Mick McCarthy

@yourservice

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand the 'utter cunt' comment about Niall Quinn. Everything I've ever seen about him suggests he's a good bloke, and he's been more of a credit to SAFC than wor Derek. Mick McCarthy also strikes me as sound, although I think his level as a manager is the championship.

On the other hand I can't bring myself to like Steve Bruce, but that's dated from his Man Utd days onwards.

I had Quinn down as a drink driving IRA supporter TBF. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hadn't heard anything about NQ being an "IRA supporter". I'd need to know a lot more about that before forming a judgement. There's a world of difference between being a sympathiser with the IRA's ultimate objectives and a supporter. I expect most Irishmen support a united Ireland but not the violence. Similarly I don't condone drink driving, but there's an element of 'glasshouses' about that for some people, including myself when I was younger. tbh he's always struck me as a decent sort of bloke, I don't know him personally obviously.

Edited by Kitman

Don't understand the 'utter cunt' comment about Niall Quinn. Everything I've ever seen about him suggests he's a good bloke, and he's been more of a credit to SAFC than wor Derek. Mick McCarthy also strikes me as sound, although I think his level as a manager is the championship.

On the other hand I can't bring myself to like Steve Bruce, but that's dated from his Man Utd days onwards.

I had Quinn down as a drink driving IRA supporter TBF. Correct me if I am wrong.

Why? Because he's Irish?

Don't think MicMac has the CV for it, so would cut a Mike Bassett kind of figure. Plus he's not Harry Redknapp so the media would be against him from the start imo.

That's a good point about the media kitman, i agree with that.

Surely he should at least be in list of candidates to make it to interview. A world cup with Mick would guarantee the quarters for us and that alone would be success.

He's done wonders with Adam Hamill and Jamie O'Hara.

Don't think MicMac has the CV for it, so would cut a Mike Bassett kind of figure. Plus he's not Harry Redknapp so the media would be against him from the start imo.

Surely he should at least be in list of candidates to make it to interview. A world cup with Mick would guarantee the quarters for us and that alone would be success.

There's an awful lot of European teams in this World Cup.

I don't think the failed Wolves manager is going to make the list frankly. Nice to know he has a fan though.

There's an awful lot of European teams in this World Cup.

Mick is an appointment for the future. He comes from my school of football.

He also has international experience and a lot of it!

Mick is an appointment for the future. He comes from my school of football.

He also has international experience and a lot of it!

What are you getting out of this, you freak?

All he can eat cheesy chips and an endless supply of blue pop paid for from the collective dole money of the rest of the mutants in the library with him.