Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

exactly. And it doesn't seem to have had life threatening implications to their supporters, in fact they never even went away in spirit - I know that you will know what I mean Stevie.

In fact, they even won their first ever trophy since then. So much for disappearing and becoming a supermarket, as some would have you believe happens to clubs.

exactly. And it doesn't seem to have had life threatening implications to their supporters, in fact they never even went away in spirit - I know that you will know what I mean Stevie.

In fact, they even won their first ever trophy since then. So much for disappearing and becoming a supermarket, as some would have you believe happens to clubs.

Aye but the laws are different now. Boro didn't get relegated to the bottom of the pyramid. The laws have changed now and they'd have needed 9 promotions to get League Two now. IIRC Boro couldn't even play at Ayresome Park and had to play at Hartlepool for a while.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye but the laws are different now. Boro didn't get relegated to the bottom of the pyramid. The laws have changed now and they'd have needed 9 promotions to get League Two now. IIRC Boro couldn't even play at Ayresome Park and had to play at Hartlepool for a while.

maybe, but they are still the biggest club to have been liquidated in 26 years, despite what the scaremongering doom-mongers peddle. And now, do their supporters give a fuck either way ? In fact they forgot about it almost immediately, they still consider it to be the same club lock, stock and barrell.

I like the fact that some people still confuse the 2 terms WANT to happen and THINK will happen, when they talk about what WILL happen.

Administration is not the same as liquidation, as you pointed out mate. And Rangers will not cease to exist and become a supermarket, despite what some people WANT to happen to satisfy their own wishes and agendas.

Edited by LeazesMag

I think the punishment for administration should be the same as liquidation - in either case its a way of avoiding paying debts.

Too many have taken the ten points and virtually shrugged it off.

Housemate said that he hopes all SPL clubs go bankrupt as punishment. When pressed for a reason he said that they're all in debt too. He couldn't understnad the difference between debt, and the illegality of the Ranger's situation.

He's gone past the "We deserve our punishment" and into the stroppy "Well they're all cheating too!" stage of this.

Oh and he's still touting Rangers players as if they're good enough for us. "well Naismith is better than Leon Best."

:lol: fuck me it's entertaining.

Guest CabayeAye

Housemate said that he hopes all SPL clubs go bankrupt as punishment. When pressed for a reason he said that they're all in debt too. He couldn't understnad the difference between debt, and the illegality of the Ranger's situation.

He's gone past the "We deserve our punishment" and into the stroppy "Well they're all cheating too!" stage of this.

Oh and he's still touting Rangers players as if they're good enough for us. "well Naismith is better than Leon Best."

:lol: fuck me it's entertaining.

He sounds like more of a twat than you are! ;)

Edited by CabayeAye

By definition you can't punish a club who have gone into liquidation.

Leazes is right in some regards. You have to seperate Rangers the company with Rangers the football entity. You can punish the entity whether the company exists or not. So while Rangers FC is dead and gone, Rangers fans, rangers history, Rangers enmities and allegiancs will live on through their supporters, who can suffer punishment.

Ibrox may not be permitted to be used as a stadium for the New Co, the Trophies they've accumulated may have to be returned, their history may come with a little asterisk marking every success tainted and unworthy.

Leazes is right in some regards. You have to seperate Rangers the company with Rangers the football entity. You can punish the entity whether the company exists or not. So while Rangers FC is dead and gone, Rangers fans, rangers history, Rangers enmities and allegiancs will live on through their supporters, who can suffer punishment.

Ibrox may not be permitted to be used as a stadium for the New Co, the Trophies they've accumulated may have to be returned, their history may come with a little asterisk marking every success tainted and unworthy.

If they transfer the old Rangers SFA share the football penalties will likely follow. Expect at least 10 years of trophies to be expunged if that happens.

Not something any fan should go through, although LM portrays it as nowt because at least they tried/ had "success" at the time via whatever means. Not OK in my world for what it's worth.

Edited by Toonpack

supermarket_sweep_a.jpg

:lol:

By definition you can't punish a club who have gone into liquidation.

They can't have it both ways, they expected to transfer players old club to wel them and pocket the transfer fees, even on some players the old club owe money on ( they owe Hearts £800k for one and still owe Rapid Vienna £1.2 mill for Jelavic, and they hope to still get the £4.4 mill everton still owe in to newco - they are outraged some players have exercised their right to walk, thus denying them said fees) it's unreal tbh

Scamorama

New owner has allegedly (per Alex Thomson source) divested the club Sevco of Ibrox and is flogging it for several million (green bought Ibrox for only £500k in the administrators sale deal - again according to thomo) the cost to any new club in rent will be £3mill a year !!!!

If thomsons right - you couldn't make this shit up, I think is the phrase

Edited by Toonpack

If they transfer the old Rangers SFA share the football penalties will likely follow. Expect at least 10 years of trophies to be expunged if that happens.

Not something any fan should go through, although LM portrays it as nowt because at least they tried/ had "success" at the time via whatever means. Not OK in my world for what it's worth.

and so it came to pass, that the celebrations and glory enjoyed by Rangers supporters at the time of those successes, is decreed never to have happened, henceforth.

And they will never mention or discuss those happy times ever again, because they never happened.

:lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

They are quite literally dead in the fukkin water tomorrow - only a handful of players have transferred over their contracts to the new company - so a game of 2-a-side at pre-season training tomorrow when they have to report back!

Add into the mix that the first wages from Mr Green are due to be paid (but will not be paid on time) and it's all over bar the shouting.

Tenner bet on Rangers being out of football for at least a year is looking a sure thing.

They are quite literally dead in the fukkin water tomorrow - only a handful of players have transferred over their contracts to the new company - so a game of 2-a-side at pre-season training tomorrow when they have to report back!

Add into the mix that the first wages from Mr Green are due to be paid (but will not be paid on time) and it's all over bar the shouting.

Tenner bet on Rangers being out of football for at least a year is looking a sure thing.

Lee Wallace and some kid who was on loan at Partick Thistle last season playing a game of head tennis at this rate.

Anyone been on the Rangers website? Some fantastic propaganda on there like, wheeling out Rangers legend Sandy Jardine to slag off big style any player who's decided to leave and giving ott backslaps to the..er..2 who've decided to stay.

As an aside, they're going to have to update their history page..

I don't buy this 'they're going to have zero history' talk. They'll be a new legal entity but at the end of the day they're still Rangers and they're still entitled to keep every trophy that they've won.

I don't buy this 'they're going to have zero history' talk. They'll be a new legal entity but at the end of the day they're still Rangers and they're still entitled to keep every trophy that they've won.

Depends on the double contract findings = lots of formal stripping of trophy's possible and also Old Rangers 1872 are legally dead when liquidated. Rangers 2012 starts again and fans of other clubs won't let them forget it.

The fans are constant the club is dead. OF course you can argue the fans are the club (which is probably true) but the affiliated sporting entity has nowt (unless they can transfer the SFA association, but that will also attract the pebalties for the cheating and not paying tax stuff).

If it was Sunlund or Liverpool say, I'm sure we'd all quite happily not mention they were a "new" club incessantly.

Couldn't disagree more. It's a new company and a new business. They start with 0 trophies. Rangers FC have died, they don't exist, they need to form a new company so the supporters can support a new team. On the trophies thing, they've basically cheated for 25 years anyway, so even old Rangers should be stripped of those titles. It's not as simple as administration, it's liquidation, they don't exist and they're consigned to the history books. A new club has been formed so the supporters of Rangers FC 1872-2012 have someone to support, they're not supporting the same old Rangers, legally and every other way you want to think about it Rangers FC are dead.

Without discussing the ins and outs of the possibility of them losing league titles and cups due to illegalities, is a football club simply a legal entity? A football club is about the fans, the ground, the badge, the sense of togetherness with your fellow supporter etc. That's not going away.

Stating that they'll be a brand new club is a perfectly valid and correct view from a technical standpoint but to myself and many others they'll still be Rangers FC, even if they have to change their name very slightly, they'll still be the same club with the same history imo.

Edited by ewerk

Without discussing the ins and outs of the possibility of them losing league titles and cups due to illegalities, is a football club simply a legal entity? A football club is about the fans, the ground, the badge, the sense of togetherness with your fellow supporter etc. That's not going away.

Stating that they'll be a brand new club is a perfectly valid and correct view from a technical standpoint but to myself and many others they'll still be Rangers FC, even if they have to change their name very slightly, they'll still be the same club with the same history imo.

I'd say more will view them as a new entity which as you correctly point out from every technical standpoint is what they are. I think if they lost Ibrox, which they won't, everybody would accept it as well. They won't even play football next season in my view.

Yeah but thats the point....if theyre found to have been cheating for the last quarter of a century in gaining that "history" then there is no history. Liquidation is the least of their worries iyam. Having everything erased from the history books that a club had acheived because they cheated would fuckin kill me as a supporter. Dont know how the Rangers fans would feel, most will have different opinions I suppose. I said this the other day; in sport, if you win something by cheating and its proven, then you're not longer the winners. If this "The Big Tax Case" is not proven against them, then what you're saying id pretty much the case. If the double contracts are found to be illegal then the only Rangers FC that a huge percentage of their fan base will have known (anyone under 35-40 say?) will be deemed to have not exisited. Thats a hard pill to swallow if you've spent you're life following any team.

Yeah but thats the point....if theyre found to have been cheating for the last quarter of a century in gaining that "history" then there is no history. Liquidation is the least of their worries iyam. Having everything erased from the history books that a club had acheived because they cheated would fuckin kill me as a supporter. Dont know how the Rangers fans would feel, most will have different opinions I suppose. I said this the other day; in sport, if you win something by cheating and its proven, then you're not longer the winners. If this "The Big Tax Case" is not proven against them, then what you're saying id pretty much the case. If the double contracts are found to be illegal then the only Rangers FC that a huge percentage of their fan base will have known (anyone under 35-40 say?) will be deemed to have not exisited. Thats a hard pill to swallow if you've spent you're life following any team.

I'd agree with Leazes when he indicates that the supporters will still have seen the club win numerous trophies regardless of whether they're taken away.

Maradonna infamously cheated on the route to the World Cup - should Argentina be stripped of that title?

Juve fans still consider the Scudetto that was stripped of their club to still count, and I'd imagine the Inter fans wouldn't necessarily count it as a significant title win either as they didn't top the league.

You can take away the history but it still happened. No-one saw any cheating at the time, it's only later that it's come to light. How many Newcastle fans would honestly discount a trophy if we won it with ineligible players/double contracted players etc etc?

I'd agree with Leazes when he indicates that the supporters will still have seen the club win numerous trophies regardless of whether they're taken away.

Maradonna infamously cheated on the route to the World Cup - should Argentina be stripped of that title?

Juve fans still consider the Scudetto that was stripped of their club to still count, and I'd imagine the Inter fans wouldn't necessarily count it as a significant title win either as they didn't top the league.

You can take away the history but it still happened. No-one saw any cheating at the time, it's only later that it's come to light. How many Newcastle fans would honestly discount a trophy if we won it with ineligible players/double contracted players etc etc?

exactly. Would anybody rather we won the FA Cup by any means possible than lost the 4th round at Stevenage, for example ? Having not won a trophy in half a century. All those years of supporting the toon, all those near misses and nowheres. 3 FA Cup Finals, 1 League Cup final, one goal to show from it, 3 non-appearances in all 3 FA Cup Finals. Losing a big lead in the premiership in 1996 ultimately not winning the title because we lost the crucial game at home to ManU. What would you do if you could reverse just one of those games ?

All this "play fair" is all well and good, but if you go to games and would have been to the winning Cup Final, would you really give a toss, now, about the rights and wrongs of it all ?

You can't turn the clock back and replay the Maradona hand ball either, they won and that is it. It's over, Argentina celebrated and that is it. People who celebrate these sort of things will now not even be in this world, you can't tell them now that their celebration and joy at the success was all in vain. It's over.

Toonpack, particularly, has said himself on this very forum that you should enjoy the moment of success while you can. Which I totally agree with, and always have and always will. Why the change of heart ?

The one thing I will say about Rangers, is that I don't understand why they felt the need to do this in the first place when they only have one team to beat and always have had only one team to beat and would continue only having one team to beat.

Edited by LeazesMag

Me for one, and the wider football public in general. And theyd be right. How the majority of the supporters of the cheaating club feel is irrelevent, its what the facts are that count. They can tell themselves lies to justify it, it wont change a thing.

And Brazil won the WC in 94, not Argentina.

nothing will change apart from a new name/players/maybe a venue

- they will still be supported by some decent peope but sadly these are vastly outnumbered by the filth element (the other side of the OF divide are no different either)

If anyone wants a valuable insight into the sectarian bile we have to put up with up here then look no further than this thread on one of their websites. It has it alll - from the pope and the queen, to flute bands and the outing of someone in a shop who had the temerity to have a bit of banter.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=223562

It's entirely NSFW due to language but every time we stumble upon something like this it reinforces our choice from an early age to support Glasgow's third team.