Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

Do you know the season we finished 3rd in the old 2nd division, (1983-84), we averaged 29,811? (It was the 3rd best in the country).

Did you also know in the same year Rangers won the Scottish title and Celtic were runners up? Rangers averaged 21,996 as Champions and their mates got 18,390.

Just saying, like.

Rangers regularly averaged 15 and 16000. Both clubs never averaged over 40,000 in their history till the mid 90's neither, historically we piss on them support wise, and in my eyes by far we will always be bigger than the two of them. Both fickle supports surrounded by mistruths and myths, most of their support don't even realise the truth, especially the younger ones.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is what usually happens mate, in football,ie they come back again like they do after a relegation for instance, not the scaremongering put out and taken in by people who don't know very much about football ? Especially those who hate the people who saved NUFC from the very administration that would almost certainly have came by virtue of decades of apathy rather than sell out crowds, "trophy players" and regular European Football through good positions in the premiership, which in itself is a joke. Do you or anyone else disagree and if so, what do you think will happen to Rangers ? Do you think they will be taken over by Morrisons, or fade into oblivion like Third Lanarch ?
This sounds very close to you suggesting bankruptcy is an acceptable part of football?

I think LM is just saying that so far the evidence is they'll continue to exist in some form or another, doesn't look like he's saying it's right tbf.

Rumours some Hun-fans are spouting isthat they could liquidate and the new "Rangers" company will buy up Ibrox etc and rather than re-apply to the SFA they'll buy a 3rd Div/Conference club and do a MK Dons. Faced with a likely work back up the ladder situation in Scotland, why not do it in the richer pyramid.

Back door into the English leagues. Dunno how viable/possible it is, but an interesting (nightmare!!) possibility and I would guess the "Non English" precedent's set due to Cardiff, Swansea etc.

Be funny if this happened only for the FA to tell them to fuck off.

Would be mint if they go bust, honestly I would love, then they could say "er wan o eh biggest former clubs in eh werruld". I've never heard anyone who isn't scottish say Rangers are a big club, that's what happens if you live beyond their means, we as workers pay our taxes why should a medium sized football club be exempt?

They shouldn't but they all are becasue of the football creditors rule.

Clubs that should have died and gone back to the start:

Charlton 1984

Middlesbrough 1986

Tranmere 1987

Newport County 1989

Walsall 1990

Northampton 1992

Kettering 1992

Aldershot 1992

Maidstone 1992

Hartlepool 1994

Barnet 1994

Exeter 1994, 2003

Gillingham 1995

Doncaster 1997

Millwall 1997

Bournemouth 1997, 2008

Darlington 1997, 2009

Chester 1998, 2009

Hereford 1998

Portsmouth 1999, 2010

Crystal Palace 1999, 2010

Oxford Utd 1999

Barrow 1999

Swindon 2000, 2002

Scarborough 2000

Hull 2001

QPR 2001

Chesterfield 2001

Leicester 2002

Barnsley 2002

Carlisle 2002

Notts County 2002

Bury 2002

Bradford 2002

Port Vale 2002

Lincoln City 2002

Swansea City 2002

York 2002

Halifax Town 2002, 2008

Derby 2003

Ipswich 2003

Huddersfield 2003

Oldham 2003

MK Dons 2003

Wimbledon 2003

Wrexham 2004

Cambridge 2005

Crawley Town 2006

Rotherham 2006, 2008

Leeds United 2007

Boston United 2007

Southampton 2008

Luton 2008

Stockport 2009

Salisbury 2009

thats a canny few supermarkets !!

Hope Ahmed's corner shop buys them considering how many bigots and racists they have amongst them.

Rumours some Hun-fans are spouting isthat they could liquidate and the new "Rangers" company will buy up Ibrox etc and rather than re-apply to the SFA they'll buy a 3rd Div/Conference club and do a MK Dons. Faced with a likely work back up the ladder situation in Scotland, why not do it in the richer pyramid.

Back door into the English leagues. Dunno how viable/possible it is, but an interesting (nightmare!!) possibility and I would guess the "Non English" precedent's set due to Cardiff, Swansea etc.

If they bought an existing "member" and then relocated that member, doubt the FA could do owt about it, MK Dons precedent is set, as is the non-English one. European law being what it is, in terms of restraint of trade etc etc it could be a runner. I can't see it myself but it's an interesting supposition.

Edited by Toonpack

that is what usually happens mate, in football,ie they come back again like they do after a relegation for instance, not the scaremongering put out and taken in by people who don't know very much about football ? Especially those who hate the people who saved NUFC from the very administration that would almost certainly have came by virtue of decades of apathy rather than sell out crowds, "trophy players" and regular European Football through good positions in the premiership, which in itself is a joke.

Do you or anyone else disagree and if so, what do you think will happen to Rangers ? Do you think they will be taken over by Morrisons, or fade into oblivion like Third Lanarch ?

i think they'll be wound up & reformed probably in Division 1, as that kind of mealy-mouthed compromise is the sort of thing the SFA are good at; see, for example, the Airdrie United fiasco, whereby they replaced Clydebank by purchasing their registration.

What should happen is what happened to Gretna, but it won't, for reasons of pragmatism.

Not sure what relevance the reference to Shepherd & the Halls has in this instance

If they bought an existing "member" and then relocated that member, doubt the FA could do owt about it, MK Dons precedent is set, as is the non-English one. European law being what it is, in terms of restraint of trade etc etc it could be a runner. I can't see it myself but it's an interesting supposition.

I think the FA changed the rules after the Wimbledon/MK Dons thing to make sure it didn't happen again. Could be wrong though.

They should be relegated to the 3rd division at the very least tbh. Then they get to play in England, well, Berwick anyway.

Btw, I remember going beserk in a bar full of Germans in Ampuriabrava when Porto beat Bayern Munich when the Porto player scored with a backheel. Bayern were winning with about 5 mins to go as well. Fortunately I was about 13 which helped me not getting filled-in.

87 that wasn't it? don't recall seeing that final for some reason

Would've been 87-ish, aye.

Recently retro-Rambled here, as it happens:

http://www.thefootballramble.com/blog/entry/retro-ramble-fc-porto-2-bayern-munich-1-25th-may-1987

that is what usually happens mate, in football,ie they come back again like they do after a relegation for instance, not the scaremongering put out and taken in by people who don't know very much about football ? Especially those who hate the people who saved NUFC from the very administration that would almost certainly have came by virtue of decades of apathy rather than sell out crowds, "trophy players" and regular European Football through good positions in the premiership, which in itself is a joke.

Do you or anyone else disagree and if so, what do you think will happen to Rangers ? Do you think they will be taken over by Morrisons, or fade into oblivion like Third Lanarch ?

This sounds very close to you suggesting bankruptcy is an acceptable part of football?

wtf are you blabbing on about

"Hun-fans".

Fuck me.

that is what usually happens mate, in football,ie they come back again like they do after a relegation for instance, not the scaremongering put out and taken in by people who don't know very much about football ? Especially those who hate the people who saved NUFC from the very administration that would almost certainly have came by virtue of decades of apathy rather than sell out crowds, "trophy players" and regular European Football through good positions in the premiership, which in itself is a joke. Do you or anyone else disagree and if so, what do you think will happen to Rangers ? Do you think they will be taken over by Morrisons, or fade into oblivion like Third Lanarch ?

I think LM is just saying that so far the evidence is they'll continue to exist in some form or another, doesn't look like he's saying it's right tbf.

exactly. As I've always said. Do all the young 'uns believe they hype, scaremongering etc that they read, and NUFC had decades of glorious success and trophies prior to supporters wives and girlfriends being called dogs in 1998 ?

Would be far more interesting if he simply told us what gloom and permanent doom scenario is going to befall Rangers now instead ? Or is he going to babble on for years about nothing, disagreeing with anything I say just because its me then saying in the end what I've said all along, such as people like manc mag do ?

They shouldn't but they all are becasue of the football creditors rule.

Clubs that should have died and gone back to the start:

Charlton 1984

Middlesbrough 1986

Tranmere 1987

Newport County 1989

Walsall 1990

Northampton 1992

Kettering 1992

Aldershot 1992

Maidstone 1992

Hartlepool 1994

Barnet 1994

Exeter 1994, 2003

Gillingham 1995

Doncaster 1997

Millwall 1997

Bournemouth 1997, 2008

Darlington 1997, 2009

Chester 1998, 2009

Hereford 1998

Portsmouth 1999, 2010

Crystal Palace 1999, 2010

Oxford Utd 1999

Barrow 1999

Swindon 2000, 2002

Scarborough 2000

Hull 2001

QPR 2001

Chesterfield 2001

Leicester 2002

Barnsley 2002

Carlisle 2002

Notts County 2002

Bury 2002

Bradford 2002

Port Vale 2002

Lincoln City 2002

Swansea City 2002

York 2002

Halifax Town 2002, 2008

Derby 2003

Ipswich 2003

Huddersfield 2003

Oldham 2003

MK Dons 2003

Wimbledon 2003

Wrexham 2004

Cambridge 2005

Crawley Town 2006

Rotherham 2006, 2008

Leeds United 2007

Boston United 2007

Southampton 2008

Luton 2008

Stockport 2009

Salisbury 2009

thats a canny few supermarkets !!

Hope Ahmed's corner shop buys them considering how many bigots and racists they have amongst them.

or a Catholic

i think they'll be wound up & reformed probably in Division 1, as that kind of mealy-mouthed compromise is the sort of thing the SFA are good at; see, for example, the Airdrie United fiasco, whereby they replaced Clydebank by purchasing their registration.

What should happen is what happened to Gretna, but it won't, for reasons of pragmatism.

Not sure what relevance the reference to Shepherd & the Halls has in this instance

I'm not really sure why people insinuated that the Halls and Shepherd would have sent NUFC into the arms of Morrisons either, but they did. And still do in fact.

Whatever happens to Rangers, if they stay in the Jock League, they will be challenging Celtic again before we know it and nobody will give a fuck about this "disaster".

Disagree with you on both counts; think Her Majesty's XI will have a couple of fallow years before they challenge again in the league for certain. An assured Scottish presence in CL initial group stages has been mentioned, allowing the Tic to gain a massive financial march on their rivals in the short term.

As far as the Halls go; can I just say the unreconstructed Thatcherite megalomaniac was a parasite on the body politic of NUFC. Naming a stand after himself was bad enough, but the money he took out the club was a scandal. I'll kick the cunt's coffin given the chance. Please don't get me started on his family or the scum from Jesmond Park West.

Do you know the season we finished 3rd in the old 2nd division, (1983-84), we averaged 29,811? (It was the 3rd best in the country). Did you also know in the same year Rangers won the Scottish title and Celtic were runners up? Rangers averaged 21,996 as Champions and their mates got 18,390. Just saying, like.
Rangers regularly averaged 15 and 16000. Both clubs never averaged over 40,000 in their history till the mid 90's neither, historically we piss on them support wise, and in my eyes by far we will always be bigger than the two of them. Both fickle supports surrounded by mistruths and myths, most of their support don't even realise the truth, especially the younger ones.

We got our best ever average, 56,000 in the 2nd division in 1948. Rangers won the title in the same year with half of that, 28,000.

I think Celtic's record is even worse to be honest.

Rangers had only three 40K plus averages in their history before 1993, one 40K and two 44K's. Celtic had none!

Just goes to show how many gloryhunters have jumped on their bandwagon these last twenty years, their crowds considering they were winning titles or pushing for titles is amazingly average to poor especially when you hear the shite spouted by any of their fans or media people who haven't a clue how many they actually used to get!

Whenever the shit crowds tag is levelled at us it's never a fair comparison either. Like it's our shittest attendances in the 80s v someone like Man City in the third tier or Leeds in the third tier. It's never a comparison against other clubs in the same season. Convenient that.

Disagree with you on both counts; think Her Majesty's XI will have a couple of fallow years before they challenge again in the league for certain. An assured Scottish presence in CL initial group stages has been mentioned, allowing the Tic to gain a massive financial march on their rivals in the short term.

As far as the Halls go; can I just say the unreconstructed Thatcherite megalomaniac was a parasite on the body politic of NUFC. Naming a stand after himself was bad enough, but the money he took out the club was a scandal. I'll kick the cunt's coffin given the chance. Please don't get me started on his family or the scum from Jesmond Park West.

thankfully, we didn't carry on under the McKeags, Seymours etc, or you would have been watching us playing 3rd division in a cow shed with 10,000 supporters like Sheffield Wednesday, and certain administration, instead of playing in the Nou Camp and San Siro in the Champions League.

And half the posters on here, NO and skunkers, would have been spending Saturday afternoons in IKEA, like they did under the McKeags, Seymours etc.

You do with the club what happened from 1992-2007, and you can walk away with as much as you like. That's capitalism and life for you, instead of that failed Marxist stuff.

Edited by LeazesMag

I think it's fair to say the Old Firm have a huge following in terms of people who buy the shirts and watch them in the pub, but who would never dream of actually bothering to go and see them. Celtic's crowds under Mowbray two years ago were pathetic, the only thing more ridiculous than their fans still claiming how amazing they were was the blatantly fictional attendance figures they were publishing. They can both get fucked.

Can you tell I'm an Aberdeen season ticket holder? :)

Follow his logic, it's utterly horrible:

On the one hand it's fine for clubs to go into administration/bust, it's just what happens and they come straight back. It's a mere technical procedure.

On the other hand (the very next sentence) Hall and Shepherd 'saved' NUFC from administration/going bust etc etc...in this case if it'd have happened instead of Hall and Shepherd's intervention it wouldn't have been a mere technical procedure at all, it'd have been a cataclysmic event.

The same cake-and-eat-it tripe he's been force feeding us for years.

Basically yes, a club can go bust in the worst case scenario and then something similar can start up again. Why would a bloke who's bought an asset for £100's of millions want to do that though? Yes the supporters might, but they're not in it for the thick end of a quarter of a billion each. This is an argument that applies only to an ownership that have acquired the company for buttons and owe tens of millions.

Yes, in that case of course it might be preferable to go bust and sack your creditors off. That's what operating behind a limited company allows you to do. The last lot might well have contemplated it if they'd been around when the banks nearly fell. Why would you do that if you'd bought it for £100's of millions though and could operate it so that it paid off its debts and might still possibly be able to recover your outlay at some point in the distant future?

Whenever the shit crowds tag is levelled at us it's never a fair comparison either. Like it's our shittest attendances in the 80s v someone like Man City in the third tier or Leeds in the third tier. It's never a comparison against other clubs in the same season. Convenient that.

Just ask them averages at the end of the day. I always ask them why focus on a particular year unless it suits their agenda massively? Averages over 50 years-given we've not won a domestic trophy in that time we're pretty respectable.

thankfully, we didn't carry on under the McKeags, Seymours etc, or you would have been watching us playing 3rd division in a cow shed with 10,000 supporters like Sheffield Wednesday, and certain administration, instead of playing in the Nou Camp and San Siro in the Champions League.

And half the posters on here, NO and skunkers, would have been spending Saturday afternoons in IKEA, like they did under the McKeags, Seymours etc.

You do with the club what happened from 1992-2007, and you can walk away with as much as you like. That's capitalism and life for you, instead of that failed Marxist stuff.

It was like Faust, I'll agree with you.

As for skunkers, it's the true faith of messageboard land - take from that what you will.....