Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

no, that's not right, according to people like Toonpack, who say clubs who go into administration will just go quietly, disappear and never be heard of again.

Lies

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd be throwing away millions of pounds if they let them back in. Also, the claims of potential losses appear to assume that every single sponsor will pull out, and there won't be any Scottish football on TV, which is laughable really.

Seeing as Scottish football seems happy to throw away millions of pounds by shafting Rangers and sending them into D3; perhaps they should do a Darlington and apply for the Northern League and work up from there. Probably a better standard of Football in the NL and bigger crowds.

How are Scottish football "shafting" Rangers (rip) really ?? I'd seriously like to know why anyone holds that opinion.

Rangers (rip) have not even had any sanction applied to them yet for "wrong-doing" all they've had is consequence of their own missmanagement/actions. Went into Admin = 10 point penalty, Will be liquidated and UEFA wont give a licence to any "new" club (anywhere) until they have played for 3 years, it's not a ban per se it's a rule.

Why should they be treated differently to any other club.

If Man U went "pop" would you be happy if the Prem League and FA levered them back in at, or near, the top of the Pyramid.

Edit: for balance - Livingston went into liquidation for a period of less than 24 hours, were saved came out of liquidation and were still punted to the 3rd Division. Rangers ain't comming out of liquidation, ever, unless someone pumps in £120 Million quid just to clear the debts.

Edited by Toonpack

They'd be throwing away millions of pounds if they let them back in. Also, the claims of potential losses appear to assume that every single sponsor will pull out, and there won't be any Scottish football on TV, which is laughable really.

it's actually a disaster for Scottish football this. I understand people want justice to be done, but it will only further push the league further downwards, they are cutting off their own noses. Just as well they don't disappear completely, which is what Toonpack and others always insisted happened when they were running scaremongering stories that NUFC would go the same way, which in itself is the laugh of the century.

How are Scottish football "shafting" Rangers (rip) really ?? I'd seriously like to know why anyone holds that opinion.

Rangers (rip) have not even had any sanction applied to them yet for "wrong-doing" all they've had is consequence of their own missmanagement/actions. Went into Admin = 10 point penalty, Will be liquidated and UEFA wont give a licence to any "new" club (anywhere) until they have played for 3 years, it's not a ban per se it's a rule.

Why should they be treated differently to any other club.

If Man U went "pop" would you be happy if the Prem League and FA levered them back in at, or near, the top of the Pyramid.

the big difference is, there are more than 2 teams in England. And the other major difference is that we are not talking here about what supporters "want", but what WILL happen and what is best for Scottish football. Still makes me laugh when people can't differentiate between what they WANT to happen and what WILL happen in the real world.

I would WANT ManU to go down into the Northern Premier League, but WOULD it happen ? Not a chance, and only a complete lunatic would believe that or think it is better for the game.

Like it or not, football is not the same as the High Street. We are not talking about corner shops, or outlets where "customers" can just go somewhere else. It's about time you and others like you got into the real world.

Some people have spouted rubbish for years, such as "6 year plans" and backing Souness with unlimited funds "because he is getting rid of the bad eggs like Alex Ferguson did" and nothing changes. What is it like to be wrong about everything :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

Shut up you silly old tool.

is that aimed at me ? Rangers are going nowhere mate, despite what people want . They will be back in no time at all, challenging Celtic just like before. Is that stupid ?

Dragging ancient shit up constantly makes you look like a tool.

But we've been over all this many times.

no, I'm ignoring the people I used to have these debates with. There is no point in saying you will ignore someone then continuing to reply to them. That makes you look like a tool, IMO.

It's a valid point and comment I'm making trophyshy. Rangers will not cease to exist, and its a fact that this myth has been peddled in the past by people. Big football clubs do NOT just disappear like that. They may [and will] suffer the consequence of relegation but in a few years time they will be back and the few years it took them to do it will be completely forgotten.

It may be a twat for supporters of other clubs, as supporters, but the SPL and Scottish football as a whole needs them, and they know it.

Edited by LeazesMag

the big difference is, there are more than 2 teams in England. And the other major difference is that we are not talking here about what supporters "want", but what WILL happen and what is best for Scottish football. Still makes me laugh when people can't differentiate between what they WANT to happen and what WILL happen in the real world.

I would WANT ManU to go down into the Northern Premier League, but WOULD it happen ? Not a chance, and only a complete lunatic would believe that or think it is better for the game.

Like it or not, football is not the same as the High Street. We are not talking about corner shops, or outlets where "customers" can just go somewhere else. It's about time you and others like you got into the real world.

So English Football can't survive without Man Utd, that's what you are saying isn't it ???

So English Football can't survive without Man Utd, that's what you are saying isn't it ???

Man U are a different entity in a different league. The English game would survive without ManU, who by the way are also one of the biggest clubs in europe and the world [unlike Rangers] but that is because the English league is a big highly competitive league with many other very big teams who are among the biggest in europe and in world football.

The thought of it happening is preposterous mind, but that is the case.

Scotland only has 2 teams, and if Rangers disappeared :lol: it would effectively be the end to any competition for Celtic and Scottish football would be finished as we know it. Sad, but true. You and others may WANT this, for whatever reasons, but it is not going to happen, and never was. They will be back. Big clubs like that just don't disappear. I find it quite staggering that you are still even entertaining the possibility of this happening, do you seriously think that an institution like that along with 50,000 supporters [the same as NUFC] and more dotted all over Scotland, will just disappear and they will find something else to do on Saturday afternoons ?

I agree with you that Rangers are too big to cease to exist entirely, but the fact is they will be sent down to the 3rd division. At the very beginning people said there was no way they would be put into administration. This changed to the idea of liquidation being laughable. Only a few weeks ago people were saying that the SPL clubs couldn't afford to vote them out. They've now reached a point where they're relying on the tiny lower league clubs to vote against their own sporting interests to give them a free pass.

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United are big enough to ride out the cuts that will happen because of this. And clubs like St Johnstone, Inverness and St Mirren will budget for relegation. Only Kilmarnock could be in real trouble.

no, I'm ignoring the people I used to have these debates with.

But you will just keep bringing up random things you claim they said years back to point score, even though you're ignoring them.

I agree with you that Rangers are too big to cease to exist entirely, but the fact is they will be sent down to the 3rd division. At the very beginning people said there was no way they would be put into administration. This changed to the idea of liquidation being laughable. Only a few weeks ago people were saying that the SPL clubs couldn't afford to vote them out. They've now reached a point where they're relying on the tiny lower league clubs to vote against their own sporting interests to give them a free pass.

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United are big enough to ride out the cuts that will happen because of this. And clubs like St Johnstone, Inverness and St Mirren will budget for relegation. Only Kilmarnock could be in real trouble.

This is just it. Some have supposed that any club can overspend as its football and its "different". Well they cant. Look at Leeds, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Port Vale etc. Rangers wasnt just overspending but not paying HMRC. Then is was "they wont go under". Well they have. Rangers no longer exist. They were liquidated. What you have now is a new Rangers. Of course the fans are still there. But you cant just write it off like it doesnt matter. Of course it matters, else SJH could have just let us be liquidated before taking over.

But, Rangers are one of two clubs that the SPL survives on. It just goes to show that greed is more important than ethics to some up there when despite Rangers doing what they did they just want them to be slapped on the wrist and remain in the SPL. Had this been Inverness for example they would have been sent to the back of the queue. But no, they want Rangers in the SPL as they know financially they bring in money to the whole league.

Rangers will not be in the SPL next season, despite many thinking it would never come to that. Question now I guess is will they be in the 1st or the 3rd. People want them in the 1st to hope they get right back into the SPL for the finances it brings everyone. Others say the 3rd where anyone else would be sent.

Even though it is a newco mind, its easy to say it has nothing to do with Oldco and this is a new club with no history. But one thing that doesnt change is the "soul" of the club. That remains the same. Same attitude, same fans, same stadium. Financially a clean slate. But the implication of starting in the 3rd could be a tough one. No CL money, no European money at all in fact. Less TV money and so on. Though I suspect their gates will be the same as ever even in the 3rd.

But you will just keep bringing up random things you claim they said years back to point score, even though you're ignoring them.

aim that at the wanker who campaigned so vehemently for me to be banned, and insisted that he had me on ignore and didn't want to reply to me anymore, yet has replied to numerous posts I've made in the past few weeks, sometimes as stupidly as ever, like today.

I am quite enjoying this thread, and don't mind disagreeing with TP who I'm sure can take the disagreement in the same vein as myself.

The Scottish lads also, seem to be up for a good discussion and good for them. That's what it's all about.

Not sure how the law works as its a new entity but I'd like to see the new club be forced to pay off the money owed. That may drag them down such that its not an easy return to the PL (especially as their decent players are leaving) but it would still be worth it imo.

The "target" of all of this shouldn't be to see a "Rangers" back challenging Celtic in 3 years time and all the extra revenue restored as if nothing happened - it should be to ensure the debts are paid.

:lol: Fuck you dickhead. For the record I'm not ignoring you anymore. Why the fuck should we have to tread on eggshells around you because there's something the matter with you?

This board has existed for years on the basis that if someone's acting like a retarded prick, they get called out on it. Well let's continue that tradition.

This is just it. Some have supposed that any club can overspend as its football and its "different". Well they cant. Look at Leeds, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Port Vale etc. Rangers wasnt just overspending but not paying HMRC. Then is was "they wont go under". Well they have. Rangers no longer exist. They were liquidated. What you have now is a new Rangers. Of course the fans are still there. But you cant just write it off like it doesnt matter. Of course it matters, else SJH could have just let us be liquidated before taking over.

But, Rangers are one of two clubs that the SPL survives on. It just goes to show that greed is more important than ethics to some up there when despite Rangers doing what they did they just want them to be slapped on the wrist and remain in the SPL. Had this been Inverness for example they would have been sent to the back of the queue. But no, they want Rangers in the SPL as they know financially they bring in money to the whole league.

Rangers will not be in the SPL next season, despite many thinking it would never come to that. Question now I guess is will they be in the 1st or the 3rd. People want them in the 1st to hope they get right back into the SPL for the finances it brings everyone. Others say the 3rd where anyone else would be sent.

Even though it is a newco mind, its easy to say it has nothing to do with Oldco and this is a new club with no history. But one thing that doesnt change is the "soul" of the club. That remains the same. Same attitude, same fans, same stadium. Financially a clean slate. But the implication of starting in the 3rd could be a tough one. No CL money, no European money at all in fact. Less TV money and so on. Though I suspect their gates will be the same as ever even in the 3rd.

Greed is more important than ethics, that phrase is spot on. It is, whether we like it or not, that is the way things are. It's also a consistent pattern in football too, that these clubs don't disappear. They just don't. That clip I posted from that book is historical fact, it's about football clubs and how they survive way beyond "normal" businesses. Football has changed, but the roots are still tribal and traditional. The phrase "we'll support you evermore" ........... still used, always has been, and the bigger the club, the more the support who will NEVER support anybody else. Would anybody on here seriously support any other club bar NUFC ?

:lol: Fuck you dickhead. For the record I'm not ignoring you anymore. Why the fuck should we have to tread on eggshells around you because there's something the matter with you?

This board has existed for years on the basis that if someone's acting like a retarded prick, they get called out on it. Well let's continue that tradition.

maybe the admin can answer that. Just learn to take it if you want to dish it out, and stop behaving like a big baby if someone proves you wrong.

I don't want people "treading on eggshells" to avoid me, I'm quite capable of proving peoppe wrong, particularly you again. And if I'm wrong, I'll have the balls to admit it too.

And THAT is my response to you, because to be honest, not looking at your immaturity and stupidity has made this place vastly more enjoyable.

Edited by LeazesMag

:lol: Christ almighty. The fact that you've been responding proves that you haven't even been ignoring me you cretin. :lol:

You can't resist my awesome posts. And I cannot blame you.

And we all know what you think of someone who says they're gonna ignore someone then doesn't.

aim that at the wanker who campaigned so vehemently for me to be banned, and insisted that he had me on ignore and didn't want to reply to me anymore, yet has replied to numerous posts I've made in the past few weeks, sometimes as stupidly as ever, like today.

I am quite enjoying this thread, and don't mind disagreeing with TP who I'm sure can take the disagreement in the same vein as myself.

The Scottish lads also, seem to be up for a good discussion and good for them. That's what it's all about.

You may be enjoying this thread but you're pretty much spoiling it for me, and many others I suspect, as per. Clearly showing yet again you will NEVER change the record. Boring as fuck.

You may be enjoying this thread but you're pretty much spoiling it for me, and many others I suspect, as per. Clearly showing yet again you will NEVER change the record. Boring as fuck.

clearly, you have a personality or blindness problem and never noticed - again - the instigator. I simply replied, for the first time since I put him on ignore as he made a personal comment aimed at me for no reason at all.

I will now resume discussing the point of the thread, which is Rangers going into administration, and what may or may not happen next to them. If you don't actually LIKE my views for some reason Renton, then I'm sorry about that, so lets just wait and see what actually does happen to Rangers, right ?

Meanwhile, the people I have on ignore will continue to be ignored which makes it easier to disregard their rubbish and immaturity.

Edited by LeazesMag