Blackburn Rovers - Newcastle United 0-2

Aeris

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus fucking wept. I thought Phil Dowd was usually favourable to us. He must be a fucking Blackburn fan. We haven't had any luck from officials all season except for that Ben Arfa penalty at the Glory Mancs.

Polar opposite of last game at Fulham. 1-0 up but been absolutely wank. Have to change things at half time.

Fuck me we were shite, how on earth are we ahead? Hoilett is a cunt.

Need to bring on Abeid imo, Pards will go with Perch which is fine. Get either a "striker" or Ben Arfa off. None have had any luck. Id prefer to take one of the strikers off, with Ben arfa playing behind him, at least then we might nick another. We need to bring on a midfielder and hold out for another 45 minutes, because offensively we are SHITE.

Need to bring on Abeid imo, Pards will go with Perch which is fine. Get either a "striker" or Ben Arfa off. None have had any luck. Id prefer to take one of the strikers off, with Ben arfa playing behind him, at least then we might nick another. We need to bring on a midfielder and hold out for another 45 minutes, because offensively we are SHITE.

Spot on.

To be honest we'll need another goal to win this I reckon.

Harper on BBC is refreshing. Backing Krul 100% , does his homework on the penalties, ha.

Harper on BBC is sitting with as much of his back to 'Lawro' as possible. Clearly Steve think he's a cunt too

Ben Arfa had a couple of good moments in and around their box which came to nothing. He's hopeless in front of the defence though. In fact he's been a liability on a couple of occasions with giving the ball away.

Get Ameobi off, I keep saying he's just not fit enough to have any sort of impact game after game like this. Perch in front of the defence with Guthrie, Raylor on the right, Jonas on the left (defensive wingers if you will) and Ben Arfa off Best in a 4-4-1-1

Ben Arfa has been horrendous. Lost the ball every time he's had it.

He doesnt have many options to be fair to him. The players clearly dont look comfortable in this formation.

Doesnt help that both Best and Ameobi are either standing still in offside, or walking back from it like some granny crossing the street. But yes, he doesnt seem to do very well when he gets it under pressure, tries to do too much all the time. He does look a threat though at least. He took one touch too many when he got our only half chance on the wing. Which is more than I can say for Best and Ameobi.

Wow what a shit first half, we've been ridiculously lucky (as well as having that bowl hair cut god between the posts) against Blackburns 12 men (seriously Dowd sort it out man). Blackburn have struggled to stay on their feet no idea how this lot are professional athletes if they're this prone to falling over.

I understand we're missing a good chunk of our teams spine but playing the suicidal high line yet again worries me and Hoilett + Modeste will get opportunities from it, I've also noticed how comically slow we are to the 2nd ball EVERY single time. When the ball comes out of the box from a cleared corner it always falls to a Blackburn player in about 15 yards of space and our lot jog out rather than closing him down quickly, if we continue playing this badly we'll lose we've really rode our luck here.

Mind you is it just me or is the standard of officiating worse this year? Dowd has been total shite.

The lack of chances we've had is majorly down to the fact that Best and Ameobi are completely incapable of staying onside, as we were setting up the shot that was deflected in I was watching Ameobi hoping for a through ball but the guy was just standing about 1 yard offside for that entire phase of play.

Perch will be brought on for Taylor 2nd half in all by the looks of it.