Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

is that the same people who say they won't go back for different reasons, and castigate the owner for it, time and time again, but do when the teams wins 2 or 3 games, kissing the owners arse when they do, and will then disappear again when they lose 2 or 3 games ?

Or those who are happy to see our best players sold and the manager not backed with the money ?

Edit.

Actually Renton, while I am proud of the clubs history, just like everyone else, maybe too many people these days make excuses about the club as it is now, ignoring what it takes to succeed in the present day and immediate future, and choose to hide behind the history in many ways ? What do you think ?

Having a proud history doesn't get you anywhere in the modern game, unfortunately.

I really couldn't disagree with you more. The heritage of NUFC is of paramount importance to me and I suspect most fans, not just of our club, but of all clubs. Take away the history, and you take away the club, full stop. Could you elaborate on why you think our once successful past makes us less likely to succeed in the present day? Genuinely baffling comment that to me. :ermm:

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really couldn't disagree with you more. The heritage of NUFC is of paramount importance to me and I suspect most fans, not just of our club, but of all clubs. Take away the history, and you take away the club, full stop. Could you elaborate on why you think our once successful past makes us less likely to succeed in the present day? Genuinely baffling comment that to me. :ermm:

Firstly, I never said i didn't care about the history of the club, or anything about being less likely to succeed. What I am saying, is that the past is gone, the future is what is important now, more than the past. In my/your lifetime, you want to see the club being successful, don't you ? so that makes the future more important than the past, or living in the past.

I thought people had accused me of living in the past ? The reverse is true, I look to the future and the long term all the time, I just see the lessons of the past and how things should be done from mistakes and relative success of the past and apply it to the present and future.

Lots of clubs have moved ground, for instance, our neighbours 12 miles down the road for one. My point is, whatever history they had [and they were the Bank of England club once] they moved on from the past and if any of their supporters clung to past memories, when the dust settled they accepted it and got on with it. They are still sunderland, they are still mackems, they hated copying the name of the stadium from the real SOL, but now they don't give a toss because they have got used to it and the younger supporters don't know any different anyway.

Newcastle supporters would do exactly the same, however much they protest. I've gave recent examples of occasions when people said they would not come back, including the recent stadium name change made among howls of protest but has now been disregarded if not forgotten about after the team won a few games, as soon as a team wins a few games, it is all forgotten. All supporters are the same. You make your history, not look back at it. You can't go against tradition any more than changing the name of SJP, yet nobody has stopped going in any numbers.

My responses in this thread are all based on the past myths peddled by people for their own reasons that the club would cease to exist if it had ever went into administration, this has always been scaremongering bollocks and nothing else. If NUFC were ever to have gone out of business, it would have happened in the early 1990's. If the club HAD gone into liquidation, a new club would have been borne and whatever you think of the history and however much you cherish it, it would not have stopped 99% of people from supporting the club again just like before once the dust had settled, and continuing to say we won the FA Cup 3 times in the 1950's etc etc.

The same applies to Rangers, now, which is the topic in question. You have added ammunition to the fact that they are not going to disappear, despite some people wishing it to be so and so convincing themselves that it will be. 50,000 supporters are not going to disappear, to suggest anything else is a load of crap.

Edited by LeazesMag

The first two players are trying to walk. It'll be interesting to see if any more follow.

Well despite the protestations of the owner of Sevco 5088, who reckons they all TUPE'd accross, that they can't walk. Unfortunately in the case of a liquidation, TUPE is voluntary and can be opted out, so the players could indeed quite legally walk.

Rangers CEO Charles Green added: "We are meeting the PFA Scotland and their legal advisers on Monday with a view to allaying players' concerns about the transfer of contracts so the timing of these announcements by players is hard to understand.

"The transfer of contracts has already happened and the club's clear legal advice is that players' purported objection is ineffective.

"Rangers would like to make it abundantly clear to players, agents and the chairmen and managers of other football clubs that we will take whatever steps necessary to challenge what we regard as a breach of contract to protect the interests of our club."

On the other hand if they haven't walked, under TUPE their existing contracts have to be honoured, those same contracts that the old company could only pay by witholding tax/NI and VAT,Sevco 5088 has (at Friday) no bank acount and no income as well as no football accreditation (that's still with the terminally ill Rangers 1872) so can't register players. Payday is next Tuesday

Interesting times. :D

And then of course, there's the Judge:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-18549293

If he aint happy with the report that he's requested he could freeze/rewind the assett sale etc.

A taster:

Dodgy Craig Whyte's "hand picked" Adminstrators statement:

"Since the BBC documentary we have met Mr Roger Isaacs who appeared on the programme and was asked for his professional opinion as a forensic accountant.

"Mr Isaacs informed us that he was not shown relevant documentation by the BBC and now, having reviewed the documentation, has told us that he is satisfied that our firm did not have knowledge of Ticketus funding being used to acquire Rangers in 2011, prior to the transaction being completed."

Mr Roger Isaacs (Forensic Accountant) reply:

"At the meeting you made various representations and offered to send me further documents to support them.

"I have now had a chance to consider these and you should please be aware that I have not been persuaded that Duff and Phelps had no knowledge of the Ticketus deal to fund the purchase of the bank debt."

Mr Isaacs adds: "My view remains, on the basis of the information I have, that Duff and Phelps appear not to have been able to fulfil the necessary requirements of independence to allow them to act as administrators"

Someone's telling porkies !!!!

The good old administrators who sold £100Million of assetts for £5.5 Mill (the amount of their fees) or the independent accountant blokey, hmmmm I wonder who !!!!!

Edited by Toonpack

Naismith and Whittaker rejected newco today too :lol:

All the agents and players fault, nowt to do with the "predicament" but but bit we're Rangers :D

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=223753&st=60

Whittaker fair enough but Naismith, no Rangers fan I repeat NO RANGERS FAN turns down the oppurtunity to play for the club which millions would die for. No matter the League or financial position they should consider it an honour to play for the Rangers.

Deaders, can you help ?? What's this mean:

MisterC, on 24 June 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Their stance has been a disgrass and they will indeed ripe what they sow and the effects will be felt permanently.

That's what happens when they chose too bee plane lose and fast with sporting integrated. And whilst ewe are correct they will in deed ripe what they so permanently, it's just a pity that's not forever

Deaders, can you help ?? What's this mean:

Attempted translation

disgrass = disgrace

ripe what they sow = reap what they sow

bee plane lose and fast = be playing fast and loose

sporting integrated = sporting integrity

ewe = you

phuck me - here's an attempt at an abridged version:

Rangers are a fukkin disgrace and they'll get what the fuk they deserve

They've fukked about with the integrity of the game but I'm confused that I think permanently and forever are different

[quote

Rangers in crisis: Police asked to probe Craig Whyte takeover

A criminal investigation is to be launched into the acquisition of Rangers Football Club in May last year.

The Crown Office asked Strathclyde Police to probe the purchase and the club's subsequent financial management.

The investigation into alleged criminality follows a preliminary examination of information passed to police by administrators.

The club was bought by Craig Whyte in 2011 before going into administration in February this year.

A Crown Office spokesman said: "The procurator fiscal for the west of Scotland will now work with Strathclyde Police to fully investigate the acquisition and financial management of Rangers Football Club and any related reports of alleged criminality during that process."]

Edited by ewerk

Looks like the SPL clubs will vote no to re-admission of The Rangers. Aberdoom are the 5th club to show their hand saying they'll vote no.

Great to see the other clubs more interested in maintaining the integrity of the league over money. They may live to regret it but better than not following through the fans feelings.

I feel for the majority of good Rangers fans but it's a fair decision.

Looks like the SPL clubs will vote no to re-admission of The Rangers. Aberdoom are the 5th club to show their hand saying they'll vote no.

Great to see the other clubs more interested in maintaining the integrity of the league over money. They may live to regret it but better than not following through the fans feelings.

I feel for the majority of good Rangers fans but it's a fair decision.

And the silence fromCeltic remains deafening, they'll lose more than most. They would've voted YES I reckon, the yes we want Rangers fucked, but the other clubs will screw us over without our ugly sister to vote with us, noises had already begun.

They'll come back in 2 or 3 years with their drunken "we're eh biggest club in eh werruld", slavver, got nee sympathy at all for them. 1969 still fresh in the memory for some geordies too.

To be honest Celtic will lose little, an SPL without Rangers guarantees them 2/3 trophies every year and a CL place. They will still sell out there season tickets so its only the possible drop in TV money for a much devalued SPL that will hit them, if they have a run into the CL group stages then that will not hurt them either.

It will make the SPL the worst and most pointless PL in Europe tho.

Still we might be able to pick up a decent player or two on a free if they decide to walk. Every cloud has a silver lining................

To be honest Celtic will lose little, an SPL without Rangers guarantees them 2/3 trophies every year and a CL place. They will still sell out there season tickets so its only the possible drop in TV money for a much devalued SPL that will hit them, if they have a run into the CL group stages then that will not hurt them either.

Still we might be able to pick up a decent player or two on a free if they decide to walk. Every cloud has a silver lining................

They haven't sold out their season tickets for the best part of 10 years mate.

There's going to be big changes up there, Celtic will lose the OF power of veto, talk of equal shares of TV cash and even gate receipts to create a balanced league from top to bottom on a totally level playing field.

with the h*ns now with no chance of remaining in the SPL its now over to the chairmen of SFL Division 1 to say 'no' as well - maybe the h*ns will do the decent thing for once and just go down to the 3rd division and save any further fukkin hassle.

with the h*ns now with no chance of remaining in the SPL its now over to the chairmen of SFL Division 1 to say 'no' as well - maybe the h*ns will do the decent thing for once and just go down to the 3rd division and save any further fukkin hassle.

They're not the huns anymore though. They're the new huns. I don't think Rangers have ever been on English telly as much like ever. In fact I can't remember Scotland reaching our tellies this much since Lockerbie.

As a Rangers fan i'm obviously gutted about what's happened but i'm getting fed up now, just want everything to be sorted. We brought most of this on ourselves and its only fair that we're punished for it. Although I reckon a lot of the SPL teams will lose out on a fair bit of cash with us not being there.

I wouldn't mind Naismith signing for Newcastle mind you, Rangers best player beside Jelavic before his injury.

Fuck me I hope not...imagine signing some of that lot and the sort of "visitors" they could attract on a Saturday afternoon should they be at "a loose end" for a season or two..no further than Aberdeen on the train for them too...

As a Rangers fan i'm obviously gutted about what's happened but i'm getting fed up now, just want everything to be sorted. We brought most of this on ourselves and its only fair that we're punished for it. Although I reckon a lot of the SPL teams will lose out on a fair bit of cash with us not being there.

I wouldn't mind Naismith signing for Newcastle mind you, Rangers best player beside Jelavic before his injury.

I'd be gutted if we sign anyone from that Rangers team, I think Naismith has a lot to prove after that long injury and when you look at the quality we've brought it would be a step back for us. Apparently he's away to Everton anyway, which is about his level, certainly presently.

There's going to be big changes up there, Celtic will lose the OF power of veto, talk of equal shares of TV cash and even gate receipts to create a balanced league from top to bottom on a totally level playing field.

The biggest change will be the total pointlessness of the SPL until Rangers get back in it. Balanced league my arse, Celtic have a huge lead over the rest who frankly are Championship standard at best and will piss the SPL for the next 3/4 years. If you think anything else then you are sadly mistaken.