Mick McCarthy

@yourservice

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacked.

wolves supporter we were chatting to few months ago when we were down there, says the opinion is that he's taken them as far as he can.

Unfortunately, the days of Stan Cullis are long gone, I don't know how big a club Wolves think they are.

Don't dislike them though, good fans, good town/city,good ground in the city centre, good away trip all round.

Sacked.

wolves supporter we were chatting to few months ago when we were down there, says the opinion is that he's taken them as far as he can.

Unfortunately, the days of Stan Cullis are long gone, I don't know how big a club Wolves think they are.

Don't dislike them though, good fans, good town/city,good ground in the city centre, good away trip all round.

Aye, wonderful climate, glorious architecture, amazing beaches etc etc

See Wolverhampton & die, as the saying goes

Awful fucking place, basically brummies but more aggressive. They're overachieving having three seasons in this division in my view. Hope they go down. Steve Bull is a cunt too.

I remember when Bull was getting in the England squad and they came up to our place. It was 0-0 at half time and my old man was telling everyone that Bull looked shit and there was no way he should go to Italia 90. He came out and scored 4 second half. Cunt indeed.

Awful fucking place, basically brummies but more aggressive. They're overachieving having three seasons in this division in my view. Hope they go down. Steve Bull is a cunt too.

I remember when Bull was getting in the England squad and they came up to our place. It was 0-0 at half time and my old man was telling everyone that Bull looked shit and there was no way he should go to Italia 90. He came out and scored 4 second half. Cunt indeed.

Aye, and Brock scored a free kick, he took about 500 in his toon career and scored two, one when we're 0-3 down at home to Wolves with 5 mins left, and the other in the AIC.

Edited by McFaul

Aye, and Brock scored a free kick, he took about 500 in his toon career and scored two, one when we're 0-3 down at home to Wolves with 5 mins left, and the other in the AIC.

New Year's Day 1990; when it was given, bloke behind me in Milburn Gallowgate side shouted "let Fereday take it; he's not kicked the ball yet."

Ando missed a penalty at 0-0? Or was that Leicester & McGhee missed that day?

New Year's Day 1990; when it was given, bloke behind me in Milburn Gallowgate side shouted "let Fereday take it; he's not kicked the ball yet."

I can't remember but I remember Mick Quinn's against Bradford that hit the scoreboard. He used to turn round spit at the ground and score normally, this time though he put it 30 yards over the bar.

I can't remember but I remember Mick Quinn's against Bradford that hit the scoreboard. He used to turn round spit at the ground and score normally, this time though he put it 30 yards over the bar.

Mark McGhee made it all alright that day though.....

My mate Dave left that game early & missed the goal. At Blackburn cup game, he took his 6 yr old bairn who started mithering to go early in 2nd half & he cleared off just before Ben Arfa's goal; there's a lesson in there for him.....

Mick Quinn missed it. I remember because he looked across to the stand where I was just before he took it and I was convinced he was looking at me. He wasn't like, but being 9 you're naive as fuck.

Joking aside, regardless of Bruce's credentials of the past, what O'Neil is doing at the mackems is making bagpuss's stock plummet with every game. If I were a Wolves fan and they put in Bruce I'd be fucking livid, and more importantly, if I was a player I'd be massively underwhelmed/checking my contract/contacting my agent..

Joking aside, regardless of Bruce's credentials of the past, what O'Neil is doing at the mackems is making bagpuss's stock plummet with every game. If I were a Wolves fan and they put in Bruce I'd be fucking livid, and more importantly, if I was a player I'd be massively underwhelmed/checking my contract/contacting my agent..

Same thing happened here when we appointed Pardiola. Its hard to say how things will work out.

• 6 years later...

:lol:

“That was brilliant!"

“Dave Bowman was my chief scout – he works at Ipswich and worked with Ireland as well. He had a car for two years, leased it. He looks after it so I said, ‘I’ll buy that, it looks good,’ He said, ‘Okay the garage is up in Sunderland.“

“So I jump on the train on the Monday morning (in late April) and they’ve sacked Chris Coleman the night before.“

“So I’m sat in this carriage, there is nobody else in it and the cleaner comes in. He’s walking towards me and he sees me.“

“He walks past and goes to the next carriage. Then he comes back and has another look and goes, ‘You’re Mick McCarthy aren’t you?“

“I said, ‘I am yes.’ He goes, ‘You’re going to get the Sunderland job aren’t you?’ I said, ‘I’m not’. He said, ‘I don’t believe you.’

“I said, ‘I’m going to buy a car, I’ve got to get the train up.’ He said, ‘I don’t believe you.’ I was, ‘Okay, then don’t believe me.’

“So he goes back out and then comes back in, and it’s ‘Anyway, I’ve had 100 quid on you at 11-1’.”