Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

There are of course links - not all historical - between Hearts and Rangers as well as Hibs and Celtic. But Stevie, have you been to Tynecastle? I haven't been to a softer ground.

Been twice aye. Once against us and once against Dundee. It's the best atmosphere in Scotland on its' day.

The atmosphere at this game stuck in my memory, just off the telly, I can remember how passionate they were, the centre half scores a volley from about 40 yards. They're passionate Hearts fans, and also many of them are BIGOTS. It's the only other ground you'll see UJs at every week.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers hooligan mob had strong links with the Chelsea Headhunters 20 odd years ago, so did the Hearts lot but on a lesser scale.In the league table of "tidy firms" they both lagged well behind Aberdeen and in their own city Hibs, as we found out at Tynecastle in 87 when Hib's CCS mob formed a "reception comittee" on Gorgie Road for Mags leaving the ground after a pre season friendly (Gazza scored the winner 1-0).

Dont know how much of that still goes on, but its the same as most thug related shite; its not as common as it once was. My brothers father in law is a season ticket holder at Tynecastle and is the nicest man I've ever met in my life :thumbup:

When we were up for the tournament in 95 we got talking to a couple of Rangers fans who were coppers - they reckoned nobody in Scotland were like Aberdeen when it came to "proper" thuggery. They said they always had to think twice when they were ordered to get stuck into them.

I suppose the Glasgow/Edinburgh lot are a bit like Newcastle - most bother is just hardish lads who are pissed rather than proper firms.

Also it's a classic Irvine Welsh quote which I always suspected was true that Hearts fans are more numerous and more passionate about the game than Hibs but Hibs have the better firm.

Been twice aye. Once against us and once against Dundee. It's the best atmosphere in Scotland on its' day.

The atmosphere at this game stuck in my memory, just off the telly, I can remember how passionate they were, the centre half scores a volley from about 40 yards. They're passionate Hearts fans, and also many of them are BIGOTS. It's the only other ground you'll see UJs at every week.

Progress, we've gone from all of them, to many of them. Hurrah !!!! There is hope, bold bit let's it down mind.

When we were up for the tournament in 95 we got talking to a couple of Rangers fans who were coppers - they reckoned nobody in Scotland were like Aberdeen when it came to "proper" thuggery. They said they always had to think twice when they were ordered to get stuck into them.

I suppose the Glasgow/Edinburgh lot are a bit like Newcastle - most bother is just hardish lads who are pissed rather than proper firms.

Also it's a classic Irvine Welsh quote which I always suspected was true that Hearts fans are more numerous and more passionate about the game than Hibs but Hibs have the better firm.

I lived on Easter Road around the time Keegan came back as manager. A highlight of my time there was watching Hibs and Aberdeen trading petrol bombs up and down the road after a game one Saturday evening. Hibs were handy too, well documented as you say in Welsh's first two or 3 books. Don't think he was involved too much in the violent stuff but he was "one of the lads" as it were. Hibs were as nasty as Aberdeen but lacked the numbers Aberdeen had. The rest were pretty much as you say, if there was something kicking off thered be no shortage of volunteers but little in the way of proper "firms".

Aberdeen were the first organised "casual" firm in Scotland. When they played Liverpool in 81 European cup the trip to Anfield was an eye opener....Liverpool fans had been totalling posh boutiques on the continent for years and robbing stuff to wear at matches...in those days it was stuff like Benetton jumpers and Kicker boots, good quality bleached jeans, expensive, hard to find trainers etc...Aberdeen copied the style but got it completely fuckin wrong by paying for it all and going for a native Scottish angle (Pringle,Lyle & Scott etc) which made them look like the bastard offspring of Jimmy Tarbuck and Peter Alliss. But that all spread like wildfire and soon every footy lad in Britain was dressed as if he was on the 17th green at fuckin Wentworth :D

At work at Livingston and asked my Hibs supporting mate if Hearts and rangers are linked with swapping supporters. He said no they are just both proddy scum.

Sounds a lovely fella.

I lived on Easter Road around the time Keegan came back as manager. A highlight of my time there was watching Hibs and Aberdeen trading petrol bombs up and down the road after a game one Saturday evening. Hibs were handy too, well documented as you say in Welsh's first two or 3 books. Don't think he was involved too much in the violent stuff but he was "one of the lads" as it were. Hibs were as nasty as Aberdeen but lacked the numbers Aberdeen had. The rest were pretty much as you say, if there was something kicking off thered be no shortage of volunteers but little in the way of proper "firms".

Aberdeen were the first organised "casual" firm in Scotland. When they played Liverpool in 81 European cup the trip to Anfield was an eye opener....Liverpool fans had been totalling posh boutiques on the continent for years and robbing stuff to wear at matches...in those days it was stuff like Benetton jumpers and Kicker boots, good quality bleached jeans, expensive, hard to find trainers etc...Aberdeen copied the style but got it completely fuckin wrong by paying for it all and going for a native Scottish angle (Pringle,Lyle & Scott etc) which made them look like the bastard offspring of Jimmy Tarbuck and Peter Alliss. But that all spread like wildfire and soon every footy lad in Britain was dressed as if he was on the 17th green at fuckin Wentworth :D

Least we forget Peter Storm cagoules .

Guess so they could putt themselves about a bit

:lol:

They're backward people at the best of times.

:lol:

They're backward people at the best of times.

Yet PL said: "But that all spread like wildfire and soon every footy lad in Britain was dressed as if he was on the 17th green at fuckin Wentworth"

What's that make those who followed the backward ???

I smell stitch up....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18754479

Yep

Fans in uproar (yet again) Full text of the meeting invite (from Thomo's blog)

Dangerous game, many SFL chairmen are fucking foaming, a vote of NO to number one would sink Sevco.

Subject: SFL Special General Meeting – Friday, 13th July, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,

David A. Longmuir

Chief Executive, SFL.

Nothing like an egg sandwich and chicken satay skewer to remove the bad tatste of a stitch up - somehow before Friday they will cobble together a total league reconstruction plan that the 8 on the SFL board will find agreeable within the space of a few days - wonder how many of the 8 representatives have shares in the team formerly known as ...

...unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

Pride counts for a lot, or it should do, and if I was a Rangers fan I would actually want to start in Division 3. Would be interesting to know how many Rangers fans would agree

I know my housemate does and he seems to think he's not in the minority.

Indeed, it's so blatant and all.

i'd laugh my balls off after all this they got into div1 and still failed to get promoted.

They'd still find a way of facilitating their promotion, wouldn't they? Scottish football is absolutely pathetic.

They'd still find a way of facilitating their promotion, wouldn't they? Scottish football is absolutely pathetic.

Do they even need to? Rangers reserves would probably still be the best team in Div 1.

Do they even need to? Rangers reserves would probably still be the best team in Div 1.

They would have done, but they've all left. They have a squad of between 6 and 13 depending on which sources you believe.