Newcastle United - Aston Villa 2-1

Aeris

Not sure we are better than them in 'all departments', well not on Sunday anyway. It's going to be Perch and Guthrie in the middle, isn't it?

Aye fair point but Cabaye and Tiote would be their best players. We'll still piss it, they're shit at bigger clubs in bigger stadiums. Arsenal scored 3 in 7 mninutes against them, we'll be sweet.

They've only lost twice away from home this season.

We've only lost twice in our last 16 home games. Man Utd hadn't lost in 20 away games when we beat them.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

What I would pick:

------------Krul

Raylor Colo Willi Santon

----------Guthrie

Obertan Ben Arfa Jonas

---------Cisse Ba

What I think we'll see (I will be well pissed off if this happens):

------------Krul

Simpson Colo Willi Santon

Obertan Guthrie Gosling Jonas

------------Shola Ba

Guest CabayeAye

Going on what Pardew said in the presser he reckons they'll be quick on the break today.

Really hope you've not traveled to SJP today.

:lol:

What I would pick:

------------Krul

Raylor Colo Willi Santon

----------Guthrie

Obertan Ben Arfa Jonas

---------Cisse Ba

What I think we'll see (I will be well pissed off if this happens):

------------Krul

Simpson Colo Willi Santon

Obertan Guthrie Gosling Jonas

------------Shola Ba

enjoy the game.

If you're not going to start Cisse, you might as well start with 10 men, because Best and Shola are a waste of a squad number.

Yet Best and Ba struck up a good partnership earlier in the season before his injury so he can't be that much of a waste.

The point being Cisse doesn't have any understanding with his team mates yet so why throw him in at the deep end after 2 days when he can give us a much needed lift from the bench if we need it?

The alternative if he doesn't hit the ground running is we sub him off for one of Best or Shola, neither of those will lift the crowd or the team in the same way.

Guest CabayeAye

If you're not going to start Cisse, you might as well start with 10 men, because Best and Shola are a waste of a squad number.

Yet Best and Ba struck up a good partnership earlier in the season before his injury so he can't be that much of a waste.

The point being Cisse doesn't have any understanding with his team mates yet so why throw him in at the deep end after 2 days when he can give us a much needed lift from the bench if we need it?

The alternative if he doesn't hit the ground running is we sub him off for one of Best or Shola, neither of those will lift the crowd or the team in the same way.

I can see your point, but I feel that a Cisse with no understanding is still better than a Best or a Shola with no ability.

All of this was said about Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon earlier in the season yet we didn't see a massive improvement when they were thrown in from the start did we?

Parses could well play him from the start and he's excellent but he's a trump card that doesn't need to be thrown in at the start and can offer us something that none of the rest can from the bench, like Asprilla's debut.

Your memory's better than your plumbing

:lol: I've just had to have ten minutes of her dad talking at me on the phone telling me how I should have done it. When he'd finished his fucking monologue I told him "Aye I'm getting a plumber in. I'll put your daughter back on. Bye."

Aye I hope he plays tbh, he's had a few weeks training with Ba so they've had enough time to form a bit of understanding. I'd rather play him even if he knew no-one than watching Best and shola again.

Watched some of the Man City game and the weather was awful. Snowing all the time and by the final whistle the grass looked on the white side.

Any chance of our match being called off?

Wouldn't really mind if it was as these early kick-offs mean me getting up at 5 in the morning and that's not ower canny fer an owld gadgee.