Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

Read the Bears Den for a flavour of your projected image mate.

That said Stevie (McFaul), isn't the brightest and his rants tend to be based on nowt but his own hot air.

My Grandfather was a ST holder at RFC btw, me though, I do take issue with the OF stitch up of Scottish football and how the league totally sucks because of it.

I don't mind anyone saying I'm not the brightest, not you though, I have more qualifications than you, and a better understanding of football than you. You're an irrelevant old noise. I'm not surprised your blood is seeped in bigotry to be honest neither.

Dougie I said your club is scummy because throughout history it has been as scummy a club as you could possibly think of. For 100 years the club policy was like apartheid in South Africa. In Johanesburg it was "no blacks", in Govan it was "no fenians". It beggars belief that was a club policy and even then when people in your organisation try to defend it, it's mentioned as "upholding traditions". Added to that Rangers are THE ONLY club in European football history to win an European trophy and not be presented with it in the stadium, due to the behaviour of them in the stands. The biggest riot in the history of North East football involved Newcastle and RANGERS fans in 1969, and the less said about Manchester in 2008 the better. That is why I believe you are a scummy club, and don't get me wrong Celtic are no better with their terrorist pish, and the pair of yous pass the bigotry which still exists as being affectionately done by the "90 minute bigot". Imagine if there was clubs who had 90 minute racists, I don't see the difference personally.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind anyone saying I'm not the brightest, not you though, I have more qualifications than you, and a better understanding of football than you. You're an irrelevant old noise. I'm not surprised your blood is seeped in bigotry to be honest neither.

Dougie I said your club is scummy because throughout history it has been as scummy a club as you could possibly think of. For 100 years the club policy was like apartheid in South Africa. In Johanesburg it was "no blacks", in Govan it was "no fenians". It beggars belief that was a club policy and even then when people in your organisation try to defend it, it's mentioned as "upholding traditions". Added to that Rangers are THE ONLY club in European football history to win an European trophy and not be presented with it in the stadium, due to the behaviour of them in the stands. The biggest riot in the history of North East football involved Newcastle and RANGERS fans in 1969, and the less said about Manchester in 2008 the better. That is why I believe you are a scummy club, and don't get me wrong Celtic are no better with their terrorist pish, and the pair of yous pass the bigotry which still exists as being affectionately done by the "90 minute bigot". Imagine if there was clubs who had 90 minute racists, I don't see the difference personally.

The 'no Catholics' thing for 100 years is rubbish; between the end of World War II and the late 80s, we only signed about 5 Catholics. Plus, bear in mind that a) at that time, Scottish society had general sectarian problems, and B) Celtic had a stranglehold over the Catholic schools, and therefore the Catholic players. However, that's not to excuse it.

Having said that, now it's really not an issue. We've had a Catholic captain, a Catholic manager, Catholic directors....modern day Rangers accepts all. It's important to remember that we're a modern day football club, as opposed to a historical relic.

ECWC Final 1972, may I remind you that it was Franco's police patrolling the Camp Nou? They were hardly going to be reasonable.

Manchester, I don't really have much to say. Poor policing (for example, switching off a big screen for no reason), but, as ever, it was a case of the minority letting down the majority.

90 minute bigot? Look, if Celtic were founded by clowns, we'd make fun of clowns. It's a convenient language of abuse that very rarely goes outside the grounds. Any statistical measure will show you that Catholics are not discriminated against in modern day Scotland.

The 'no Catholics' thing for 100 years is rubbish; between the end of World War II and the late 80s, we only signed about 5 Catholics. Plus, bear in mind that a) at that time, Scottish society had general sectarian problems, and B) Celtic had a stranglehold over the Catholic schools, and therefore the Catholic players. However, that's not to excuse it.

Having said that, now it's really not an issue. We've had a Catholic captain, a Catholic manager, Catholic directors....modern day Rangers accepts all. It's important to remember that we're a modern day football club, as opposed to a historical relic.

ECWC Final 1972, may I remind you that it was Franco's police patrolling the Camp Nou? They were hardly going to be reasonable.

Manchester, I don't really have much to say. Poor policing (for example, switching off a big screen for no reason), but, as ever, it was a case of the minority letting down the majority.

90 minute bigot? Look, if Celtic were founded by clowns, we'd make fun of clowns. It's a convenient language of abuse that very rarely goes outside the grounds. Any statistical measure will show you that Catholics are not discriminated against in modern day Scotland.

The first paragraph, I'm sorry like but you're not fooling anybody there. I remember when Maurice Johnston signed for Rangers, the BBC had camera's there and people were burning their season tickets, a few probably slipped through the net though. There was even allegations that SAF felt ostracised because his wife was catholic something which to be fair he refutes in his autobiography, but even the fact that it's believable speaks volumes. The rest - poor defence really, but anyway I've illustrated why historically you are a scummy club, you've blamed someone else three times there. Aye Franco what a horrible cunt making Rangers fans behave like that.

The first paragraph, I'm sorry like but you're not fooling anybody there. I remember when Maurice Johnston signed for Rangers, the BBC had camera's there and people were burning their season tickets, a few probably slipped through the net though. There was even allegations that SAF felt ostracised because his wife was catholic something which to be fair he refutes in his autobiography, but even the fact that it's believable speaks volumes. The rest - poor defence really, but anyway I've illustrated why historically you are a scummy club, you've blamed someone else three times there. Aye Franco what a horrible cunt making Rangers fans behave like that.

How am I trying to fool people? I'm not denying there have been genuine problems with anti-Catholicism in the past, but nowadays it's just a convenient language of abuse, if anything.

Who else have I shifted the blame to? Policing in Manchester wasn't the greatest, but the actions of some fans was inexcusable. Same story with 1972.

Can you not separate the idiotic minority from the decent majority?

How am I trying to fool people? I'm not denying there have been genuine problems with anti-Catholicism in the past, but nowadays it's just a convenient language of abuse, if anything.

Who else have I shifted the blame to? Policing in Manchester wasn't the greatest, but the actions of some fans was inexcusable. Same story with 1972.

The thing is it's the minority isn't that small. 9 British teams have been in European finals in the last two decades with only one episode like Manchester. Amazing you've apportioned blame on the police tbh, anyway you asked me why I perceive you as scummy, and I've given you a fair answer I think.

The thing is it's the minority isn't that small. 9 British teams have been in European finals in the last two decades with only one episode like Manchester. Amazing you've apportioned blame on the police tbh, anyway you asked me why I perceive you as scummy, and I've given you a fair answer I think.

In the grand scheme of things, it is. Entire communities follow the club; is it really logical to say an entire community is scummy?

As for the police, I'm only giving them a small part of the blame. The police report confirmed that they turned off the big screen in one of the biggest fan zones in Manchester just minutes before the biggest match in the club's history. How on earth can you say that that's a smart move? Again, I'm not 'blaming' the police, I'm just saying that they could have handled it better.

If you still think we're scummy, best thing you could do is come up for a game with a mate and judge the reality :)

I am rationalising not defending dimwit

The differences are minimal despite the HUGE variance in money/number of clubs involved.

Anyway not starting a "new" circular argument with you, you're not worth the wear and tear on my fingertips.

nothing new there, nothing learned. Next.

and what about 1969 ?

The "seperate the idiotic minority from the decent majority" is the same old excuse. What is important is the size of the "idiotic minority" which can and does cause a lot of damage.

Down here in England, a lot of people, in fact the "decent majority" see the whole footballing situation in Glasgow as being completely driven by bigotry, and a huge amount of drunken idiots who come down here whenever their teams play down here.

and what about 1969 ?

The "seperate the idiotic minority from the decent majority" is the same old excuse. What is important is the size of the "idiotic minority" which can and does cause a lot of damage.

Down here in England, a lot of people, in fact the "decent majority" see the whole footballing situation in Glasgow as being completely driven by bigotry, and a huge amount of drunken idiots who come down here whenever their teams play down here.

1969 I genuinely know nothing about outwith this thread. If anyone wants to enlighten me, then feel free.

'Driven by bigotry' is a bit of a joke really, but it's the stereotype of life up here. The truth is that nobody really cares about it anymore. As I said to the guy above, if you came up here with a mate for the weekend and took in a match, you could see for yourself what it's like.

You know sod all about the game man, you're a loudmouth uber Geordie (of the worst sort) skyboy.

are you sure on the qualifications btw ? Your Ronald says I can make his burgers certificate doesn't count

Anyway, bet I've got more air miles than you although I will conced the gambling debt magnitude in your favour

If Newcastle was 50 miles further north and NUFC were playing in the SPL, would you not still support them? Just because the league is shit doesn't mean that people shouldn't care about their hometown team.

of course, but that is not my point.

However, people from all over Scotland don't necessarily support their hometown team, they support either Rangers or Celtic. That's not supporting your hometown team. The town [or city because it has a cathedral and is therefore in fact a city however small it is] that I referred to earlier is Brechin. The majority in the town support Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen.

of course, but that is not my point.

However, people from all over Scotland don't necessarily support their hometown team, they support either Rangers or Celtic. That's not supporting your hometown team. The town [or city because it has a cathedral and is therefore in fact a city however small it is] that I referred to earlier is Brechin. The majority in the town support Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen.

Regardless, once you pick a team, you stick with it.

1969 I genuinely know nothing about outwith this thread. If anyone wants to enlighten me, then feel free.

'Driven by bigotry' is a bit of a joke really, but it's the stereotype of life up here. The truth is that nobody really cares about it anymore. As I said to the guy above, if you came up here with a mate for the weekend and took in a match, you could see for yourself what it's like.

I was there

http://www.ovguide.com/1969-inter-cities-fairs-cup-semi-final-riots-9202a8c04000641f800000001776ada9#

You know sod all about the game man, you're a loudmouth uber Geordie (of the worst sort) skyboy.

are you sure on the qualifications btw ? Your Ronald says I can make his burgers certificate doesn't count

Anyway, bet I've got more air miles than you although I will conced the gambling debt magnitude in your favour

I've got to say here, that there are several people on here - and other forums - who know nothing about the game and NUFC. You may think you know about the game, but I've yet to see you post much about football. Everything you post is finance orientated, beginning with your current signature and utter self delusion that it portrays, which you have always typified.

Whereas Stevie is one of the people who, even if I now and again don't agree with him, certainly posts about football and shows he has genuine knowledge of football and Newcastle United.

but it isn't supporting your local team is it ?

Not necessarily, but who consciously decides to support a team? Who sits down and makes a list of pros and cons before making an informed decision? Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) have drawn support throughout all of Scotland for ages and will continue to do so in the future. Both are Scottish institutions.

Wow, pretty grim reading! Bunch of idiots, not going to defend that sort of thing.

Edited by dougiew

Not necessarily, but who consciously decides to support a team? Who sits down and makes a list of pros and cons before making an informed decision? Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) have drawn support throughout all of Scotland for ages and will continue to do so in the future. Both are Scottish institutions.

Wow, pretty grim reading! Bunch of idiots, not going to defend that sort of thing.

I understand your point about the support of the clubs. Nobody makes a decision by sitting down and deciding in that way, of course not. But kids will support the teams their family supports, or the local team, generally. They don't decide, they are brainwashed in a way, it is how they are brought up, or follow other kids at school. I used to live in Scarborough, and because they don't have a good league team, that wasn't even a league team for most of their lives, the vast majority of people support ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal or another major club, even though they are true Scarborians. It's the same thing, its the mentality of the town, they think they are genuine supporters and don't see anything wrong with it and see themselves as being true supporters of the clubs they "choose" just as much as someone who actually comes from the town or city in question.

When I moved there, I expected to find supporters of Scarborough and Leeds, but even though I have lived all over the UK I was surprised to find so many lads who "supported" ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal.

I said to a bloke once, when he said to me he "chose" Arsenal [for example], "why didn't you choose to support Torquay, or Bournemouth, or Bristol City" ? Point made I think.

Funny thing a number of years ago, was when a lad was in my local telling everybody how he had a ticket to go and see Newcastle because he was a Newcastle supporter. My mate said to him, pointing at me, "see him there, he sees them play 20 times a season, he's what you call a Newcastle supporter".

Edited by LeazesMag

Mate I've forgot more about football this week, than your accumulative football knowledge. You're a bluffer and comfortably the most clueless cunt I've seen on this board. Aye classic Skyfan me. I didn't miss a game from 1986 to 1992, including gates of 10004 against the likes of Oxford. I was born in the late 70's, you probably the late 30's and I could sit in a pub and run rings around you about football history and culture in the 60's and 70's, you old bastard. Why are you so bitter are you in a wheelchair or something.

I'd be interested to hear you on the "what do you sound like" thread. I bet you sound like a Yorkshire JR Hartley. Come back when you've been to a game in the last 10 years you most desperate of old bluffers.

I'm surprised about that given the fact it was your third best run in Europe ever, till we put you out in the Semi Final.

If you still think we're scummy, best thing you could do is come up for a game with a mate and judge the reality :)

I've been to Ibrox four times mate. Three times for football. The first was Ally McCoist's testimonial maybe 93, we won 2-1 it was alright, the second was for a tournament with Man Utd, yourselves and Sampdoria who won it. The last time I'll base on judging the reality. You may remember the game it was when you beat Celtic 5-1 Tore Andre Flo's debut 12 or 13 years ago? - I was in the upper tier of the Govan Stand right at the front near the half way line, the equivalent of the East Stand at Newcastle full of less volatile older supporters. Well that's what it appeared, but it was unbelievable. The noise levels were very good I've seen better at Newcastle though and other places, but if I had a quid for every time I heard the word taig or fenian bastard, I'd have been able to buy the trampy Stadium Bar we were in before kick off. Pure and utter bigotry, nothing playful about it at all.

I'm surprised about that given the fact it was your third best run in Europe ever, till we put you out in the Semi Final.

Wel we've made the CWC final three times and won it once, as well as being one match away from the European Cup Final twice, so it's debatable that the 1969 run is our third best effort. And that's not even mentioning 2008...

I've been to Ibrox four times mate. Three times for football. The first was Ally McCoist's testimonial maybe 93, we won 2-1 it was alright, the second was for a tournament with Man Utd, yourselves and Sampdoria who won it. The last time I'll base on judging the reality. You may remember the game it was when you beat Celtic 5-1 Tore Andre Flo's debut 12 or 13 years ago? - I was in the upper tier of the Govan Stand right at the front near the half way line, the equivalent of the East Stand at Newcastle full of less volatile older supporters. Well that's what it appeared, but it was unbelievable. The noise levels were very good I've seen better at Newcastle though and other places, but if I had a quid for every time I heard the word taig or fenian bastard, I'd have been able to buy the trampy Stadium Bar we were in before kick off. Pure and utter bigotry, nothing playful about it at all.

12 or 13 years ago, I'd have been 6/7, but I still remember that game :D

But as I've said before, you'll see a couple of guys going out for drinks on Friday night, scream all manner of bile at each other on the Saturday, then be in the pub having a laugh on the Sunday.

I have been to Ibrox six times. 5 of those was for Sunday Lunch mind.

Mate I've forgot more about football this week, than your accumulative football knowledge. You're a bluffer and comfortably the most clueless cunt I've seen on this board. Aye classic Skyfan me. I didn't miss a game from 1986 to 1992, including gates of 10004 against the likes of Oxford. I was born in the late 70's, you probably the late 30's and I could sit in a pub and run rings around you about football history and culture in the 60's and 70's, you old bastard. Why are you so bitter are you in a wheelchair or something.

I'd be interested to hear you on the "what do you sound like" thread. I bet you sound like a Yorkshire JR Hartley. Come back when you've been to a game in the last 10 years you most desperate of old bluffers.

Yet I (the clueless cunt) had to explain double contracts to you :D

p.s. been to loads of games in the last 10 years, just none in the last 7 btw.

p.p.s. LM - Finance is a huge aspect of the modern game and frankly of more interest to me than postulating over formations or who scored v Barnsley in 1973. In terms of "football posts" you probably miss them seeing you don't post for a couple of days when the teams done well, which was a lot last season.

Yet I (the clueless cunt) had to explain double contracts to you :D

p.s. been to loads of games in the last 10 years, just none in the last 7 btw.

p.p.s. LM - Finance is a huge aspect of the modern game and frankly of more interest to me than postulating over formations or who scored v Barnsley in 1973. In terms of "football posts" you probably miss them seeing you don't post for a couple of days when the teams done well, which was a lot last season.

You had to explain double contracts to more than just me, you geeky old Guardian reader. Paddocklad for one.

The fact football finance holds more interest to you than the actual game is so revealing it deserves making in to a signature. You don't really need to say anything else you just finished yourself.