Pardew blasts Souness

Scottish Mag

West Ham manager Alan Pardew has launched an angry broadside at his opposite number Graeme Souness following comments attributed to the Scot in the aftermath of Newcastle's 3-2 win at Upton Park earlier this month.

Souness's assertion that some of The Hammers side were scared at the prospect of facing striker Michael Owen left Pardew incredulous.

And Pardew has even gone as far as to offer a few words of advice to Souness regarding the Scot's future conduct.

"The one thing I hate about other managers is waffle that is nowhere near the truth," said Pardew.

"I would never conduct myself like that. My honest assessment of the Newcastle game is that we were great and, but for a few errors that were clinically punished by Michael Owen, we would have won with a bit to spare.

"Standing on the side watching our team outplay and out-manoeuvre Newcastle, and listening to the comments coming from their bench and the frustration of how the game was unfolding, it was ironic to hear Graeme Souness say afterwards that our two centre halves were scared.

"I thought that was complete nonsense."

The sides have already played each other twice this season following August's goalless draw at St James' Park and barring the clubs being paired together in the FA Cup an imminent reunion is out of the question.

But Pardew believes Souness's comments will ultimately backfire on the Scot whether it is this season or next.

"He should have known better than to criticise players on the opposite team," added Pardew.

"We will make sure we remember that when we play them again."

I used to think Pardew was alright an'all.  What a prick.

72162[/snapback]

He's a wanker of the highest order :D

Can't talk properly either.

And he bought Shaun Goater for 500k. That alone requires him to be shamed in the world of management.

West Ham manager Alan Pardew has launched an angry broadside at his opposite number Graeme Souness following comments attributed to the Scot in the aftermath of Newcastle's 3-2 win at Upton Park earlier this month.

:D

72211[/snapback]

The fourth one didn't count because they were playing rush goalies by then :blush:

Pretty stupid remarks by Souness, I don't think Pardew is a prat at all, Souness is just embarrassing

72214[/snapback]

Well, I'm rarely defending Souness, but I can't see what was wrong with his statements. Owen's goals are his job insurance and the statement that defenders must be scared of playing against such a prolific is banal. But it's good to see the S*n making a bif fuss ("I hate Sou") about absolutely nothing...

Madjeski was pretty peeved when he left wasn't he? Guess he's got over it now you're walking the Championship.

72210[/snapback]

He was incredibly peeved :D Not surprised, he did break his contract to join them. But Coppell came in so best for both parties in the end.

But last season it was great when Reading played West Ham off the park (and the season after) to a rousing chorus of "JUDAS, WHAT'S THE SCORE? JUDAS JUDAS WHAT'S THE SCORE?"

:blush:

Pretty stupid remarks by Souness, I don't think Pardew is a prat at all, Souness is just embarrassing

72214[/snapback]

Well, I'm rarely defending Souness, but I can't see what was wrong with his statements. Owen's goals are his job insurance and the statement that defenders must be scared of playing against such a prolific is banal. But it's good to see the S*n making a bif fuss ("I hate Sou") about absolutely nothing...

72226[/snapback]

I just think such quotes are childish, unprofessional and unnecessary.

Do you hear Wenger, Ferguson etc saying things like this ?

Motivating your opponents is a no brainer, but thats what he's done, and coming from the Liverpool way of thinking from his playing days he should know better.

Unless of course he hoped his rally the troops call would hit the press, and gain him support to deflect all the recent, deserved, criticism.

Which obviously worked with some people.

A report on Teletext says that Souness has been defending himself in an article, saying that the quote Pardew refers to has a missing bit in about the pace of Owen.

Souness says that it was the pace of Owen that the defenders were scared of.

Papers mis-quoting people! Whatever next??

72214[/snapback]

72226[/snapback]

72327[/snapback]

Notice you've conveniently managed to avoid mentioning Mourinho. :D

72214[/snapback]

72226[/snapback]

72327[/snapback]

72370[/snapback]

witness the events of the last few weeks, he's learning .... doesn't answer the question though, the fickleness of people is amazing, if Wenger or Fergie said the same about Henry or Rooney they would be saying exactly what I'm saying about Souness ...

I'm with Isegrim, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Souness has said.

The Sun are still fucking bitter that Owen signed for us instead of Liverpool and fucked up their exclusive tbh.

They're probably put the words in Pardew's mouth...

72214[/snapback]

72226[/snapback]

72327[/snapback]

72370[/snapback]

witness the events of the last few weeks, he's learning .... doesn't answer the question though, the fickleness of people is amazing, if Wenger or Fergie said the same about Henry or Rooney they would be saying exactly what I'm saying about Souness ...

72377[/snapback]

Leazes mate, if we played Man United or Arsenal, and Rooney or Henry scored a hat-trick, and Ferguson or Wenger said after the match that our defence were scared of the threat of Rooney and Henry, I'd think "Fucking right we were", and think nothing more of it. You really do let your hatred of Souness cloud your judgement sometimes. Are you honestly telling me that if Ferguson or Wenger had come out with something like this and Souness had reacted the way Pardew had, you'd be siding with Souness? Can't see it meself. I suspect you'd be on Fergie or Wenger's side and calling Souness an idiot for over-reacting (like Pardew has).