Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

Remember Celtic fans going ballistic when we were given a penalty so Shearer could come on and score the winner in his testimonial btw :lol:

I don't recall that being the case; I do recall that for Beardsley's testimonial in 1999

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-2 in Summer 2004, under Souness (August 1st actually)

That's the one

We had Steve Harper up front for one of them and I'm fair sure he got an assist. :lol:

or an assist to an assist...

:lol: They beat us recently and promptly had a wankfest, totally discounting the fact we'd only just been promoted and Arsenal smashed them 3-0 a few week later.

Who is "they;" Celtic or Rangers?

Remember Celtic fans going ballistic when we were given a penalty so Shearer could come on and score the winner in his testimonial btw :lol:

I don't recall that being the case; I do recall that for Beardsley's testimonial in 1999

Happened at Shearer's since he couldn't play the ref give us a penalty at 1-1 so he could come on and score. The Celtic lot weren't pleased and never shut up about it for a while after.

Who is "they;" Celtic or Rangers?

Ranger's

Edited by Howay

From www.nufc.com

Magpies @ The 'Gers:

1894/95 lost 2-5 FR Milne 2*

1900/01 lost 1-3 FR Macfarlane

1901/02 won 5-0 FR Peddie 2, McColl 2, Orr**

1902/03 lost 1-3 FR McColl

1902/03 drew 2-2 FR Rutherford, Templeton

1903/04 lost 0-2 FR No scorer

1906/07 lost 0-3 FR No scorer

1908/09 won 4-2 FR Duncan Veitch, Higgins, Howie

1920/21 drew 0-0 FR No scorer

1921/22 drew 1-1 FR Harris

1924/25 lost 0-1 FR No scorer

1932/33 lost 1-4 FR Weaver

1945/46 lost 2-3 FR Milburn, Wayman

1968/69 drew 0-0 FC

1993/94 won 2-1 FR Cole, Sellars

2010/11 lost 1-2 Lovenkrands

Happened at Shearer's since he couldn't play the ref give us a penalty at 1-1 so he could come on and score. The Celtic lot weren't pleased and never shut up about it for a while after.

It was 2-2 when Shearer came on

Point still stands.

not my recollection of events i must say & having corrected you on several points of detail, i think i'll continue to trust my memory on this one if you don't mind

You're wrong.

Clearly this is a sore subject for you.

Edited by Howay

Point still stands.

not my recollection of events i must say & having corrected you on several points of detail, i think i'll continue to trust my memory on this one if you don't mind

You're wrong.

Clearly this is a sore subject for you.

well you said newcastle had beaten rangers (or ranger's as you put it) 4-1 under roeder, when it was actually 4-2 under souness.

then you said shearer scored a penalty at 1-1 when it was actually 2-2.

that's a lot of errors.

i'm just interested in the truth you see

well you said newcastle had beaten rangers (or ranger's as you put it) 4-1 under roeder, when it was actually 4-2 under souness.

then you said shearer scored a penalty at 1-1 when it was actually 2-2.

that's a lot of errors.

i'm just interested in the truth you see

We were both wrong, I mixed Celtic and Rangers up as Alex pointed out.

I was correct it was a draw when Shearer come on, I'm not looking up my points on the internet as you've been doing such as with the list of Newcastle v Rangers matches. Anyway I know the argument's I've had with Celtic fans over it, you may have had a different experience.

I can remember someone posting a link to a Celtic forum where they were claiming it was unfair on the fans that went down to give Shearer the late penalty.

Betfair were taking bets on the game too so fans were kicking off on their forum too.

I can remember someone posting a link to a Celtic forum where they were claiming it was unfair on the fans that went down to give Shearer the late penalty.

Betfair were taking bets on the game too so fans were kicking off on their forum too.

But "kicking off" on a forum is outside of the ground surely?

Where did I say "kicking off"? and where did I mention it was in or around the ground?

Where did I say "kicking off"? and where did I mention it was in or around the ground?

you didn't - that post is a reply to Baggio, not you

I didn't go to the Shearer one as I thought his last couple of seasons were a bit of a piss-take. I regretted it a bit later tbh. The Celtic fans were proper arseholes before, during and after Beardsley's farewell match though. I can vouch for that :razz:

I didn't go to the Shearer one as I thought his last couple of seasons were a bit of a piss-take. I regretted it a bit later tbh. The Celtic fans were proper arseholes before, during and after Beardsley's farewell match though. I can vouch for that :razz:

That was why I gave the 04 tournament a wide berth (actually at Sala 1 Slovan Bratislava 0 that day), as well as the 07 game (Albion Rovers 0 Partick Thistle 3 had my attendance same night), though I did go to Shearer's testimonial (instead of Christy Moore at The Sage same night).

Celtic fans fan better behaved at Shearer game than Beardsley's - though wouldn't want either set of rogues here regularly.

Well fucked like. Been reading a few things about the whole mess. As said, HMRC want their cash and rightly so. Won't accept pennies in pound as don't want to set a president. Widely expected that receivers will go in and club will be liquidated.

I've not paid a huge amount of interest to the political and historical nature of the club, doesn't make good reading though.

Point still stands.

i was at shearers test and he came on as a late sub to score a pen with the score at 2-2.....a celtic fan behind us was doing his nut ....was very funny