Newcastle United - Aston Villa 2-1

Aeris

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merson backs Villa shock;

Newcastle are above Liverpool and Arsenal in the Premier League and they're starting to remind me of the time Everton finished in a Champions League spot.

But I just have a funny feeling they might lose on Sunday.

They've been scoring the first goal and riding their luck in some games. I don't know how they managed to beat Blackburn, that's a football match they should never have won, but they defended very well, they restricted the other team and Tim Krul didn't have to make many saves, apart from the penalty.

Everyone will now turn up and expect them to beat Villa at home, but I don't think Newcastle are playing great football and I don't see it happening. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling this game won't go the way everyone's expecting.

*PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2*

No mention of our missing players having affected recent performances and/or the Dembas returning for the Villa game.

Moron.

tbf we havent been playing well of late. Much of it though has been because we have had fuck all up front and AP has been messing with the formation. Hopefully with Ba back he will get back to 442.

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling this game won't go the way everyone's expecting.

I think I know why

paul-merson-leaves-warwick-a-e-pic-daily-mirror-948046982.jpg

because hes a complete and utter fuckwit

I don't know why, but I just have a feeling this game won't go the way everyone's expecting.

:lol: It's ridiculous, as a pundit and ex-player he's paid to use his insight and knowledge of the game to come out with something more than 'I've just got a feeling'.

:lol: It's ridiculous, as a pundit and ex-player he's paid to use his insight and knowledge of the game to come out with something more than 'I've just got a feeling'.

To be fair he hadn't quite finished his sentence, it should've read, 'I've just got a feeling, woo hoo! That tonight's gonna be a good, good night'.

Paul Merson is a fucking idiot, coke head in my opinion. He predicts 2-1 to them, and he also said they are the bigger club aswell?. There is a reason why he is not a manager, and that reason is because he knows fuck all about football. Hes a useless cunt. Can't even pronounce most players names without slurring it the fucking cunt.

Guest CabayeAye

With Shola and Best out of the team and hopefully a 4-4-2, we should hump these boring twats. Hopefully Merson's fat, drugged up face will be on SSN so we can all laugh at him throwing a strop.

There's a lot of hate for Villa because of how their fans acted when we went down on here, everyone wanted us to go down that year, (pub in Nottingham i was in for that game was fucking delighted) just happened we were playing them in the last game. I

don't bear them any ill will - they're brummies after all, they've been punished enough.

Merson really is a total fucking idiot isn't he :lol:. Honestly man they'd have a more insightful panelist if they took someone at random from the stands, he's a total total mug. Spent far too much of his career mortal drunk to have any real knowledge of the game and it shows on Sky Sports when time and again he's nothing other than a good laugh for the other ex-players.

There's a lot of hate for Villa because of how their fans acted when we went down on here, everyone wanted us to go down that year, (pub in Nottingham i was in for that game was fucking delighted) just happened we were playing them in the last game. I

don't bear them any ill will - they're brummies after all, they've been punished enough.

That's ok, mate, I hate those fucking scab bastards too.

I barely look at their support as humans after being in the Villa end that day. They're so devoid of personality, character, individuality en masse. They are basically a shit club. Just boring. Thinking about them bores me, they are sensationally pointless and irrelevant. They're like a team, Fulchester United or Roy of The Rovers team would play, just there but no one cares, literally no one too. What I'm saying is, regardless how many trophies they won pre 1900, they just have no identity, none at all. I might not like them but Liverpool have an identity, Leeds have an identity, the likes of West Ham and Millwall have an identity, Man Utd do, and in my view as much as any team we certainly do. Villa? Fuck off. Just a non event of a club, in a city full of Britain's most boring cunts.

I think even looking at nufc.com emphasises how boring they are. In all of the league games between us in our history the 73 at Villa Park have seen 210 goals, then 72 at SJP have seen 255. Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics#All-Time_FA_Premier_League_Table they've drawn by far the most games in the history of the Premiership, which again emphasises my point about how boring they are. In the dictionary where it says boring it should have n.b Aston Villa beside it. Complete and utter nothing club, they won the European Cup, three years later they're averaging 14,000, Forest won it twice and they're not a big club neither. In fact when they played the final in Rotterdam they could've had 30,000 fans there, just 15,000 Villa fans saw them become champions of Europe, in the days where to win it you could often get away with just two difficult ties in the whole competition, see Celtic 1967, Forest 1979, Villa 82, Liverpool 84. I have more respect for Sunderland than these, better support and a bigger true fanbase. Shit club. Nothing club. £200 season tickets, not much bigger than Boro in my view, if you take away trophies won pre 1900.

As for the game start Ba and Cisse and we win easily. Apparently N'Zogbia was class the other neet, keep him quiet and we'll be alright, he likes coming back though, mind that Wigan game 2-2 draw. Don't fuck about with formations neither, 4 4 2 all out attack and they'll crumble we're better than them in just about every position, although Shay is back and I hope he gets a class reception.

Had a little look on one of their sites and our little Mackem friend, Rice, was trying and failing to wind them up about their support, but he did make a few of them mention their 'great away support'. I can only imagine this great away support of theirs has an exclusion limit imposed on them in the North East similar to the one Argentina had in 1982 round the Falklands as I've very rarely seen them travel up here in numbers in the thirty years I've been watching us. Can never remember thinking, not even once, 'Aye, that Villa lot were canny today, mind'. Also one of them 'remembered' us averaging 15,000 in the eighties alongside the Mackems being completely fucking oblivious to our actual average attendences. Was it JawD who was at Villa Park to see us beat them in a 1st division game watched by 12,000 only a few years after winning the European Cup?

Never really cared about these either way until I spent some time in their company before a game at Villa Park where I knew we'd beat them as we had a far better team yet the Villa lot genuinely thought they were the bigger, better club/team. This was the year after we'd been promoted and Cole and Malcolm Allen scored.

As for the relegation match, a piss take was one thing, pre-meditated 'witty' banners? (Anything with ant & dec in it when trying to take the piss out of Geordies.......instant fail, to be honest), pure, 100% jealousy on their part that nobody will ever care about their club the same way they will about ours, whether good or bad. Like I said, they should play in beige and run out to Val Doonican or Daniel O'Donnell.

Going on what Pardew said in the presser he reckons they'll be quick on the break today.Can't see them countering too quickly without Agbonlahor who is doubtful for this apparently. Bent needs someone to get it into the box for him where he is quality. Concentrate on stopping the supply to him and I think we'll have too much for them of our own at the other end. I enjoyed last season's game at SJP almost as much as twatting the mackems a couple of months later. It's difficult to genaralise about fans but I'll make an exception for these cunts after the relegation game. Highlight of their decade judging by their reaction

Had a little look on one of their sites and our little Mackem friend, Rice, was trying and failing to wind them up about their support, but he did make a few of them mention their 'great away support'. I can only imagine this great away support of theirs has an exclusion limit imposed on them in the North East similar to the one Argentina had in 1982 round the Falklands as I've very rarely seen them travel up here in numbers in the thirty years I've been watching us. Can never remember thinking, not even once, 'Aye, that Villa lot were canny today, mind'. Also one of them 'remembered' us averaging 15,000 in the eighties alongside the Mackems being completely fucking oblivious to our actual average attendences. Was it JawD who was at Villa Park to see us beat them in a 1st division game watched by 12,000 only a few years after winning the European Cup?

Never really cared about these either way until I spent some time in their company before a game at Villa Park where I knew we'd beat them as we had a far better team yet the Villa lot genuinely thought they were the bigger, better club/team. This was the year after we'd been promoted and Cole and Malcolm Allen scored.

As for the relegation match, a piss take was one thing, pre-meditated 'witty' banners? (Anything with ant & dec in it when trying to take the piss out of Geordies.......instant fail, to be honest), pure, 100% jealousy on their part that nobody will ever care about their club the same way they will about ours, whether good or bad. Like I said, they should play in beige and run out to Val Doonican or Daniel O'Donnell.

:lol:

Pre match entertainment 30 mins stand up with Howard Wilkinson and Tony Pulis.

I was at that 0-2 game in 93. Mind there was about 500 toon in the Holte End, and the police got them out and marched them round the pitch "geordies here geordies there geordies every fuckin where nananannananaaaaaa". These 15000 claims haha our gates were far farrrrrrrr better than theirs throughout the 80s despite being top 10 once. In fact we were top 10 once between 1977 and 1994.

Not sure we are better than them in 'all departments', well not on Sunday anyway. It's going to be Perch and Guthrie in the middle, isn't it?

Aye fair point but Cabaye and Tiote would be their best players. We'll still piss it, they're shit at bigger clubs in bigger stadiums. Arsenal scored 3 in 7 mninutes against them, we'll be sweet.

With Shola and Best out of the team and hopefully a 4-4-2, we should hump these boring twats. Hopefully Merson's fat, drugged up face will be on SSN so we can all laugh at him throwing a strop.

so you aren't going to the match then ?

Not sure we are better than them in 'all departments', well not on Sunday anyway. It's going to be Perch and Guthrie in the middle, isn't it?

Aye fair point but Cabaye and Tiote would be their best players. We'll still piss it, they're shit at bigger clubs in bigger stadiums. Arsenal scored 3 in 7 mninutes against them, we'll be sweet.

They've only lost twice away from home this season.