Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

You had to explain double contracts to more than just me, you geeky old Guardian reader. Paddocklad for one.

The fact football finance holds more interest to you than the actual game is so revealing it deserves making in to a signature. You don't really need to say anything else you just finished yourself.

My post was to you and where did I say"holds more interest to you than the actual game".

The Guardian hahahahahahah wouldn't wipe my arse on it

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie vs Toonpack is like the Old Firm rivalry. Neither of them is gonna win anything worth having, and nobody but them gives a shit who does.

Stevie vs Toonpack is like the Old Firm rivalry. Neither of them is gonna win anything worth having, and nobody but them gives a shit who does.

:lol:

Well he's Rangers because he went metaphorically bust yesterday.

Who is LM then?

A fan. Specifically Rab C Nesbit.

JOKE!

LM is someone like Motherwell who can swing the balance in either of your favours by throwing up a funny result at an unexpected moment.

Everyone knows Celtic are lush and Rangers are cunts. Let this be the definitive word and let it end all arguments. I hope Rangers never grace the grounds of the SPL for many years to come.

Cheats, Liars, Debtors and Protestant. Wonderful combination

This public information notice was brought to you by someone who doen't really give a fuck.

A fuckin Jambo is a Hun in purple.

Don't be daft, the bigotry is long gone from Hearts/Hibs it is sadly still rampant in Glasgow (and Northern Ireland).

And it's maroon :tease:

This cunt is clueless :lol: to be fair it's all but gone from Hibs but Hearts fans remain the third bigots of Scottish football, hence why everyone calls them the wee huns.

Even many of their own fans (below) acknowledge they have a problem, but literally ANYONE with half a clue would know this, he'd have got away with it unchecked on skunkers. Talk about accountacy, and the financial times, not things you don't know about i.e. football and football culture.

http://www.hmfckickb...s-and-football/

Edited by McFaul

This cunt is clueless :lol: to be fair it's all but gone from Hibs but Hearts fans remain the third bigots of Scottish football, hence why everyone calls them the wee huns.

Even many of their own fans (below) acknowledge they have a problem, but literally ANYONE with half a clue would know this, he'd have got away with it unchecked on skunkers. Talk about accountacy, and the financial times, not things you don't know about i.e. football and football culture.

http://www.hmfckickb...s-and-football/

The fans condemn it, the problem as it is, most places excluding the OF is it's a very small minority. Shit there's still rascist stuff goes on at NUFC does that mean matchgowers are all rascists.

They get called the Wee Huns or equivalent becasue it get's them wound up because of the biggotted conotations, as a 17 in a row Celtic fan you shouldn't throw stones.

You spout shite

The fans condemn it, the problem as it is, most places excluding the OF is it's a very small minority. Shit there's still rascist stuff goes on at NUFC does that mean matchgowers are all rascists.

They get called the Wee Huns or equivalent becasue it get's them wound up because of the biggotted conotations, as a 17 in a row Celtic fan you shouldn't throw stones.

You spout shite

You spout shite

:lol: This post. Some sort of break down has occurred.

"Match gowers" :lol: David?

"Biggotted conotation" :lol:

I'm the thick one apparently, and he ends off by saying I'm a Celtic fan :lol: no one on here is more critical of Rangers and Celtic than me . My philosophy is if I don't know enough about a subject, I don't talk about it. My advice to you is don't talk about football, the level of your knowledge has been bitterly exposed three days running now.

Edited by McFaul

:lol: This post. Some sort of break down has occurred.

"Match gowers" :lol: David?

"Biggotted conotation" :lol:

I'm the thick one apparently, and he ends off by saying I'm a Celtic fan :lol: no one on here is more critical of Rangers and Celtic than me . My philosophy is if I don't know enough about a subject, I don't talk about it. My advice to you is don't talk about football, the level of your knowledge has been bitterly exposed three days running now.

As mince

Btw, what is football culture?

Yet I (the clueless cunt) had to explain double contracts to you :D

p.s. been to loads of games in the last 10 years, just none in the last 7 btw.

p.p.s. LM - Finance is a huge aspect of the modern game and frankly of more interest to me than postulating over formations or who scored v Barnsley in 1973. In terms of "football posts" you probably miss them seeing you don't post for a couple of days when the teams done well, which was a lot last season.

I've been to games for well over 40 years TP, and seen quite a lot of seasons a lot better than last season. So I understand what it takes to go higher, and I know limited ambition when I see it, it doesn't need to stare me in the face and remain blind to it.

Anyway, the point of competing in football is to play and compete at the highest levels possible and try to win these top competitions, rather than make profits for the owner to pocket and advertise his more important product. This is where you confuse football with the high street business.

Well done. I expect you will NEVER actually realise this, and success to you will continue to be survival in the premiership and a profit by selling our best players to the highest bidders and not backing the managers with the money.

This should not really need to be explained again. This last season will not be repeated unless he keeps his best players and adds to them with more quality. Do you think this will be done or not ie like Spurs have done, and we will match their league positions over a 5 year period accordingly, as you like to quote us as doing the same as Spurs ?

You spout shite

Wee Huns :lol:

I've been to games for well over 40 years TP, and seen quite a lot of seasons a lot better than last season. So I understand what it takes to go higher, and I know limited ambition when I see it, it doesn't need to stare me in the face and remain blind to it.

Anyway, the point of competing in football is to play and compete at the highest levels possible and try to win these top competitions, rather than make profits for the owner to pocket and advertise his more important product. This is where you confuse football with the high street business.

Well done. I expect you will NEVER actually realise this, and success to you will continue to be survival in the premiership and a profit by selling our best players to the highest bidders and not backing the managers with the money.

This should not really need to be explained again. This last season will not be repeated unless he keeps his best players and adds to them with more quality. Do you think this will be done or not ie like Spurs have done, and we will match their league positions over a 5 year period accordingly, as you like to quote us as doing the same as Spurs ?

Can't help yourself can you.

So what Rangers have done, and the consequences they will suffer, are perfectly fine ???

Yes or No

Can't help yourself can you.

So what Rangers have done, and the consequences they will suffer, are perfectly fine ???

Yes or No

I don't know what you mean, I'm telling you how long I've been watching NUFC because you told me I know nowt, and how I see football and the club as a result. Do you think that one season is proof of any good direction or the result of any decisions that you think are good decisions ? And I'm asking you what you think needs to be done next.

what consequences will Rangers suffer ?

I don't give a toss either way what happens to them or Scottish football to be honest, but you tell me what consequences they will suffer ?

I'm not going to reply to any of this, if you don't reply to me constructively in return by the way, as I've done to you, including my comments about Spurs as I consider this to be a constructive response, which both myself, you and others can get involved in like adults.

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't know what you mean, I'm telling you how long I've been watching NUFC because you told me I know nowt, and how I see football and the club as a result. Do you think that one season is proof of any good direction or the result of any decisions that you think are good decisions ? And I'm asking you what you think needs to be done next.

what consequences will Rangers suffer ?

I don't give a toss either way what happens to them or Scottish football to be honest, but you tell me what consequences they will suffer ?

I'm not going to reply to any of this, if you don't reply to me constructively in return by the way, as I've done to you, including my comments about Spurs as I consider this to be a constructive response, which both myself, you and others can get involved in like adults.

OK

Simply put, Spurs operate within their means and have been reasonably succesfull at it. We now operate within our means model and should hopefully also be succesfull at it.

That's how we are the same.

OK

Simply put, Spurs operate within their means and have been reasonably succesfull at it. We now operate within our means model and should hopefully also be succesfull at it.

That's how we are the same.

so, as our revenues are bigger than Spurs - or were - when are we going to match them by continuing to do things like they do ? Are we going to equal or better their league positions over a 5 year period, or is it only going to be for one year [almost] or are you going to continue to proclaim one year is proof of a progressive attitude and ambitions inside the club ?

You didn't answer what I asked you about Rangers by the way.

Tbf LM you are looking backwards in time about Spurs and expecting answers in the future on NUFC.

Please keep this to being about Rangers though eh.

so, as our revenues are bigger than Spurs - or were - when are we going to match them by continuing to do things like they do ? Are we going to equal or better their league positions over a 5 year period, or is it only going to be for one year [almost] or are you going to continue to proclaim one year is proof of a progressive attitude and ambitions inside the club ?

You didn't answer what I asked you about Rangers by the way.

Spurs - time will tell, but we are set up as good as we could be to match/outdo them.

Rangers, as you requested, sensible discussion please:

First off bit of background: Rangers plc is to be liquidated, cease to be, it will remain in admin for a while until the liquidators take over. Currently Rangers (Oldco) still owns the SFA registration and the SPL share, but it has no assetts and cannot trade. Newco "The Rangers Football Club" has bought the assetts (ground, training facilities) but has no players, players could TUPE accross if they want to but "newco" would have to honour their existing contracts, "newco" has no money. Can't sell season tickets etc because they don't know what division they'll be playing in. IF the players decline to TUPE, they'll be free agents.

To the pending possible sanctions:

Rangers have been liquidated by HMRC because during Craig Whyte's ownership, in order to keep up with their spend, they paid no VAT, Income Tax (which they did deduct but withheld) or NI to HMRC that was about £20 Mill. That broke SFA rules and an independant judicial panel was set up (chaired by a Judge). That found them guilty and imposed a £100K fine (the max permisable under the rules) they also imposed a transfer ban for 12 months on any player over 18. Stating they'd seriously considered expulsion, but that was thought to be to harsh at the other end of the scale they thought a cup ban way too lenient. So the panel found a "halfway house" in the transfer embargo.

In a spectacular "own goal" The administrators took the SFA to court (the real court not a sporting court) to appeal against the transfer embargo (not the verdict, just the penalty), thus breaking FIFA and UEFA "cardinal rules". The judge ruled in Rangers favour as the transfer embargo was not a penalty stated in the SFA rulebook. So the panel has to sit again to reconsider it's punishment, which MUST be within the rulebook, whilst UEFA and FIFA look on. They can't increase the fine as they've levied the max already, they've already stated a cup ban was too lenient so they are left with expulsion, or more likely a suspension. They can't make up a halfway house becasue the appeal Judge said penalty must be "by the book". FIFA threatened explusion of the Swiss FA from world football IF they didn't knack FC Scion for a similar thing. The SFA cannot be "lenient".

There's arguments around the football penalties in as much as do they apply to "newco", consensus seems the penalties are attached to the "club" and the SFA membership and if that's transferred to "newco" the penalties will follow. The SPL chairman has said previously a condition of any application to join the SPL by "newco" is conditional on the penalties being accepted, fans of other clubs are not holding their breath on that though.

Also a cup ban would be a huge let off, Dunfermline were banned from the Scottish Cup for an "admin error" which led to one inelligible player being fielded in a game.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23882815/

As an aside - Livingston FC went into liquidation for a single day but were then rescued, the SFA and SFL demoted them to the third division, it's widely rumoured they have a huge damages claim written up ready to serve IF "new" The Rangers got back into the SPL.

Dual Contracts: If proven (which seems likely) Rangers will have been guilty of fielding ineligible players over something like 20 years, the penalty for which is those games being recorded as a 3-0 loss, thus they'll lose all their titles and likely be open to claims from many other clubs (Porto - I think it was- have alreaady made noises over the UEFA cup semi final). If the big tax case goes against them, that will prove the double contracts and add about another £70 Mill onto what HMRC are going to "chase those involved" for - David Murray will not be sleeping well at night. (btw the Big Tax case is a Rangers appeal as HMRC have already sent them the bill, it's not a case deciding if there's a case to answer).

EBT list:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-18148818

SFA is between a rock and a hard place (all of Ranger making) there's 6 weeks until the start of the season and as it stands Rangers exists in two places - Oldco - fucked, Newco no players and no league or association membership.

All that said, most fans reckon there'll be a HUGE rug found to sweep everything under as many top people in the SFA/SFL are ex Gers, some of whom also had EBT's !!!

The taxman wont be so forgiving of the protagonists.

Check out Alex Thomson (C4 News blokey and Mag) on twitter and his blogs, he's been getting a REALLy hard time off the Glasgow press becasue he's been asking the hard questions.

Edit one of the base rules of gaining SFL membership for a "new club" is to produce 3 years audited accounts, newco "The Rangers" have existed since Friday.

The third division may be the BEST they can hope for. The new owner Charles Green (despised as an assett stripperwhen chairman at Sheff Utd) has already said "The Rangers" may play no football this year.

Edited by Toonpack