Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're 2 points ahead of them with the same number of matches played, we don't need a favour

We both know Arsenal will take their natural position above you jokers by the end of the campaign my friend.

Speaking of natural/unnatural positions. Nice to see Sunderland in the top 10.

We'll walk this. Nailed on.

Aye, cause Spurs are on the decline or whatever you said.

Will be an interesting game, I expect our players to up their intensity but ultimately if our defense allows them as much space and time as we did Villa it will be an incredibly tough ask and will require a herculean effort from Krul.

I suspect Pardew will line us up the way we played much of the last game, hopefully we're not forced into any subs through injury.

we're 2 points ahead of them with the same number of matches played, we don't need a favour

We both know Arsenal will take their natural position above you jokers by the end of the campaign my friend.

So you think they are going to beat you then?

The very fact you think beating Arsenal would be 'doing us a favor' implies that you think we've a good shot at finishing above them, you've probably put more thought into it than most on here in fact. Now scuttle off back to your hovel you fucking cheesy chip sucking tramp.

Guest CabayeAye

Bore off back to the Second Division you inbred cunt. The fact that you are still in the Premier League shows how far you are punching above your weight. Just wait till the O'Cunt honeymoon period finishes and you will plummet back to the depths where you belong.

Edited by CabayeAye

To get this back on topic..

Interesting comments from Pardew about this match:

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

Sounds like the intention is to play a free-flowing attacking game, which will be interesting not the least because it could mean some changes in personell.

"We can go to Tottenham and let our hair down. We will have a go and if we get beat, we get beat."

Sounds like the intention is to play a free-flowing attacking game, which will be interesting not the least because it could mean some changes in personell.

I think he knows it would be mental to go to Tottenham away, set up shop, and hope to cancel them out. Because the fact is without Cabaye and Tiote we have no chance of controlling the midfield. Might as well have a go at them and just try and score more than they do with our two Dembas. I like the mentality.

Edited by JonTheMag

I wouldn't pay much credence to that. I'm expecting the same formation as Villa with Oba in for Raylor.

I wouldn't pay much credence to that. I'm expecting the same formation as Villa with Oba in for Raylor.

Aye, trying to plant the seed in Spurs minds that it'll be a nice practice game for them after what should be a massive battle against Liverpool. Psychological iyam and I'm all for it.

Either way we go there as massive underdogs and I'm all for that too. We've just played and won two games we'd have got slated for losing, and that deserves credit, so we go there now and anything is a bonus. Hopefully that change in the psychology of the game will be good for us and we give a good account.

I'm less confident about a result here than I am in any of our remaining games, so I've written it off, it'll be alright though all the other sides around us have a really difficult 4 week spell where we could well emerge in 4th place. Games like Sunderland at home and Swansea away are the pivotal ones, Wolves/Norwich/Bolton you 100% expect to win.

I like Pardew. he has the measure of the media and makes it a useful tool. Apparently talking to someone from TalkSport about the Cisse transfer. The interviewer had, off air, asked him why he'd said that he wasn't going in for anyone and Pardiola smiled and said that if he categorically denied that he was going in for someone and it threw other teams for even a moment, it was worthwhile.

I think this Spurs "If wqe get beat, we get beat" is in that same vein. He's just using whatever tools are available to him to try and get some kind of advantage. If the Spurs players read it and think they're in for an easy game, they may go into the game with one foot off the gas?

I don't know, it probably won't make any difference, but it costs you nothing, so why not?

When was it when we hadn't won in London for like 2/3 seasons or something. As though London was a place you didn't have to win football games but could still be serious contenders ie. not like it provides anywhere upto 6 Prem away games per season. Jesus wept that was depressing hearing that time after time. I used to just wish one of the pundits would pipe up after a while and say it's not a 'London jinx', it's fucking gutless football.

When was it when we hadn't won in London for like 2/3 seasons or something. As though London was a place you didn't have to win football games but could still be serious contenders ie. not like it provides anywhere upto 6 Prem away games per season. Jesus wept that was depressing hearing that time after time. I used to just wish one of the pundits would pipe up after a while and say it's not a 'London jinx', it's fucking gutless football.

Was it under Robson before we won 3-1 at Arsenal?

Robert played them off the park if it's the game I'm thinking of.