Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

so will rangers get saved thats the question eh

yes Deadman, the administration is just a convenient way to sack lots of people and walk away from their debts.

according to some, it means they disappear forever never to be seen again and taken over by Morrisons.

They will be back winning their tin pot league again in a couple of years time and nobody will give a fuck about this news

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember McSwegan scoring a header which I could have sworn curled in the air. First and only time I've ever seen it happen. Wasn't a Glasgow breeze catching it either.

You're reet! I tell you another time it happened, Euro 88 when Holland beat Ireland 1-0 with a late goal, that ball fucking curled, think it was a header from Wim Kieft.

Aye the ball was spinning loads though, i.e. it spun off the turf iirc. Think the one manc-mag is on about I think the ball actually swerved in the air.

That's the badger. It was actually the Marseille game Stevie was mentioning, which is what must've jogged my memory.

7:51 shows it but there were other angles at the time (from squarer behind him) where it really whips.

That's the badger. It was actually the Marseille game Stevie was mentioning, which is what must've jogged my memory.

7:51 shows it but there were other angles at the time (from squarer behind him) where it really whips.

9:09 how a crowd should celebrate a goal. Arsenal have never celebrated like that in their history.

so will rangers get saved thats the question eh

yes Deadman, the administration is just a convenient way to sack lots of people and walk away from their debts.

according to some, it means they disappear forever never to be seen again and taken over by Morrisons.

They will be back winning their tin pot league again in a couple of years time and nobody will give a fuck about this news

On what proof do you base your suppositions?

9:09 how a crowd should celebrate a goal. Arsenal have never celebrated like that in their history.

Last free kick is by Hibs legend Franck Sauzee

About 40% proof is typical with Leazes.

7.18 Weegie Wedgie.

About 40% proof is typical with Leazes.

do fuck off you stupid arsehole. Are you going to spend the next 4 years bickering with me then posting mountains of hot air saying what I told you all the time again ?

The Rangers fan at the desk next to mine has just informed me with a straight face that inside and outside Ibrox on Saturday they'll be 70k "at least". When I remarked that recently theyd got a big 17k (all inside) for a match he mentioned that after selling Jelavich last month and finding something more useful to do with the cash (legal fees?), Whyte "doesnt deserve any more of our money".

Righty-oh.

:lol:

Edited by PaddockLad

Would be mint if they go bust, honestly I would love, then they could say "er wan o eh biggest former clubs in eh werruld". I've never heard anyone who isn't scottish say Rangers are a big club, that's what happens if you live beyond their means, we as workers pay our taxes why should a medium sized football club be exempt?

Do you know the season we finished 3rd in the old 2nd division, (1983-84), we averaged 29,811? (It was the 3rd best in the country).

Did you also know in the same year Rangers won the Scottish title and Celtic were runners up? Rangers averaged 21,996 as Champions and their mates got 18,390.

Just saying, like.

Edited by Howmanheyman

that is what usually happens mate, in football,ie they come back again like they do after a relegation for instance, not the scaremongering put out and taken in by people who don't know very much about football ? Especially those who hate the people who saved NUFC from the very administration that would almost certainly have came by virtue of decades of apathy rather than sell out crowds, "trophy players" and regular European Football through good positions in the premiership, which in itself is a joke.

Do you or anyone else disagree and if so, what do you think will happen to Rangers ? Do you think they will be taken over by Morrisons, or fade into oblivion like Third Lanarch ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Would be mint if they go bust, honestly I would love, then they could say "er wan o eh biggest former clubs in eh werruld". I've never heard anyone who isn't scottish say Rangers are a big club, that's what happens if you live beyond their means, we as workers pay our taxes why should a medium sized football club be exempt?

They shouldn't but they all are becasue of the football creditors rule.

Clubs that should have died and gone back to the start:

Charlton 1984

Middlesbrough 1986

Tranmere 1987

Newport County 1989

Walsall 1990

Northampton 1992

Kettering 1992

Aldershot 1992

Maidstone 1992

Hartlepool 1994

Barnet 1994

Exeter 1994, 2003

Gillingham 1995

Doncaster 1997

Millwall 1997

Bournemouth 1997, 2008

Darlington 1997, 2009

Chester 1998, 2009

Hereford 1998

Portsmouth 1999, 2010

Crystal Palace 1999, 2010

Oxford Utd 1999

Barrow 1999

Swindon 2000, 2002

Scarborough 2000

Hull 2001

QPR 2001

Chesterfield 2001

Leicester 2002

Barnsley 2002

Carlisle 2002

Notts County 2002

Bury 2002

Bradford 2002

Port Vale 2002

Lincoln City 2002

Swansea City 2002

York 2002

Halifax Town 2002, 2008

Derby 2003

Ipswich 2003

Huddersfield 2003

Oldham 2003

MK Dons 2003

Wimbledon 2003

Wrexham 2004

Cambridge 2005

Crawley Town 2006

Rotherham 2006, 2008

Leeds United 2007

Boston United 2007

Southampton 2008

Luton 2008

Stockport 2009

Salisbury 2009

that is what usually happens mate, in football,ie they come back again like they do after a relegation for instance, not the scaremongering put out and taken in by people who don't know very much about football ? Especially those who hate the people who saved NUFC from the very administration that would almost certainly have came by virtue of decades of apathy rather than sell out crowds, "trophy players" and regular European Football through good positions in the premiership, which in itself is a joke.

Do you or anyone else disagree and if so, what do you think will happen to Rangers ? Do you think they will be taken over by Morrisons, or fade into oblivion like Third Lanarch ?

This sounds very close to you suggesting bankruptcy is an acceptable part of football?

They shouldn't but they all are becasue of the football creditors rule.

Clubs that should have died and gone back to the start:

Charlton 1984

Middlesbrough 1986

Tranmere 1987

Newport County 1989

Walsall 1990

Northampton 1992

Kettering 1992

Aldershot 1992

Maidstone 1992

Hartlepool 1994

Barnet 1994

Exeter 1994, 2003

Gillingham 1995

Doncaster 1997

Millwall 1997

Bournemouth 1997, 2008

Darlington 1997, 2009

Chester 1998, 2009

Hereford 1998

Portsmouth 1999, 2010

Crystal Palace 1999, 2010

Oxford Utd 1999

Barrow 1999

Swindon 2000, 2002

Scarborough 2000

Hull 2001

QPR 2001

Chesterfield 2001

Leicester 2002

Barnsley 2002

Carlisle 2002

Notts County 2002

Bury 2002

Bradford 2002

Port Vale 2002

Lincoln City 2002

Swansea City 2002

York 2002

Halifax Town 2002, 2008

Derby 2003

Ipswich 2003

Huddersfield 2003

Oldham 2003

MK Dons 2003

Wimbledon 2003

Wrexham 2004

Cambridge 2005

Crawley Town 2006

Rotherham 2006, 2008

Leeds United 2007

Boston United 2007

Southampton 2008

Luton 2008

Stockport 2009

Salisbury 2009

thats a canny few supermarkets !!

:lol:

If a supermaket buys Rangers it'll more than likely be ASDA rather than Morrisons as I've more than once heard them say they're usually 'happy to help'.

ASDA = Ashleys Sports Direct Arena

Rumours some Hun-fans are spouting isthat they could liquidate and the new "Rangers" company will buy up Ibrox etc and rather than re-apply to the SFA they'll buy a 3rd Div/Conference club and do a MK Dons. Faced with a likely work back up the ladder situation in Scotland, why not do it in the richer pyramid.

Back door into the English leagues. Dunno how viable/possible it is, but an interesting (nightmare!!) possibility and I would guess the "Non English" precedent's set due to Cardiff, Swansea etc.