the Craig Bellamy enigma...you decide!

cbftoon

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give you a heads up on a programme going out on ITV4 next Tuesday at 9pm (January 31st) about one of our former players. Like him or loathe him, Craig Bellamy's fiery nature on the football pitch usually divides opinion amongst football fans and players alike. Less known about Craig is his outstanding charity work out in Sierra Leone and his commitment to the children of a country still recovering from a brutal civil war. If you're interested in the work he's doing for deprived children in Africa and want to know a little bit more about the real Bellers then check out the documentary...see whether it changes your perceptions of him!!

Cheers,

A CBFtoon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will look to catch that.

In spite of the way he left and his falling out with Shearer (which Shearer still seems bitter about) always loved the guy. Was glad for him personally the other night. He was ManCity's best player the season before he got shipped out to Cardiff. Just a shame anything good he does now will help the Racists.

He was also the best player at NUFC the season he got offloaded by Souness. Funny habit he has.

A little shit, but the point was when he played for us he was our little shit. Probably played his best stuff for us and as much as he seemed to dislike Shearer (and vice versa) the two were excellent together. I have the unpopluar stance of thinking he was totally in the wrong faking that injury and refusing to play..he should have bit his tounge and seen it out. Probably one of Sir Bob's best signings, especially as I remember when we bought there was a lot of people saying 'who?' and 'how much!?'

Pretty much the above. The OP talks about 'the real Bellers', well how he acts on the pitch/towards players and managers isn't fucking make believe and a man is defined by his actions. Very telling interview by Nigel Reo Coker on Motd the other day.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give you a heads up on a programme going out on ITV4 next Tuesday at 9pm (January 31st) about one of our former players. Like him or loathe him, Craig Bellamy's fiery nature on the football pitch usually divides opinion amongst football fans and players alike. Less known about Craig is his outstanding charity work out in Sierra Leone and his commitment to the children of a country still recovering from a brutal civil war. If you're interested in the work he's doing for deprived children in Africa and want to know a little bit more about the real Bellers then check out the documentary...see whether it changes your perceptions of him!!

Cheers,

A CBFtoon

Cheers Craig, you can fuck off now.

The most disappointing thing about Bellamy's career is that he never settled anywhere after leaving us. He's had nine moves in the last 12 years despite not being a flop at any of his clubs.

The only person who has stopped Bellamy from being a top player is himself.

The most disappointing thing about Bellamy's career is that he never settled anywhere after leaving us. He's had nine moves in the last 12 years despite not being a flop at any of his clubs.

The only person who has stopped Bellamy from being a top player is Graeme Souness and himself.

fyp

in all seriousness, I think if he had out-lasted the feckless Scot he could have settled here. I may be wrong but I really think he enjoyed his time here more than others.If Robson had been handled properly (moved upstairs or whatever) we'd have seen another few years from him at least.

He's a weapons grade prick. End of.

This, he's a dickhead millionaire footballer there's loads of them. Good on him doing things for charity but people like Bono and Geldof do tonnes for charities and they're still a pair of throbbers.

Some of the things he's supposedly done are funny, like the offering to treble a lads wages to sack in playing football and cut Bellamys grass when he was at Celtic, but some don't colour him in a favorable light to us at all, the supposed texts to Shearer after our 4-1 thumping off Man utd in the FA cup semi etc.

He got away with being a dickhead when he was playing for us because he was class and was 'our dickhead' but now he's just another ex-player.

Again I'm glad he's putting some of his undeserved fortune towards a better cause than amassing a huge collection of hats (Savage + Shola) but he's still a dickhead.

Less known about Craig is his outstanding charity work out in Sierra Leone and his commitment to the children of a country still recovering from a brutal civil war.

Bollocks. Everyone knows about the work he does there, with his name all over it and widely publicised in the UK. He never shuts up about it.

I think he does it so someone will talk to him. The prick can't have any mates he doesn't pay for.

Love the fella as a footballer though, especially for NUFC. He was mint.

Less known about Craig is his outstanding charity work out in Sierra Leone and his commitment to the children of a country still recovering from a brutal civil war.

Bollocks. Everyone knows about the work he does there, with his name all over it and widely publicised in the UK. He never shuts up about it.

I think he does it so someone will talk to him. The prick can't have any mates he doesn't pay for.

:lol: About the size of it and probably considerably bigger than his cock.

I will say this though, much is made of his mouthyness (is that a word?) but if more people played the game like him it would be all the better for it - he doesn't leave his foot in, he gives 100% for the team and he doesn't dive. Class movement and a good shot / set piece on him too. Been a good player everywhere he's been, bar Coventry.

:lol: About the size of it and probably considerably bigger than his cock.

I will say this though, much is made of his mouthyness (is that a word?) but if more people played the game like him it would be all the better for it - he doesn't leave his foot in, he gives 100% for the team and he doesn't dive. Class movement and a good shot / set piece on him too. Been a good player everywhere he's been, bar Coventry.

Hard to argue with all that. Someone will have a go like. Some right contrary mother fuckers on here :cuppa:

• 1 year later...