the Craig Bellamy enigma...you decide!

cbftoon

It's the Ashley message isn't?

Yes. But it's not like we should or have embraced that.

I just get wound up by notions that us 'up north' should be happy with our lot in lives and let the big guys continue uninterrupted. Fuck that.

This is a great city and it deserves a football team that can rival the best, even if that is presently not possible. We should always be aspiring to it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit comments from Bellas. He was nothingness before he joined us, we basically put him on the map. Loved him as a player (for us) even though he was clearly a little shit. Disappointing to hear him knock out the standard Geordie cliches. Obviously we were more demanding as a set of supporters when he was there as we were finishing top 4-5

Bullshit comments from Bellas. He was nothingness before he joined us, we basically put him on the map. Loved him as a player (for us) even though he was clearly a little shit. Disappointing to hear him knock out the standard Geordie cliches. Obviously we were more demanding as a set of supporters when he was there as we were finishing top 4-5

That's the main point tbh, he's acting like that's what people are expecting now. It made sense at the time to expect a top 4 finish when you've regularly finished in the top 4 but his little snarky comments are the first time I've heard anyone mention us and CL in yonks.

This is the bit I like:

“We haven’t seen an ‘Ashley out” banner all season.

“They are winning football matches - that’s how fickle football fans can be. It’s the same owner.

“He’s behaving in the same manner but they are winning football matches so they’re all happy. They need to look at themselves."

He's behaving in the same manner is he? He renamed the ground, fucked over a club legend, didn't allow the club to spend what it's making in the transfer window, sacked a crowd favorite manager and replaced him with some cockney windbag this season? They get paid money for this ffs :lol:.
People like him have to learn that it's not hypocritical in the slightest, every fan still fucking hates the cunt and wants rid of him but it's not exactly a productive time to protest is it? Aye lets all protest, create negativity around the team, and refuse to back the best manager we've had since the early 2000's meaning he'd likely have walked while the club is in the 2nd tier. Also at a time where Ashley has done fuck all and finally backed (to a certain extent anyway) a manager we all like. 
Edited by Howay

“It’s difficult for fans. They say they pay the players’ wages, which they don’t.

“Television rights and owners do all of that. They need to get realistic.

Aye, it's the magical TV fairy that pays their wages...

If he wasn't a footballer I'd assume he was trolling.
Edited by adios

Aye, it's the magical TV fairy that pays their wages...

If he wasn't a footballer I'd assume he was trolling.

:lol: Aye that's it like, also why are they applying stuff like this to our fanbase? Is this not true of every fucking fan base? He's also the one complaining we're not currently protesting Ashley, then saying the fans have no power... 

It's like Bellamy's little rant about how Newcastle would need to spend considerable money to ever come top 4, aye, no shit. Same with every fucking club man. Leicester aside all the clubs that have come top 4 in recent history have spent hundreds of millions on players.

Can't say I'll shed a tear when there's a news story of one or both of them being bankrupt.

• 8 months later...

"I like Mike Ashley. If he sells, he'll be selling the club in a better position than what he bought it in."

He also claimed that Rafa has used the takeover as a way to deflect any criticism of him.

He's a fucking idiot.

I think he's deliberately being a cunt because he's a bit bitter about the way he perceives the club, fans and previous regime in particular and how badly he was treated (in his eyes). He never gets pulled up on the history rewrite he's done on his relationship with SBR either, i.e. that was the fault of the fans and nowt to do with him and others regularly taking the piss out of Robson's good nature. Not saying he isn't an idiot too though.

Edit: He's probably got a chip on his shoulder about Rafa too. He was an unused sub in 2007 CL final iirc. He probably thinks the amount of clubs he's had is nowt to do with him and the way he goes on.

Edited by Alex