American Football Thread

Bictor

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried. I want to like it, but it's just far too stop start to keep me interested.

Thats the main issue but i started watching it on skyplus so i could just fast forward through the adverts then continue watching the game in good time.

Of course! Shame to see a Packer on here tbh ;). Win 60 quid if the Pats win tonight so although I hate Bellicheat I'm hoping they win tonight

Two actually ;) The second part of my user name would be the hint.

Will you still support the Queens when they're in LA ????

Of course! Shame to see a Packer on here tbh ;). Win 60 quid if the Pats win tonight so although I hate Bellicheat I'm hoping they win tonight

Two actually ;) The second part of my user name would be the hint.

Will you still support the Queens when they're in LA ????

They'll stay in the Twin Cities. Its gonna be the LA Rams imo. But no I'd hate the Vikings if they went to LA. They already took the Lakers despite not having lakes. Now Vikings despite having no Scandinavian heritage :lol:. Itd still be worth tuning in to watch Allen sack Rodgers though ;)

Wor lass and most her family are Jets fans (couple Giants fans) so I've tried to get into it so I've got a bit of craic about it when they all chat about it, it's a canny watch especially now I've got a bit of interest in a team. Got her dad into supporting Newcastle so I couldn't ask for a good team in return :lol: neither have won owt since 1969.

Preferred watching NCAA to NFL this season (Vikes have been awful which contributes) but watched the playoffs and can't wait for the Superbowl. If its anything like the 2008 Superbowl between these two it'll be perfect.

I do like it, but can understand why plenty don't, due to the stop-start nature of it.

I'm a Rams fan. I hope they still come for the Wembley game in October, but they need to sort out their lease issues with their stadium first.

wow thats harsh....

My Prediction for the game:

Patriots - 21

Giants - 24

Im getting really excited now! Tom Brady against the Giants pass rush should be intruiging.

Preferred watching NCAA to NFL this season (Vikes have been awful which contributes) but watched the playoffs and can't wait for the Superbowl. If its anything like the 2008 Superbowl between these two it'll be perfect.

Yeah the vikes sucked pretty hard this year.

I do like it, but can understand why plenty don't, due to the stop-start nature of it.

I'm a Rams fan. I hope they still come for the Wembley game in October, but they need to sort out their lease issues with their stadium first.

wow thats harsh....

Patriots - 21

Giants - 24

Im getting really excited now! Tom Brady against the Giants pass rush should be intruiging.

Brady MVP tbh. Heard it here first

wow thats harsh....

Patriots - 21

Giants - 24

Brady MVP tbh. Heard it here first

Well its gonna be either Brady or Manning.

Used to play it when I was a kid. Part of the junior unkitted division in the north east late 80's. I enjoy it, but never sit and watch full games. Patriots are actually the team I follow. Wouldnt say I supported them as such. That goes back to SBXX when they got stuffed (new record at the time) by the Bears. I wanted to follow the under dog so I kept an eye on them the next season and I can remember them getting to the play-offs but going to to Denver (Dan Marino if you remember him). So it went on from there. Now I look out for their scores and try and catch highlights on sky etc. Was not like that when I was a kid and I used to listen on long wave radio for the US Forces transmission to hear a live game.t

The Giants have taken the early momentum. The Patriots secondary just cant keep with Nicks, Cruz, Manningham and co.

Tom Brady will come back though, but it looks like he could have a rough night if the Giants continue to get pressure.

Remarkable that the Patriots have made so many fuck-up's and still go in at half-time ahead. And they get the ball first in the second half.

Their secondary looks awful.

The Patriots have been able to stop Manning which is the key for them. I still expect a few more lead changes in this one though.