Mick McCarthy

@yourservice

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if we lose 5-1 at home to Sunderland, would be a forgone conclusion we'd be sacking the manager. Was inevitable. It would be a perfect step up for Clarkie on his logical path to become Newcastle manager, although the Wolves people are general pragmatic and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Megson, Grayson or Warnock are mentioned.

Imagine if we lose 5-1 at home to Sunderland, would be a forgone conclusion we'd be sacking the manager. Was inevitable. It would be a perfect step up for Clarkie on his logical path to become Newcastle manager, although the Wolves people are general pragmatic and I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Megson, Grayson or Warnock are mentioned.

Graysons a good shout there I think

oh...shit. SSN. Always liked Mick, just hope this doesn't put a rocket up Wolves' arse for toon game

Of course it will.. The new manager effect always does.

You mean like when we beat QPR a few games ago?

A game they started well in. Better than us for a while.

I didn't say I expect them to beat us but you usually see a psotive start by sides with new managers.

I've always liked him me, straight talking and honest. All you want from a bloke, I feel the same about Peter Reid, in fact Roy Keane is the only ex Sunderland manager I genuinely can't stand.

Guest CabayeAye

I've always liked him me, straight talking and honest. All you want from a bloke, I feel the same about Peter Reid, in fact Roy Keane is the only ex Sunderland manager I genuinely can't stand.

Steve Bruce? Niall Quinn? Both utter cunts like.

Steve Bruce? Niall Quinn? Both utter cunts like.

Niall Quinn is a lovely bloke, comes across as the epitome of a well brought up gentleman. Bruce he's a geordie he managed the mackems, he turned us down allegedly in 2004, but he's not a cunt, all he did as Sunderland manager was stick up for his employers as anyone would do.

Bruce he's a geordie he managed the mackems, he turned us down allegedly in 2004, but he's not a cunt, all he did as Sunderland manager was stick up for his employers as anyone would do.

Always thought Steve Bruce was too tragic to hate in all, he looks very unfortunate for a start.

Didn't particularly care for Mick when he was Ireland manager but have warmed to him over time. Feel sorry for him as he was doing a decent job with a not very good team. The players he actually spent money on (Roger Johnson, O'Hara, Doyle etc) were decent even if he did pay over the odds at times. Don't imagine they'll get a manager who would do a much better job with the squad.

Don't understand the 'utter cunt' comment about Niall Quinn. Everything I've ever seen about him suggests he's a good bloke, and he's been more of a credit to SAFC than wor Derek. Mick McCarthy also strikes me as sound, although I think his level as a manager is the championship.

On the other hand I can't bring myself to like Steve Bruce, but that's dated from his Man Utd days onwards.

Guest CabayeAye

Don't understand the 'utter cunt' comment about Niall Quinn. Everything I've ever seen about him suggests he's a good bloke, and he's been more of a credit to SAFC than wor Derek. Mick McCarthy also strikes me as sound, although I think his level as a manager is the championship.

On the other hand I can't bring myself to like Steve Bruce, but that's dated from his Man Utd days onwards.

I had Quinn down as a drink driving IRA supporter TBF. Correct me if I am wrong.