" from the tomb of the pharoah Smenkhere. His was the best looking of the three and has been used ever since to signify Tutankhamen....... :lol:

Edited by Radgina