Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

http://www1.skysport...-administration

Rangers are to go into administration after lodging the notice in Edinburgh at Monday lunchtime.

It is understood Gers have five days in which to formally declare administrators have taken over the running of the club.

The Scottish Premier League champions are facing an uncertain future as they await the verdict of a tax tribunal.

The famous Ibrox club could face a bill in the region of £49million should they lose their dispute with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).

The club's financial problems are well documented following the decision to sell star striker Nikica Jelavic to Everton in January.

Sky Bet Odds

Click here for the latest Scottish football markets from Sky Bet including Scottish Premier League, Scottish Cup and Scottish CIS Cup!

Gers have now shown their hand after lodging an intention to go into administration with the Court of Session.

A Scottish Premier League spokesman confirmed a 10-point deduction and a transfer embargo would only be put in place when administration was confirmed.

The spokesman said: "At this point in time Rangers are not in administration and we await developments.

"The instant that they are technically in administration there will be an automatic 10-point deduction and, perhaps of less relevance, an embargo on player registrations.

"If administration is confirmed, as we have done previously, we would be looking to work with the administrators and would be looking for a very early meeting."

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember folks, clubs don't go bust.

I wonder if there's a Scottish equivalent of Leazesmag fighting the good fight on a Rangers' forum somewhere

Edited by Kitman

It sounds like they have lived beyond their means for years, so that the dry bumfucking by HMRC is the final straw. Dunno whether they're hoping HMRC will back down and do a deal or whether they are in such deep shit that they've got no choice.

Edited by Kitman

It sounds like they have lived beyond their means for years, so that the dry bumfucking by HMRC is the final straw. Dunno whether they're hoping HMRC will back down and do a deal or whether they are in such deep shit that they've got no choice.

Im sure they are hoping for HMRC to back down. As things stand the tax man would get nothing after other creditors got their share. I believe this is just a lever, to get the Tax man to settle for a much lower sum.

Im sure they are hoping for HMRC to back down. As things stand the tax man would get nothing after other creditors got their share. I believe this is just a lever, to get the Tax man to settle for a much lower sum.

Makes sense, although HMRC might rank ahead of unsecured creditors, I can't remember.

Makes sense, although HMRC might rank ahead of unsecured creditors, I can't remember.

Apparently in this situation the secured creditor is preferred, and thats Craig Whyte the chairman. I think the radio said the worst case scenario is that it does all go tits up but Whyte will just start a new club called Glasgow Rangers FC and start again. Thats what Leazes was on about I think. Even Aldershot and Accrington Stanley have come back into the lague eventually.

Celtic supporting colleague just been past my desk. Still got the same great big grin on his face he's had on all day.

Given how close they were to going under in the 90's you'd think that he would know better.

On the other hand, they've essentially just been handed the title.