Questions from a Spurs Fan

BigDub

• You all have had a great season thus far. Where in the table do you see Newcastle finishing? Do you have what it takes to finish about Arsenal, Liverpool, or even Chelsea?

We have had a great season. It makes you wonder how great it would have been if we'd have been a bit luckier with injuries (losing to Norwich away, WBA home and drawing nils each to Swansea during that period. I do think we have the quality to finish above Arsenal and Liverpool but think we'll be pipped by Arsenal in the end. 6th, 7th or 8th is more likely.

• Where do you see Spurs finishing this season?

3rd. Nailed on.

• It seems like many Newcastle fans questioned the hiring of Alan Pardew at first. What are your thoughts on him now?

Fair play to the man. He came in during a shit-storm and has come out of it looking very good. Seems to have introduced a new level of discipline to the players. Speaks well to the media and seems to have recovered from his infamous quote "Andy Carroll is going nowhere".

• What is your opinion of Harry Redknapp?

Personally don't like him one bit. Obviously doing a great job with Spurs but i don't like the way he goes about his business. Dirty tactics when talking about Demba Ba in Jan but loses the plot when the shoe is on the other foot (i.e Modric). P.S. He's not a f*ckin' wheela' deela'.

• Would you take Andy Carroll back at a reasonable price or have you moved on from him completely? Do you think he'll ever be able to regain his form at Liverpool?

Nope. That ship has sailed. All hail the boys from Senegal.

• Are you surprised at the team's form after losing Nolan, Carroll and Barton in a short space of time?

Yes but in hindsight losing such big egos from the dressing room and replacing them with players who want to play for each other is obviously a positive.

• How highly do you rate Tim Krul? Do you fear losing him in the summer?

Very highly. Will get much better too. Has kept us in a number of games this season! Yes I do fear losing him which is why its important we do everything to secure European football this season.

• Who is your favorite Newcastle player to watch play? Favorite Spurs player to watch?

Coloccini - a touch of class at the back. Is usually one step ahead of the opposition (and his back 4). Would be interesting to know how many of our goals conceded are down to him - it wouldn't be many at all.

Modric - his awareness of his surroundings is ridiculous. Always seems to know what to do 2 passes ahead of everyone else. One of the best midfielders around. Can't believe we didn't sign him when we had the chance (alledgedly).

• Who are your top transfer targets in the summer and how many pieces do you need to add to be a legitimate top 4 threat (if any)?

Jan Vertonghen (CB), Aly Cissokho (LB), Hugo Rodallega (if Wigan go down.) We need to strengthen the squad rather than the first XI. I believe our best XI would go toe-to-toe with everyone in the league and could beat them on their day.

• Finally, what is your prediction for the match? Who scores?

Ba to score first, Spurs to equalise on the stroke of half time (Bale). Spurs to score two in the last 15 mins (Adebayor and Bale). 3-1 Spurs.

What is it with fans of other clubs asking us what we think of their managers? Hope this lad doesn't make the same mistake as that Dippers fan did who asked us what we thought of Dalglish. :lol:

Perhaps the the Spurs kid can come back on and answer some of our questions after we've answered some of his?

1. What do you really think of NUFC?

2. Do you think Spurs are now part of the elite clubs in this country for the foreseeble future?

3. If Redknapp goes what will happen with your club?

4. What is your prediction for the match?

5. We've gave you a few scuddings in the past, does beating us give you that extra bit of satisfaction?

6. Rank these clubs in order of history, importance, potential;

Newcastle Utd, Aston Villa, Everton, Spurs, Man City, Sunderland, Chelsea.

7. Why are there no tube stations closer to White Hart Lane than Seven Sisters? (And do you still have little gangs of hoolies trying to pick off away fans on the long walk?)

8. Do you ever see a PL where the UEFA fair play rules makes it a more even battle?

9. How would you see Spurs and NUFC getting on if 8. happened?

10. Were you at White Hart Lane for our cup game in '87?

11. Do you feel the media look kindly on your club? Do you think they do with NUFC?

12. Any memorable games with NUFC home & away stand out, incidents etc?

Some stuff about Spurs for our new friend to chew over:

Harrys window.

1st January:" extremely unlikely we will be doing any business in this window. I'lll stick with what I have" Deadline: Signs Louis Saha, Ryan Nelsen; makes loan bid for Mauro Zárate, Marseille claim an enormous bid for Loic Rémy; sells Roman Pavlyuchenko; loans out Sébastien Bassong, Stephen Pienaar, John Bostock and Vedran Corluka

£27m: Public money now committed to keeping Spurs in Tottenham – £9m from Haringey council, plus £18m from Londons riot-recovery fund.

£2.7bn: Tax-exile Spurs owner Joe Lewis's fortune, partly from currency trades in 1992 which helped push the pound out of the ERM and cost the Treasury £3.3bn. Spurs, controlled by offshore Enic, are "delighted by the mayor and the council … We always said we could only invest in this area if our commitment was supported by others

From the Observer's "said and done" column.

Edited by PaddockLad

So what, Rob?

London getting looked after by their own. Nothing new. Hope they get their man in the England job and watch the hacks squirm as they fight tooth and nail to suppress the natural urge to slaughter an England manager with the gentleman's agreement they have with 'arry to be nice to each other.

Big Dub!

Can you ask one of your mates on your website who Sanson is? Is he the ex-Arsenal and one season waster we had at St. James' Park in the late eighties?

Anyway, whoever he is according to your pal, Bale is going to skin him and Simpson, (or is it Wilson?), on the weekend.

So what, Rob? London getting looked after by their own. Nothing new. Hope they get their man in the England job and watch the hacks squirm as they fight tooth and nail to suppress the natural urge to slaughter an England manager with the gentleman's agreement they have with 'arry to be nice to each other.

If only Londoners saw themselves as the rest of the country does mate. They'll destroy him too if he's appointed and hings go tits up. Well, the half dozen of them who dont support West Ham will.

What is it with fans of other clubs asking us what we think of their managers? Hope this lad doesn't make the same mistake as that Dippers fan did who asked us what we thought of Dalglish. :lol:

Everyone has an opinion on Harry it seems. Suppose we are just looking for that odd one who actually likes him!

:D

1. What do you really think of NUFC?

Newcastle are a big club, there really isn't any way around that. Good history, great support. Not much more to say. Two of my closest mates support Newcastle, so I get to hear quite often how great of a club it really is. To be fair, i've been massively impressed by you lot this season. You've played some really complete games this season, with both defense and attack lining up well. Ba needs no explanation and Coloccini (sp?) has really shown his class at times. All in all, would love to see you finish as high as possible without passing us.

2. Do you think Spurs are now part of the elite clubs in this country for the foreseeble future?

We are one of the top clubs in the country, but it's a bit premature to call us elite particularly with the current situation with Harry and England. We have players that could walk into just about any side in Europe, bar Spain's big 2, in Bale, Modric, even van der Vaart. Our current form suggests we are a serious contenders for more than just a CL place. The morale amongst the players has to be high given our current form (though, again, the Harry thing makes it tricky). But at the end of the day it is still Spurs we are talking about, bottlers and all. I've taken this season one day at a time. The better we play, the more happy and surprised I get, but I always think it is important to keep realistic expectations. Things are great now, but that can all change in one days time. Regardless, it has been an incredible season so far.

3. If Redknapp goes what will happen with your club?

We'd hire someone to replace him, i'd imagine. In all seriousness, though, no one man is bigger than the club, and that includes Harry. There is no denying what he has brought to Spurs. We were in the basement when he took over, and now we are coming down the stretch still within striking distance of first. He will be loved by Spurs fans for that alone. However, if he does leave for England it is hard to say what sort of impact it will have at the club. It really depends on who we hire to replace him. Levy has a lot invested in this current side and would work his tail off to bring in a top replacement. Keeping Bale, Modric, etc. will be top priority.

4. What is your prediction for the match?

We are tough to beat at home, where we have shown a great willingness to score goals. Our defense has also greatly improved, as evidenced by our display at Anfield. We do have some fitness questions in Lennon, VDV, Defoe, Kaboul, but if King plays that will be a big boost. That said, I still see you all scoring at least 1. I'll say 3-1 with goals from Bale, Adebayor, Modric, and Ba.

5. We've gave you a few scuddings in the past, does beating us give you that extra bit of satisfaction?

Absolutely. Newcastle has been somewhat of a bogey team for us, that is true. Any time you beat a big club, especially one who currently sits fifth in the table, you're going to get that extra bit of satisfaction.

I'll get to the rest when I find some more time. Got to actually work when you're at work, or so i'm told.

Edited by BigDub

Nice. Spuds fans took the Redknapp evaluation better than expected, considering the scousers response.

Good stuff BD pretty honest responses.

Slightly different to the response on RAWK.

1. Honestly, i see us finishing 6th. When we get Tiote and Cabaye bcak we can beat anyone.

2. Definitely 3rd. You wont finsih above Man U or Man C but you'll be igher than Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal and us.

3. Love the man! He doesnt just go with the consensus choice, he takes time to thinks about things and it tends to work. He also has us playing nicer football whcih is always nice.

4. Great manager, should get the england job. He would do a good job with them! Bit of a nobhead though.

5. Depends on the price but we have 2 strikers that are better than him so i would have to be a low price. Also doesnt fit with our style of play.

6. Yes very suprised.

7. Best keeper in the league imo.

8. Yohan Cabaye and Luca Modric

9. We could do with a better RB but after that its mainly depth that we need.

10. 4-2 Cisse (2) and Bale (2), Adebayor (1) and Saha (1)

it's a good idea that, but god knows who of us would be diplomatic enough to do the same sort of thing

I can think of only one man to do it.

Stevie, get your Mug-sensors on and start righting some wrongs!