Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

Rangers are probably the biggest club this has ever happened to, not that that's saying much like, and I'm surprised no one stinking rich has come from no where to bail them out. You'd think a club with a claimed worldwide fanbase would have at least one supporter rich enough and passionate enough for this to happen. Would never happen to a truly big club in my view. If the figure is £75m and no one comes forward, I can't see without huge external investment that HMRC would allow it to pass and that could be the end of Rangers. Would be a great day in my view, they are half of the most deluded, bigoted, racist, vile football scene that I know of on earth, maybe it would help them grow up. There has long been the view that Rangers supporters, and Rangers the club are so entwined in Scottish life, presbyterianism, and the Scottish system that they are one of the core things in Scottish life from the highest court downward, well we're about to find out how important they are. Will be a disgrace if HMRC let them off the hook and if they do I'd be inclined to agree with their perceived privileged status in Scotland.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember folks, clubs don't go bust.

I wonder if there's a Scottish equivalent of Leazesmag fighting the good fight on a Rangers' forum somewhere

Goading and misquoting Leazes on the old argument. He'll get blamed for dragging it up if he responds of course.

What Leazes actually says is clubs "don't go bust and out of existence"

Do you think they'll be out of existence soon, or even relegated (like us) in order to steady the ship?

Is there a points deduction/European ban for this in Scotland or not?

In Scotland, following the adoption of a points sanction in the
, a similar rule was mooted in December 2003. It was announced in January 2004 that
clubs going into administration in the
would be subject to a 10 point deduction and be prevented from signing new players. With
and
already in administration at the time, it was decided that if "they are not in the process of coming out of administration by 31 May", the deduction would be applied at the start of the following season. Furthermore, the
would not allow clubs in administration to play in Europe. Both Motherwell and Dundee met the required conditions to avoid the deduction of points. Although the
has no automatic deduction of points for clubs going into administration, it reserves the right to "deduct championship points before or during a season and/or to impose a player registration embargo on any club". The Scottish Football League also will place a team in the bottom tier (Division Three) if there are any doubts that they can fulfill their fixtures for the forthcoming season. Both times this has happened the Club has been in administration in the summer months.

Remember folks, clubs don't go bust.
I wonder if there's a Scottish equivalent of Leazesmag fighting the good fight on a Rangers' forum somewhere
Goading and misquoting Leazes on the old argument. He'll get blamed for dragging it up if he responds of course. What Leazes actually says is clubs "don't go bust and out of existence" Do you think they'll be out of existence soon, or even relegated (like us) in order to steady the ship?

I assume you're directing that at Chez. I was just making a joke.

I suppose if Celtic fans were able to be dispassionate about this (not a dig btw, I can understand why they'd be happy) they might see that this could have big implications for them too.

Gets McCoist off the hook for chucking away that massive lead they had too.

Goading and misquoting Leazes on the old argument. He'll get blamed for dragging it up if he responds of course. What Leazes actually says is clubs "don't go bust and out of existence" Do you think they'll be out of existence soon, or even relegated (like us) in order to steady the ship?

I think Chez was too.

I suppose if Celtic fans were able to be dispassionate about this (not a dig btw, I can understand why they'd be happy) they might see that this could have big implications for them too.

Hearts and Motherwell should be happiest about it. Celtic will be cutting costs all over now they're the only game in town.

I think Chez was too.

Righto

Hearts and Motherwell should be happiest about it. Celtic will be cutting costs all over now they're the only game in town.

My Celtic supporting colleague reckons because they nearly went bust in the 90s they are already run prudently. Dunno if thats true

My Celtic supporting colleague reckons because they nearly went bust in the 90s they are already run prudently. Dunno if thats true

They still spend enough to compete with Rangers though. They can now be run prudently enough to compete with Motherwell. Can't see them thinking this guarantees Champions League football every season and pushing to get further in that competition.

If Rangers go bust completely they'll reform but the biggest winners could be St Mirren and Partick in the short term. They'd have to come through the jock league ladder can't see them getting 40,000 against the likes of Alloa.

Is there a points deduction/European ban for this in Scotland or not?

In Scotland, following the adoption of a points sanction in the
, a similar rule was mooted in December 2003. It was announced in January 2004 that
clubs going into administration in the
would be subject to a 10 point deduction and be prevented from signing new players. With
and
already in administration at the time, it was decided that if "they are not in the process of coming out of administration by 31 May", the deduction would be applied at the start of the following season. Furthermore, the
would not allow clubs in administration to play in Europe. Both Motherwell and Dundee met the required conditions to avoid the deduction of points. Although the
has no automatic deduction of points for clubs going into administration, it reserves the right to "deduct championship points before or during a season and/or to impose a player registration embargo on any club". The Scottish Football League also will place a team in the bottom tier (Division Three) if there are any doubts that they can fulfill their fixtures for the forthcoming season. Both times this has happened the Club has been in administration in the summer months.

From the Beeb:

An SPL statement said if administrators are appointed "a 10-point deduction would apply immediately to its total points in the League Championship".

"The club would also be embargoed from registering any new players," it adds.

"A notice of the intention to appoint administrators alone does not trigger the sporting sanctions - it is the actual appointment of administrators which does.

If Rangers go bust completely they'll reform but the biggest winners could be St Mirren and Partick in the short term. They'd have to come through the jock league ladder can't see them getting 40,000 against the likes of Alloa.

Be a big problem for the lower clubs and the Police, no way can the smaller clubs segregate fans properly, for example Brechin's ground has a hedge :D

They won't. Any phoenix club would be allowed directly into the SPL. Given the money that they generate for the league as a whole in sponsorship and TV money then it would be very foolish for the SPL to exclude them.

They won't. Any phoenix club would be allowed directly into the SPL. Given the money that they generate for the league as a whole in sponsorship and TV money then it would be very foolish for the SPL to exclude them.

This is Britain, not the Argentina. We'll see and don't underestimate the real possibility of Rangers FC 1873 going out of existence.

As Alex says it's one of those subjects people talk about but no-one cares, unless you're from Glasgow or Ireland. They are an insignificance in football always have been always will be.

This is Britain, not the Argentina. We'll see and don't underestimate the real possibility of Rangers FC 1873 going out of existence.

As Alex says it's one of those subjects people talk about but no-one cares, unless you're from Glasgow or Ireland. They are an insignificance in football always have been always will be.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that I give a fuck either way. But the club will not go out of existence and will be playing in the SPL for the next hundred years.

TV revenue up there is only £13Mill a season. I think the majority of the non-old firm Chairmen would gladly see them fuck off tbh.

The difference between the "two cheeks of the same arse" (as one of my Aberdonian pals says) and the rest is ridiculous

12%2BHearts%2BSPL%2BRevenue.jpg

Ridiculous to think nobody's won it apart from them two since Ferguson left tbh. Wish he'd fucking stayed (for all too obvious reasons).

Anyway fuck the lot of them. Rubbish league, arsehole fans.

Ridiculous to think nobody's won it apart from them two since Ferguson left tbh. Wish he'd fucking stayed (for all too obvious reasons).

Anyway fuck the lot of them. Rubbish league, arsehole fans.

:icon_lol: You can close the thread now.

Hearts shouldve won it in 86 too.For them not to win it on the last day they needed to be beaten at Dundee or somewhere and Celtic had to win by 5 goals, they beat St Mirren I think 6-1. Dodgy as fuck. Then Fergies Aberdeen beat them in the cup final the following week. Lots of Maroon scaves came out of closets that year. As bad a bunch of bandwagon jumping glory seekers as I've come across. We got their main man John Robertson in 88 and he was fuckin rubbish. And his wife was getting shagged by mackem waste of space John Kay which is why he left in a hurry. Allegedly.

I remember the excitement around the signing of Robertson. He'd scored a goal every other game at Hearts and been top-scorer in the league that season. Of course that was back when loads of the best Scottish players were playing for the best sides in England as well. Trust us to sign one that couldn't make the step-up.