Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Among others i managed to squeeze in.......

a little tenderness --- the commitments

mustang sally --- the commitments

he was very good.

Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett btw.

It's "Try a little tenderness" anarl

Among others i managed to squeeze in.......

a little tenderness --- the commitments

mustang sally --- the commitments

he was very good.

Otis Redding and Wilson Pickett btw.

:lol:

"Can you do Johnny B. Goode by Marty McFly?"

Well that was a fun game :lol:

Tbf we played one of the most in form teams at the moment and were missing out midfield. We know we aint a top 6 side yet. I thought we'd get beat, not thrashed like but for all I dislike them, have to give Spurs credit. Dust off and look forward to the next game.

CT, you in this thread remind me of Alan Partrigde when he was questioned about music and said that his favourite band was Dire Straits..

"what's your favourite album?"

" Dire Straits greatest hits"

Last night was a blast in a way, lots of mags saying " aye 4 nowt on new years day at Southend was worse than this like..." We've been twatted like this before every season I've followed the club so am not too bothered. Only thing is we're away at Arsenal 2 weeks on Monday in the only game we've got before the mackems turn up. Pardew needs to have a word with himself and his defence. Not that the mackems will kill us with pace and we'll have Cabaye and Tiote back but still, he's getting it wrong away from home every fuckin time at the moment and it if it starts drifting in to our home form then the mackems will take full advantage.

Edited by PaddockLad

We tried 433/4231 for 3 games on the trot, with Ben Arfa, and we looked shite for all 3.

We dominated Fulham in that first half. We also played it against QPR after Ben Arfa came on and we improved that day.

We tried 433/4231 for 3 games on the trot, with Ben Arfa, and we looked shite for all 3.

We dominated Fulham in that first half. We also played it against QPR after Ben Arfa came on and we improved that day.

The Fulham game proved that you can't rely on one formation. We controlled the game, then Fulham switched it around and we did nothing to stop the midfield being overloaded.

Pardew is displaying naivety that a man of his experience should simply not be showing.

He's just tactically inept.

so inept that we're 6th in the league in fact

Pardew is displaying naivety that a man of his experience should simply not be showing.

He's just tactically inept.

so inept that we're 6th in the league in fact

He's obviously done very well for us, he's a great man manager. But not a good tactician by any stretch of the imagination.

we also got tonked in the 2nd half in case you forgot. And we looked very ordinary against a hopeless QPR team who are going down. Stop talking shite about 433 man, our full backs have been hammered every time we've tried it

He is like :lol: More astute than a lot in the league.

He lacks the ability to react to the way a game develops and change tactics accordingly. We obviously can't play the high line, yet Pardew continues to do it.

That's rubbish, Pardew is one of the few managers I can remember who seems able to change a system during the game. Robson was usually fairly poor at that tbf. Wait until 20 minutes before the end and stick on three subs. :lol:

we also got tonked in the 2nd half in case you forgot. And we looked very ordinary against a hopeless QPR team who are going down. Stop talking shite about 433 man, our full backs have been hammered every time we've tried it

I didn't forget it no. I was just disputing your drivel about us looking completely shite when the 4-3-3 was deployed.

We did, there's posts on here off the majority of posters saying the same, and we changed back to 442 at the first available opportunity. And Pardew is the one who is tactically inept?

Citing a 5-2 loss to Fulham as proof it works is genius mind

:lol:

He is like :lol: More astute than a lot in the league.

He lacks the ability to react to the way a game develops and change tactics accordingly. We obviously can't play the high line, yet Pardew continues to do it.

That's rubbish, Pardew is one of the few managers I can remember who seems able to change a system during the game. Robson was usually fairly poor at that tbf. Wait until 20 minutes before the end and stick on three subs. :lol:

Ok, I admit that "tactically inept" was harsh. Guess "tactically naive" is more suitable.

So when we put 3 past man u that must make fergie tactically naive? Or when man u put 8 past arsenal, Wenger hasn't got a clue?

Teams get beat by good teams sometimes. Get over it. Doesn't suddenly make Pardew a bad manager. We had Perch holding the midfield ffs, what were we expecting? Colo got murdered off Adebayor too. Is that Pardew fault?