Life being inherently unfair

Flair

You only get one chance in life. Don't be the guy that is sat in retirement wondering about what might have been if he'd had more bottle. Don't blame it on not getting the rub of the green. Fucking get out there and do something. If you want it enough you will.

That said, plenty of people are happy just existing. And theres not wrong with that. Each to their own. I'd just hate to regret not trying when it's too late.

Where do you draw the line?

I got up, did it again, came closer, same result though. Do I go again or let the discourse of time sort things out? Time is a huge currency and one that often goes undervalued. A big opportunity cost.

Do I become a non-conformist? Oh, these decisions are perfectly spurious for it is luck that moves the world.

The Fish has it spot on.

I'm no more lucky or unlucky than the next man, if I'm honest I think " luck" is a pile of bollocks.

Everything I have really wanted in my life , I have gone out and got/done. I firmly believe that if you decide you want something, the only thing that can stop you getting it is you.

I know that sounds like a line from some shit Yank " Lifechoice" seminar, but it's how I've lived my life so far.

Ask yourself, " How much do I want *********** to happen?"

If you decide it's something you want, think " What do I need to do to make this happen?"

If all you come up with is obstacles and negativity, you've answered your first question.

If you view it as a series of challenges, good luck, it may take time but you'll get there.

If all else fails, have a stranger wank.

Way I see it, two guys are on a ship, it sinks and they're washed ashore with the flotsam, one guy sees all they have is some driftwood, a bit of rope, barely enough food to see through a week, no way of contacting anybody...

the other guy says, "how lucky are we? We didn't drown?"

Seriously Flair, while Parky's sojourn into existentialism is fun and everything, simply considering whether reality is merely a construct won't help you. If you believe yourself unlucky it's because you put a negative flavour to all that befalls you, that's sounds judgemental and I apologise, but it's true. I agree with Gemmill, I'd definitely go for a self-help book/ counselling if I were you.

My sisters think that I'm 'lucky' and they're not, but I swear they've had the same opportunities as I have but because they expect the worst, it more often than not happens.

Seriously, I just had a death of a close family member and it really gives you the perspective to fuck everything that isn't commanding your full passion off and do something you want. In life, it's no good doing things you don't want to do because, as people have said, you'll get to 50 wondering where your life has gone. Grab it by the cock, do the things you've wanted to do. If it means writing novels that nobody reads, playing music that nobody hears or painting things that nobody sees, just fucking do it. Hopefully when you get out of this slump, you'll have a fresh perspective and motivation for whatever career or path you want to take. I say do it; the consequences don't really matter anyway. I side with Parky's basic nihilism tbh.

The mind clings to it....I am aware of that. But being aware of that is the start.

Some things I should impart...

Starting a thread as you have is a kind of ritual...ritual is the cornerstone of magic. People on here with good intentions will point you toward more order ie sort yourself out' that kind of thing...But of course I know you've been trying that and have lost faith in it and you are right to do so...Order is mediocrity it is survival at its basest level....I'm sure it interests you even less than it interests me...What point going into a house that you have decorated and fawned over for years...The inside bores you..Of course...Cause you created it and you know all about it...

Walk into a house that you have no idea what's inside.

Magic is the key.

YOu said something earlier about every moment being new...Of course that is completely right. What is gone is gone. :)

Book%20Four.png

;)

May that as it will...My vague dabblings reveal it so. Always....And probably forever. It's in the numbers and the Jews saw this very early days as they travelled widely (diaspora) and interacted with the Indus civ on trade routes and so on...They aligned themselves with the numbers (luck) and it is IMO one of the reasons they are persecuted...For they have caught onto some hidden mythos (not religious). Real Jews (the proper ones) aren't really religious they are mystical. Mysticism is a kind of luck promoter. To start on that road you have to give up on any notions of reality for the two are poles apart....."Make it so"...the man says...

102026410.jpg

;)

A lot of this stuff is to do with self-image (how we see ourselves). Personally my feeling is that this is always changing and therefore I conclude that the thing which I think I am isn't real. If it isn't really real then I choose not to worry about it as it's just a result of my flawed perception (of things)...Which also may not be real...So, in short why worry? Cause you're at the end of the day worrying about things that might not actually exist outside of your own very weak perception of reality (whatever that is).

:D

NB My advice is dangerous if you're mentally susceptible.

um...

Lower expectations, take control, increase expectation while maintaining control. Keeping control of that though is what sends you around the bend.

Building a fairer society is pretty low on the list of those in power. If it is at all... :lol:

Tbf females generally would tire of the notion when it became apparent that Primark would have to close down.

Good books those toonotl. I spent some time in Tibet a while back at a monastery and I HAVE dabbled in Crowley, but who hasn't? ;)

Visiting a Tibetan monastery would be awesome.

Yeh. Those books and lots of others are interesting. Although I'm more of a realist these days. In terms of conspiracy stuff I think after awhile the likes of Icke, Crowley, Sitchen, Gardner et al are all pretty well irrelevant. The other mysticism stuff, Buddhism and the Kabbalah etc, has its value in terms of what it says about what is actually real. But, for me, its value doesn't extend past that point. Especially, the numerology aspect of Kabbalah. I think Buddhism has some really valuable aspects to it and I think meditation and the like is actually very helpful in terms of calming the mind. I wouldn't take it much further past that though.

On Crowley. :) He was a deranged heroin addict and not much else. ;) Interesting guy though.