Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

You'd follow them , naturally, and are you seriously saying you'd write off the Keegan years ( for example), the 50s FA Cup runs, The Fairs Cup?

All that would be gone in your mind , and you'd be watching a brand new, essentially rootless team?

I honestly find that hard to believe Stevie, especially of you, a lad who the history and meaning of the club is so important too.

I know I couldn't just write it off.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the need to form a new club under a new trading company? Of course they've been liquidated. Old Rangers don't exist.

If they don't exist then how were they involved in last week's discussions? Riddle me that.

You'd follow them , naturally, and are you seriously saying you'd write off the Keegan years ( for example), the 50s FA Cup runs, The Fairs Cup?

All that would be gone in your mind , and you'd be watching a brand new, essentially rootless team?

I honestly find that hard to believe Stevie, especially of you, a lad who the history and meaning of the club is so important too.

He has backed himself into a corner. This is the point where both rationale and facts go out the window.

If they don't exist then how were they involved in last week's discussions? Riddle me that.

It's a mystery and something that UEFA said last week was unprecedented.

I couldn't write it off, but the trading company NUFC wouldn't exist. It just wouldn't be an entity. It's like New York Cosmos were THE team of New York, they folded. Should New York Red Bulls assume their history and identity?

It's a mystery and something that UEFA said last week was unprecedented.

It's not a mystery. It's a legal fact that they exist. Do a search at Companies House. It's time to recognise the facts or 'pipe down'.

There's a good lad.

I couldn't write it off, but the trading company NUFC wouldn't exist. It just wouldn't be an entity. It's like New York Cosmos were THE team of New York, they folded. Should New York Red Bulls assume their history and identity?

No because they are an entirely different and unrelated team.

The Cosmos eventually folded in the mid eighties, the Red Bulls didn't start until at least the late Nineties.

The Rangers changeover is/was almost instant. It's the same club, ground and, to a point , staff.

I'd have no problem with a "New Rangers" fan referring to Championships and Cups won in the past.

No because they are an entirely different and unrelated team.

The Cosmos eventually folded in the mid eighties, the Red Bulls didn't start until at least the late Nineties.

The Rangers changeover is/was almost instant. It's the same club, ground and, to a point , staff.

I'd have no problem with a "New Rangers" fan referring to Championships and Cups won in the past.

Well I do. It's a new company, the old company failed to point it became extinct. They have to trade under a new name so I don't understand how a new company should assume the accomplishments of the old company.

I'll refer you back if it happened to NUFC, exactly the same way.

Would you write off our history so easily?

If not, then you have to allow Rangers fans to retain theirs.

Fact is, they're going to anyway, so it's ultimately a moot point.

I'll refer you back if it happened to NUFC, exactly the same way.

Would you write off our history so easily?

If not, then you have to allow Rangers fans to retain theirs.

Fact is, they're going to anyway, so it's ultimately a moot point.

I wouldn't write off our history but I'd accept it had nothing to do with the new club.

You're an east end lad, you'll remember Parish's on Shields Road as a bairn, it no longer exists, if say Lidl's bought it and brought in the christmas window again, you couldn't say Lidl's had 80 years of christmas window tradition on Shields Road.

That's by far the shittest analogy I've written on this board but you get my point. I fucking hate Rangers anyway, trampy cunts.

I'm unsure about Rangers factually. If it was a clean break as I originally suspected, newco wouldn't carry oldco debts. But if the administrators have sold newco the assets then I have to assume oldco had gone.

Club in view of legal system and club in view of their fans are different entities.

Should Red Bulls take Metrostars identity?

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see the biggest club in eh werruld go that way, but they're more prudently managed than Rangers or Hearts were.

It's pretty sad that nationally Darlo's situation has largely passed unnoticed.

Hearts appear to be circling the drain now.

In similar circumstances to The Rangers, it appears The Jam Tarts have a big AND a wee unpaid tax bill due to the HMRC - they even sing the same bigoted songs as their weegieland big brothers so nae sympathy - can't see many tightwad teuchter Hearts fans stumping up the cash to bail them out

In similar circumstances to The Rangers, it appears The Jam Tarts have a big AND a wee unpaid tax bill due to the HMRC - they even sing the same bigoted songs as their weegieland big brothers so nae sympathy - can't see many tightwad teuchter Hearts fans stumping up the cash to bail them out

Bit of a difference between £1.75 Mill and £80 Mill as "big" tax cases mind.

Bit of a difference between £1.75 Mill and £80 Mill as "big" tax cases mind.

agreed there's a bit of a difference but it's enough for a small club with a dwindling fan base to shove it over the edge - and I reckon there will be a few more in the next few years too - HMRC have realised there's no money in the game up here and are going in heavy on the assets.

agreed there's a bit of a difference but it's enough for a small club with a dwindling fan base to shove it over the edge - and I reckon there will be a few more in the next few years too - HMRC have realised there's no money in the game up here and are going in heavy on the assets.

That's the problem, they can't get at the assetts, see Newco, the whole thing sold for £5.5 Million

I think they are "going heavy" up there because there's no Football Creditors rule, they'll do the same thing here if they get rid of that rule. Football has taken HMRC for hundreds of millions over the years.