Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

McCoist last week insisted he would "never accept" Rangers being stripped of titles won during the period being probed by the SPL.

And, in a lengthy statement, the manager described the recent uncertainty over Rangers' status as "a ludicrous situation".

Regan and Doncaster have been criticised by the Rangers manager

"No one is denying that Rangers were badly mismanaged for 10 months," said McCoist. "Nor are we disputing that we should be punished for that. We have been. We accept that punishment and want to start putting the past behind us and move forward.

"But that is not being allowed to happen - and I have to ask myself why?

"In recent days, I have been in a number of meetings with Stewart Regan, Rod Petrie and other senior SFA figures - and despair at the lack of leadership shown.

"In my years in professional football, I have not always agreed with everything the SFA did or said. But, no matter what you thought of their decisions, there was no doubt they ran the game firmly and robustly.

"I can only imagine [former chief executive] Ernie Walker looking down on us now and shaking his head in disbelief at the sad state of affairs and the way they have been mishandled.

"The SPL kicked us out - which was their right - and we acknowledge that. But that doesn't seem enough for [chief executive] Neil Doncaster and some of his board.

"Having said they don't want us they do want a bigger share of the TV money that our presence will bring to the SFL and its clubs. Never mind sporting integrity - where is the moral integrity there?

"And there is no line to be drawn in the sand. Rangers have not been punished enough in their eyes and along with one or two people who have a vested interest within SPL clubs, our right to past titles will be challenged.

"They want what we and our fans bring, yet seem determined to strip us of every bit of our dignity. It has to stop."

Mismanaged for ten months? What an arrogant dickhead.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have at it, lads.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19040706

Charles Green has suggested that bigotry was among the motives for punishing the new Rangers for the misdemeanours of the old Ibrox club.

Rangers' chief executive was speaking as his new club started life in the Ramsdens Cup against Brechin City.

He was critical of the decision to deny the club a place in the top flight.

"Some of it has been driven by bigotry, some of its been driven by jealousy and some of its been driven by all the wrong motives," he said.

Rangers went into administration last season and Green's Sevco consortium created a new company after failing to prevent the old one being liquidated.

Scottish Premier League clubs voted against accepting the new club into the top flight and the Scottish Football League clubs voted them into Division Three instead of the First Division.

The Scottish Football Association said Rangers would only be given membership if they accepted sanctions for unpaid football debts by the oldco.

Green's consortium accepted those, but issues relating to media rights and an SPL investigation into how the old Rangers paid players in the previous decade held up the process to such an extent that only a conditional membership was given to allow them to face Brechin while more negotiations take place.

"My frustration's been, after 30 years of business, I have never experienced anything like the last three months," he said.

"Some of the business decisions that have been made really have been nonsensical from a business point of view.

"One of the meetings I went to, one of the reasons why SPL chairmen were under pressure to do something with Rangers was they wouldn't buy season tickets until Rangers were thrown out of the league."

Asked to expand on what he meant by bigotry, Green turned to pressure placed on SPL clubs by their own fans not to allow the new club into the top flight.

"We've got a position whereby Rangers were thrown out of the league and these clubs are still appealing with fans to buy season tickets," he said.

"What's happened with Rangers, as an outsider looking in, although I am now an insider, is absolutely incredible where it seems to me the whole of Scotland have wanted to kick this giant club while it was down.

"I think justice has been done. The club were fined 10 points, it received an £190,000 fine, it was then put out the SPL, it was then put down to the Third Division, it has had to pay all the Scottish club debts, which wouldn't normally happen for a newco to be obliged to pay oldco's debts.

"We're also now paying European debts and there is still potential cloud hanging over the club from the SPL over EBT issues.

"I had meetings last week with some Uefa officials who say this is unprecedented in Europe."

So far there has been no response from the SPL to Green's comments.

Fucking hell man, you'd think they'd keep their fucking heads down and take their medicine. McCoist and now this other bellend giving it the big licks about how they don't deserve this punishment. Bigger persecution complex than the scousers?!

at the end of the day, they are fighting their club's corner. Most NUFC supporters would do exactly the same, and any other club.

Despite the howls of indignant protests ie "its not fair", "in an idea world they would be blah blah blah".....the fact is that they were NEVER going to disappear into thin air. This has been obvious to a blind man. In a few years they will be back alongside Celtic and the events of today and the next few years it takes to do that, will be nothing but a distant memory.

This Green character has some brass neck hasn't he?

Rangers FC don't exist, I don't know how many times it needs saying. They're lucky they've been accepted in to Division 3 never mind nowt else the newco. Silly Yorkshire cunt. No offence sniffer.

The only thing I agree with him about is Rangers should not be expected to honour old debts, because as everyone keeps telling them, and something that is an actual fact, they don't exist! You can't be expected to pay debts because of a business which no longer is a being entity.

Having said that, they're a bunch of wanks I only reserve more contempt for Sunderland and Liverpool than the bigot brothers. Would've laughed my tits off if they'd have lost today, lucky bastards.

This Green character has some brass neck hasn't he?

Rangers FC don't exist, I don't know how many times it needs saying. They're lucky they've been accepted in to Division 3 never mind nowt else the newco. Silly Yorkshire cunt. No offence sniffer.

The only thing I agree with him about is Rangers should not be expected to honour old debts, because as everyone keeps telling them, and something that is an actual fact, they don't exist! You can't be expected to pay debts because of a business which no longer is a being entity.

Having said that, they're a bunch of wanks I only reserve more contempt for Sunderland and Liverpool than the bigot brothers. Would've laughed my tits off if they'd have lost today, lucky bastards.

They do still exist though. As I've said the talks they've been involved in all week have been about taking the Oldco's registration and therefore their history. The only thing that has changed in the name of the owner.

They do still exist though. As I've said the talks they've been involved in all week have been about taking the Oldco's registration and therefore their history. The only thing that has changed in the name of the owner.

They can have as many registrations as they like but Rangers FC existed from 1873 to 2012. That is a fact. They ceased trading and everything else last month. They formed a new company and new club because the old one ceased to exist, regardless of technicalities that is a fact.

Cue Topcat, a leftfooter under the guise of a Thistle fan.

Not a leftfooter bud - detest the green filth the same level as I despise the blue filth (da's a taig and my ma is a hun - i'm just a balanced individual!) - ideal weekend was always when the PTFC won and the Irish Teams in Glasgow both lost.

Bit of a silly statement from Green given that the club the Schrödingers Cat FC club he represents - in its' previous incarnation - was entirely founded on bigotry. Of course there is no evidence for this statement as he is essentially appealing to the knuckledragging element of The Rangers support to show he's on their side and happy to have the bigots back buying the tickets. As LM says they're not going away but statements like this are regrettable.

It's not a fact. When they get the full registration next week then it'll be the continuation of a 100+ year old club.

Explain to me exactly what has ceased to exist and exactly how it has done so?

http://www.scottishf...lub/rangers-fc/

How will it be a continuation when they didn't even exist 2 weeks ago, you'll have to explain that.

Even on that abortion of a site, they admit the name of the football club wasn't what it was 8 weeks ago. "The Rangers FC". Explain why they're called the Rangers FC, then you might need to understand why you need to pipe down. Founded:1873 is just wrong. The fucking site can't even get their strips right.

:lol: What doesn't exist? AFAIA the Oldco hasn't been liquidated yet.

Apart from Rangers playing in Div 3 and having lost a load of players please tell me what will be different about them next season.

:lol: What doesn't exist? AFAIA the Oldco hasn't been liquidated yet.

Apart from Rangers playing in Div 3 and having lost a load of players please tell me what will be different about them next season.

:lol:

Nothing more needs saying tbh.

Apply your logic to NUFC Stevie.

If, God forbid, the same happened to ud, would you be so quick to write off our long and proud history ?

Regardless what my feelings were, the facts would be NUFC wouldn't exist, they'd be dead. That's a fact no one could possibly get away from.

Aye, but you'd follow the new team , entirely because of the history { and your personal attachment to it}, of the old " non existant" team.

The one can only exist because of the other.

:lol:

Nothing more needs saying tbh.

If the Oldco has been liquidated and therefore doesn't exist then how can they have been involved in discussions all week?

Do some basic research, dickhead.

If the Oldco has been liquidated and therefore doesn't exist then how can they have been involved in discussions all week?

Do some basic research, dickhead.

It was liquidated on the 14th June 2012, you dwarflike bellend of a lad. The club liquidated, and the assets purchased on the cheap by Sevco, explain what it is you don't understand about that?

Edited by McFaul

Aye, but you'd follow the new team , entirely because of the history { and your personal attachment to it}, of the old " non existant" team.

The one can only exist because of the other.

Of course I'd follow the new team, but the company Newcastle United Football Club would no longer exist, and with it their trophy haul would be consigned to history.

Middlesbrough AFC which ceased to exist in 1985 didn't have those worries though :)

It was liquidated on the 14th June 2012, you dwarflike bellend of a lad. The club liquidated, and the assets purchased on the cheap by Sevco, explain what it is you don't understand about that?

:lol: You've already proven yourself to be clueless about finance when you claimed that a company's retained profit and operating profit were the same thing. There's no need to embarrass yourself any further.

They were put into liquidation on 14th of June, this isn't an instantaneous process and they have not yet been liquidated nor dissolved.

Stick to the subjects you actually know something about.

:lol: You've already proven yourself to be clueless about finance when you claimed that a company's retained profit and operating profit were the same thing. There's no need to embarrass yourself any further.

They were put into liquidation on 14th of June, this isn't an instantaneous process and they have not yet been liquidated nor dissolved.

Stick to the subjects you actually know something about.

Why the need to form a new club under a new trading company? Of course they've been liquidated. Old Rangers don't exist.